Vodka, is that you?

Vodka, is that you?

Jung Daehyun, Youngjae's headache.

He torments Youngjae on a daily basis as if he's on duty. Can't afford to miss a day. His strong commitment on obnoxiously torturing the slightly smaller male routinely is admirable. Weekends are exceptions which is why on Monday, he'll go down stronger than ever.

Today is Monday.

He glares at the older boy who is staring down at him, his papers and pens scattering around him. " you." He curses.

Jung Daehyun snickers. He scans the scattered floor and lift his leg only to land it back down on an innocent pen so casually. The sound of pen crushing under his foot seems to please him as he holds back his laughter before walking away ignoring the victim who curses at him once more.

Youngjae is unharmed, but the shame that showers him feels worse than any supposed harm. Students glance at him as they walk pass the crime scene that Jung Daehyun has created a few minutes ago. He hears them whisper as they spread the fresh news around the campus but he barely gives a care. He sits on the floor in a very dramatic manner, as if he's a young maiden in a traditional korean movie being hit by the protagonist's mother-in-law, so she fell to the ground and kneels to beg for forgiveness because she was stupid and clumsy- she failed to pour the poison into the daughter-in-law's morning tea as she was told to do so.

So, Youngjae has zoned out like he usually does, his vision is blurry as he stares out into the open, mouth slightly open. He has long forgotten about Jung Daehyun and what happened. The people walking by him looks as if they're walking in slow motion, as slow as he flutters his eyes. There's probably a background music playing in his head by now.

A pair of legs halt before him, the owner bends down to collect Youngjae's scattered stationeries. He waves his hand in front of the boy in a pensive state.

"Youngjae." A deep voice vibrates in Youngjae's ears, waking him up from his long trance.

"...oh Yongguk hyung." He regards the other as Yongguk help him to get up on his feet.

"What are you doing down there? Did you not hear the bell ring?"

The younger boy scratches the back of his head and giggles in embarrassment. How did he end up sitting down on the hallway floor for that long?

Youngjae is an elite student who advanced two grades ahead, making him classmates with his older cousin, Yongguk. He thinks this is the reason Jung Daehyun hates him so much. He used to be classmates with Jung Daehyun on the first half of his first year but he excelled so much and soon he took a test to inspect his grade qualification. It turned out that he was a prodigy after all just like his name claims him to be.

He has a habit of daydreaming; zoning out whenever he finds the chances to;

His prince with a white horse is a faceless person name Vodka. He rescues Youngjae from a fire breathing dragon name Daehyun. They ride into the sunset, watches as the flowers go back to sleep and Vodka brings him to his castle. Who would have thought that Prince Vodka has a beautiful prince waiting for him at home. According to Vodka, his prince is the most beautiful lad in the land, leaving the devastated Youngjae to wish for beauty. Story of his life.

"Youngjae, how far did you go?" The teacher teases, startles the zoned out Youngjae. His face is immediately a tomato red when the entire class laugh at his startled reaction. He frowns pitifully at them, his own cousin is not an exception. The broad gummy laugh directed at him. Youngjae scans the classroom and finds the loudest contribution to the laughter, Kim Himchan.

"...gawhhhh our Youngjae is so cute!" Kim Himchan coos.

The teacher hits the whiteboard with a book to gain back the class' attention, "Alright, alright everyone, that's enough. That's it for today. Remember to submit your assignments tomorrow before 10am at the pigeonhole."

Youngjae nods as he takes a mental note. "Wait… assignment?" Youngjae questions softly. He turns to Yongguk on his right, "Hyung, what assignment is that?"

"The assignment she gave us last week. She extend the due date to tomorrow since most of us haven't complete it yet."

"..Oh! I have finished it!" He clumsily searches his file for said assignment, the incident with Daehyun earlier that day had caused the papers in his file to get mixed up. When he finally found it, he quickly chases the teacher down the hall. Mrs Han is walking towards another class.

She enters the class while Youngjae is only a few steps too late so he thinks it'd be a waste if he just walks away now. He goes up to knock on the door, he recognizes the faces of the students in the class. It is his former class. His eyes meet a particular dragon, Daehyun's eyes are wide open, as if surprised to see him.

"Yes, Youngjae?" Mrs Han asks.

"My assignment...I want to submit it now."

She nods her head, signaling for him to come forth. She is a queen and he is her subject. She has summoned him today because he, her loyal subject has found a cure to a strange disease that's been spreading across the kingdom.

"Youngjae?" Mrs. Han calls out. Snap out of it, Youngjae.

He shakes his head in realization- he did that; standing by the door, zoning out once again. He heard Jung Daehyun snorts, follows by light laughters of the rest. He rolls his eyes.

