Final

Colors

 

 

Jihoon first got a single colored rose from his friend Soonyoung when he was in grade 4. It was Valentine’s Day and his friend ran to him with the biggest smile on his face, hands clutching onto a yellow rose. The other male told him that his mum told him the meanings of colored roses and he wanted to give one to his best friend. 

Jihoon shyly accepted it and took his yellow rose home. He admired its beauty every day until it withered. Not wanting to throw such a precious rose away, he asked his mom to get it pressed so that he’d have it forever. 

That was the very first rose he has ever gotten; a yellow rose from his best friend Soonyoung. Each year on Valentine’s Day Soonyoung would hand him a rose and jihoon would have them pressed. And each year, as Soonyoung gave him flowers and became more and more handsome, he slowly fell in love with his best friend. Needless to say, his little rose collection was full of yellow roses except for their 8th grade year. That year Jihoon was shyly handed a yellow colored rose with red tips. Jihoon had asked Soonyoung why it looked different but all he got in return was a blushing Soonyoung who never did give him an answer. Nevertheless, he took it home and had it pressed when it withered and died. 

Jihoon received red tipped, yellow roses for the next three years until his 12th grade. That year, a day before valentines, the handsome Soonyoung handed him a red rose and quickly took off running. Jihoon looked at his red rose and blushed. He may not have known what the other roses meant but everyone knew what a red colored rose meant. And he would be lying if he said he didn’t feel the same way for his best friend. 

He tried looking for his friend that entire day but was only met with disappointment when all Soonyoung did was run whenever they made eye contact. He huffed, frustrated when it was the end of school and he had yet to see Soonyoung. Knowing full well that he won’t see Soonyoung until he gets off from his dance practice at 5, he started his walk home, dejected and upset that Soonyoung didn’t even wait for his answer. He continued sulking until he came across his elderly neighbors who’s husband was giving his wife a bouquet of roses. He heard her laugh and smile before giving her husband a kiss on the cheek. He felt himself smile at the cute scene in front of him before he thought of the perfect way to confess to Soonyoung. With that thought in mind, he quickly ran home to get his plan into action. 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Soonyoung came home, exhausted and sore. He sighed as he set his book bag down and took off his shoes. He quickly greeted his mum, who greeted him back with a knowing smile, with a kiss on the cheek before he went to his room. He gasped in shock when the first thing he saw was Jihoon standing in the middle of his room with the most beautiful bouquet of roses he had ever seen. 

11 red roses. There were 11 red, beautiful roses in the bouquet that Jihoon had. Soonyoung felt himself tear up at the thought that his best friend might feel the same way too. 

“You never let me answer you before you ran off,” Jihoon mumbled, his eyes casted downwards and his ears red. “I like you too, ya know.. I know that I didn’t know what the red tipped yellow roses meant but I do now. And I know you know what this bouquet means because you’ve liked flowers for so long, I just know you know what this means.” Jihoon takes a breath and finally looks up at Soonyoung. “Kwon Soonyoung, I love you and I’ve loved since you’ve started giving me roses, so be my boyfriend..?” 

If Soonyoung wasn’t crying before, he was downright bawling his eyes out. “Yes, Jihoon. Yes, yes, a million times yes!” He exclaims as he runs towards Jihoon and hugs him. He pulls back and looks at the blushing Jihoon. 

“You’ve likes me for that long?” He asks and Jihoon blushes even more. “Yah, don’t.. don’t bring it up. It’s awkward..” Soonyoung’s smile widens as he holds Jihoon by the shoulders. “I have too.” With that said, he leans down and presses a chaste kiss to Jihoon’s lips, causing the already blushing boy to blush even more, if possible. “I love you, Lee Jihoon.” He kisses Jihoon again, this time longer and softer. When he pulls back, Jihoon is a blushing mess. “And I love you, Kwon Soonyoung.” 

 

That night, Jihoon sleeps in his bed with him. They cuddle and steal kisses from one another. Making up for the lost time they could’ve spent with one another and they both couldn’t be any happier. 

 

————————-

Yellow roses: friendship and can tell someone the joy they bring you 

Red tipped, yellow roses: falling in love 

11 red roses: I love you, undivided love all that good shi

Sooo yeah..? It’s finished yaaayyy. I hope you enjoyed it :3 it was originally gonna be meanie because let’s be honest I’m meanie trash but soonhoon has been stealing the spotlight recently so boom here they is. Thank you for reading!