Almost A Change

Almost A Change (Love Story To Begin With)

Life is so boring.

It is just a repetitive cycle of everything, like the wheels of a bus. It goes round and round and round, again and again. Only stopping from time to time yet goes again. Like the traffic light, red and green, stop and go.

Hongbin wonders when his life will take the orange sign.

He wants to experience life in its normal pace. Like enjoying each and every moments. Cherishing all of the events.

But the question to his life is, what to enjoy? What to cherish?

Hongbin has lived his life alone since high school. He lived inside the dormitory, away from his own family. With only some of his friends to be with sometimes.

Woke up early. Take the bus to school. Attend his classes 'til afternoon. In rare days, go unwinding with his friends by Sanghyuk's lead. In most days, after classes, he'll take the bus again to go back at the dormitory. Then, spend his time in bed all day.

It was the rare day, Sanghyuk invited him to sing their stressed hearts and minds off at a karaoke but Hongbin wasn't on mood to wander around. He just wanted to teleport right on top of his bed and sleeps his tired body away.

So he declined his friends' offer and ignored them. Making his way out of school until he reached the bus stop. Five minutes waiting and he finally boarded the bus and takes a seat near the glass window.

Fifteen minutes more before the bus goes off on its wheels, he leaned his head slightly diagonal against the glass window, earphones plugged on both his ears, Shawn Mendes' Roses lullabying his exhausted brain.

The bus door closing, the wheels starting to move when someone chases after the bus. Hongbin immediately called out to the driver to stop him. Thankful, that someone has safely boarded the bus.

When he strided inside the bus, Hongbin's eyes shot right to the man's face.

Although, it was slightly contorted because he's still catching his breath, the man was surely a beauty.

It would be really cliché if Hongbin will describe his facial features. All he could think of is, the man is like the wildest dreams Hongbin has ever dream off. And now, it was walking towards him, smiling at him, yet Hongbin couldn't make his reflexes work. All he could do is stare at him.

When the man sat beside him, only then Hongbin could take his eyes off him.

He doesn't want to appear creepy to him as far as possibly.

So Hongbin darted his head forward. Eyes gawking sideward like a rooster. Sneaking up close glances from him. Even the man's side profile is perfect. And Hongbin found himself falling and falling love at first sight to him.

He never had heard his own heart pound inside his chest like this. Like, like this loud and fast. It was like; he's pushing the bus from behind to make its wheels work. That's how his heart throbs nervously that he needed to gasp for air, literally.

The bus went on its wheels as slow as it can in Hongbin's world where the man was slowly dozing off, his head bouncing back and forth with less strength until the man finally fell asleep and falling head attached comfortably to Hongbin's shoulder.

It was that moment when Hongbin's heart almost jumped out from his chest.

His heart beating in sync with the man's shallowing breaths.

Hongbin couldn't find the courage to wake the man up. Because, one, looking down at him, Hongbin found the cute aegyosal under the man's both eyes. Indicating somehow the man is stressed, exhausted or tired.

Two, Hongbin too. Being a comfortable pillow for the man for the whole bus ride feels like all Hongbin's stress and exhaustion has been lifted off from his shoulders. Thanks with the cute man leaning on his shoulder now.

He sniffs on the man's crown, and gosh did it smells like a flowery garden well taken care off with enough supply of sunlight and water.

Due to the heavenly smell, Hongbin was as if been lured to sleep. His eyes started to flicker close and open, until his consciousness was taken away from him alongside all the problems he had at the moment.

When his eyes flips open, he immediately checks the time where it was only half an hour has passed; he's only halfway to his dorm. With his shoulder a bit heavy, the man is still sleeping so soundly on his shoulder.

Hongbin found himself smiling without a reason.

He had never smiled truly and happily like this for a long time.

It's like being his old self again.

Where he was a happy, cheerful, friendly, and an optimistic person.

And the man has awoken that old him from a long hibernate.

So Hongbin could all feel thankful for him.

Only falling even harder for him.

It was weird to say that he's fallen in love with the man already who he just saw and met half an hour ago. But Hongbin feels like he knew the man from a long time now. He just has this familiriaty Hongbin is looking for a person. And this man has that.

A slight move from the man's head, Hongbin stiffens a bit. Until the man jerks up and looked outside the window, throwing himself to reach the red emergency button on Hongbin's side.

With the man's face so close to his, Hongbin's breathing hitches. Not just only because of that, one of the man's hand pawed 'unknowingly' on top of Hongbin's crotch which made Hongbin gasps for air. The other hand of the man was busy pressing the red button while yelling at the bus driver to stop.

When the bus stopped finally, the man stood up quickly and went off the bus. Hongbin followed the view of the man where the man runs on its feet until he met...another man...and a child.

The man crouched down to hug the child and carry him on his arms.

Hongbin couldn't see anymore as the bus goes on its wheels again.

His heart dropped dramatically sad.

He thought, it was almost a change.

But not.

It wasn't.

Until his hand fallen beside him and feels something on the couch. Hongbin looked down beside him and found a cellphone.

It is probably the man's handphone.

Then, this only means, we'll gonna see each other again. I'll gonna see him again. He thinks.

When Hongbin thought, maybe, it is really the change he's waiting and seeking for since ages, he picks up the phone and opens it.

And there he was.

Now, finally, Hongbin could conclude that the man wasn't the change he's been craving.

Just, almost a change.

Because, there was the man...and the child...on the phone's screensaver.

THE END

---

AN: It actually happened to me when someone so gorgeous and handsome as hell fallen asleep on the bus and leans his head on my shoulder. I didn't pry his head away, he's so-a-view up close, so I just enjoyed it for a moment until I needed to get off from the bus lol

Please wait for the epilogue and a probably second version of this fic.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

Hope you guys enjoyed reading it~