Mrs Han smiles at him, "Are you okay?"

"I'm great." It is the truth.

-

[On Twitter]

Jayparkson:
Can he just disappear? That ugly dragon.

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson ugly dragon? are you talking about that jerk, hyung? ㅋㅋㅋ

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 Vodka!!! ㅠㅠ yes. Who else would I be ing about?

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson ㅎㅎㅎ he was a fat assassin yesterday but turned into an ugly dragon today. What happened? Are you okay? :'(

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 I guess I'm fine. Today, like always, he embarrassed me...enough about him! How was your day? :)

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson whoa sorry to hear that Jay hyung :( ... my day was great! I saw my crush today. He looks really really beautiful today, it's Monday so I guess I miss him more today.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 wow great. :D

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson His face got red when our eyes met, he is the cutest!!

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 he blushes when he sees you? wow wow I bet he likes you too!

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson ㅋㅋㅋ how I wish :')

-
Urgh. Youngjae wishes Vodka can just shuts up about his crush. He fell for Vodka because Vodka never fails to lighten up his mood. Although that jerk Jung Daehyun makes him feels like a piece of crap, Vodka would always reminds him that he is special in his own way. It's like he was an angel sent from heaven to guard him. That angel unfortunately has set his eyes on someone else.

"My dearest, if only you knew how ridiculously beautiful you look sitting down there? I want to kiss you so badly?" Youngjae frowns as he reads tweets from Vodka. "Just who is this lucky fellow?"

-

Jung Daehyun pushes him against the locker, his strong palm press against Youngjae's chest harshly. He glares at the younger boy pinned under his arm.

"Let me go." Youngjae demands, his voice soft in a passive manner. He tries to push the stronger male but fails to do so. Jung Daehyun smirks before letting go. "Weak." He says in a low tone then walks away. He is doing this for the sake of his daily routine. He really has nothing better to do, things like submitting assignments or preparing for a surprise quiz.

Youngjae straighten his uniform, sighing. He is about to lose himself into a trance when a sturdy arm wraps around his shoulder. It is Kim Himchan.

"Why do you let him do that to you?" The senior asks nonchalantly. Is that even a question?

"I don't just let him do that...Hey! You were around? You should've in, teach him a lesson hyung!"

"Can't. He's my friend after all. Besides, a guy shouldn't be this weak." He pokes Youngjae's small arm to prove his point only to be shoved away by the other.

"Friend? I can't believe you call such bastard a friend. He's been doing this to me for more than a year and I have no idea why."

"...hmm. Maybe I know why..." Himchan nods in a serious manner, he drags the other by the waist towards the cafeteria. Youngjae gives him a questioning look.

"...because you're cute."

Youngjae snorts in disgust. "Gross." Once again, he shoves the other away. He clearly does not appreciate Himchan's touchy nature.

Amongst the crowd, a shiny gummy smile calls out to the two boys who recognize it immediately. Yongguk is having instant noodles. He even prepared two bowls of noodles for his two classmates.

"What's taking you two so long? Your noodles are bloated.”

"Youngjae here got himself in trouble with Daehyun again."

"I didn't get myself in trouble. I told you, I didn't do anything." Youngjae hisses.

Yongguk slurps his noodles while shaking his head disapprovingly. "I don't like that kid." He sighs.

Himchan laughs, "Daehyun is a nice kid. He is just very...how do I say this. A show off? A prankster?"

"A bastard!" Youngjae cries out, pouting.

The two of them talk and talk, they talk more than they eat. This leaves Yongguk weary, "Hurry and finish your meals. I haven't submit my maths assignment."

"Forget it, it's past ten. I haven't submit mine either."

-

[On Twitter]

Jayparkson:
Urgh. I really hate him. I wish I'm strong enough to punch him on the face and shove him against his locker.

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson hyung, I'm cheering you on. Whatever he did to you today, I hope you're not hurt.

Vodka has been calling Youngjae 'hyung' ever since he found out that Youngjae is in the eleventh grade. It never occured to Youngjae that Vodka calls him hyung for that reason, he thought that Vodka simply assume that he was older because he feels like it. They're both in high school so it's a slim chance that Vodka is actually younger than him.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 I'm not hurt. Don't worry :)

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson: glad to hear that :) hey, what are you up to?

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 I'm at the mall now. Just about to head back home actually. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson what? really? what a coincidence! I'm also at the mall right now. Which mall are you at?

Youngjae pauses, ahead of him, he sees Jung Daehyun standing in a line to get a pretzel. He curses and turns to walk back towards the opposite direction.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 I'm at paradigm mall...guess what? I saw that bastard! >:(

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson WHOA I'M ALSO AT PARADIGM MALL!!!! Maybe we should meet? If you want to :) That bastard? WALK AWAY FROM HIM. Hmmm

The sound of Youngjae's heartbeat is louder than his breathing. He is finally going to meet Vodka? He adjusted his shirt and walks into a makeup store. He checks himself out inside a mirror, putting on a touch of light orange lip tint tester just to add color to his pale complexion. If he's lucky, Vodka might actually find him prettier than that crush of his.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 sure! let's meet up. Where are you? and yes yes, I'm walking away from him, good thing he didn't see me.

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson JAY HYUNG!! What a small world!! I just saw my crush!! I think he is walking towards the exit. He looks so so good. His lips looks redder than it usually does, what is he thinking going to the mall looking this pretty? ㅠㅠ what if other people fall for him... ㅠㅠ

Vodka is so ridiculous, it makes Youngjae laugh at the same time it makes him frowns. If Vodka's crush is here, then he most likely would want to hang out with his crush instead.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 haha really? then you should go have fun with him. We can meet next time then :) Fighting!!!

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson what?? no no.. I can't talk to him. Let's meet Jay hyung. Where are you? I'll go there.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 ㅋㅋㅋ okay then. :) I'm at the exit next to Sephora. I'll wait here unless you want me to go back in.

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson wait. Jay hyung, maybe you should come in. I saw my crush sitting there. I really don't want him to see me. I look ridiculous without my hair gelled up. lol

Youngjae glances to his left and right. There is no pretty boy sitting nearby. Only a middle aged lady and her son which looks about ten years old. That couldn't be Vodka's crush? Unless his crush looks extremely young for his age. He turns to look behind him and sees Jung Daehyun not far away from the sliding door, their eyes meet.

"." He curses under his breath.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 Vodka ㅠㅠ I can't go in, that bastard is nearby. I think he sees me. You should come here, I think your crush is gone. I don't see anyone else here other than an ahjumma.

vodka2428
@Jayparkson eh? Which exit are you at?? My crush is still sitting there and he even looked at me. But I don't think he recognizes me.

Youngjae freezes when he sees that reply from Vodka. Just what is happening? Is that person, perhaps, talking about him?

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 is he wearing a pink sweater?

...

He waits for a reply and it seems that ten minutes have passed yet Vodka is still silent. He glances behind him to see if anyone looks suspicious. Jung Daehyun is still there, his expression looks restless, maybe something is bothering him or maybe it's because his hair is dry and not styled up like it usually is…

Jung Daehyun approaches him. He sits next to Youngjae.

"Hi, Youngjae." Daehyun greets, his voice is low and steady. It is the first time Youngjae hears such sound from the other.

His jaw drops slightly upon realising what's going on.

"Vodka, is that you?"

"Yes. This is me..Nice to meet you."

"Wow?"

Jung Daehyun's gazes at the flustered boy, the other trying to avoid his eyes. Maybe in hatred. "Am I that bastard?"

"Obviously?" Youngjae retorts.

Silence.

"Oh. Wait, I forget something." Daehyun fishes out his phone, his long fingers typing something.

Ding!

Youngjae's phone notification went off. Vodka finally replied his tweet.

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson yes, he is wearing a pink sweater. And I think he looks beautiful. ㅠㅠ I wish he wouldn’t go out looking this pretty.

Youngjae blushes, he honestly doesn’t know how to react to this. Daehyun had been torturing him at the same time he is also the same person who had been listening to all his complaints and he had made him feel safe and not alone. Not only that, he had been calling his crush, him, the most beautiful person in the world.

Jayparkson:
@vodka2428 why have you been torturing him?

vodka2428:
@Jayparkson because I have no other way to approach him. I want to see him everyday and everyday I want him to notice me. I'm so sorry. :'(

"Unbelievable." Youngjae exclaims softly.

"Youngjae, I'm really really sorry. I didn't know it bothers you so much. I thought you didn't mind me."

The younger of the two sigh. The incredulity of this is almost overwhelming.

"Hey, who said you can stop calling me hyung?"

"Wow, can't believe I've been calling you hyung."
.
.
.
Youngjae searches for his chemistry book in the locker, he could swear that he left it there yesterday. He scratches his head, cursing himself for being so clumsy. The chemistry teacher is going to scold him if he didn't bring his textbook.

He is a captive, and the chemistry teacher is a most wanted criminal dealing with drugs and firearms. He is caught spying on their gangs while they were trading their-

A hand harshly pushes his head into the locker. "Ouch!" He turns to find Daehyun smirking at him. He blinks at the boy in surprise, Daehyun's rough action left him speechless.

Daehyun laughs, and pats Youngjae's head tenderly. "Sorry sorry, does it hurt? HAHAHAHA"

"Not funny Daehyun."