final

Cold hands, soft hearts

“I found someone else. A nice and pretty girl. She offered for me to move in with her so I’ll come next week and get my things.”

Jimin sighed when his words replayed in his mind for the nth time and he just wanted it to shut up and leave him alone.

With dried tears he stood by the grave of his parents, watching it silently and waiting for nothing in particular. He enjoyed the silence that usually surrounded him whenever he went in the evening to visit his family.

Somehow, these last weeks took a great toll on him. First, his parents passed away and he was the only one left of their family to care for everything that was necessary. He needed to organize a funeral and pay for it all alone. His boyfriend has not been of any help to him either. He just watched and sighed when Jimin wasn’t able to dry his tears.

Then came the break up.

Jimin almost expected it. There was no spark to their relationship anymore. His boyfriend didn’t help him get over his parents death. And on new years eve, he had left Jimin alone at home, cold and heartbroken.

Because his boyfriend wasn’t very fond of Jimins friends, Jimin had slowly started to get distanced from them to please him, somehow he always had a negative thing to mention to Jimin, whether it was his friend, his old photos of his cat hanging at the wall of their living room or the newly died pink hair that was ‘too girly’.

He was left with nobody of his old life, his friends lost and his cat gone when it was too old to accompany him any longer.

He swallowed thickly, refusing to cry again, here at the grave of his parents, because of his ex-boyfriend. They have never approved of him, already seeing what a cold hearted person he was but Jimin was happy with him for the time being and they let him.

A snowflake fell. It was harsh winter in Busan and he didn’t wear a hat or gloves because it was supposed to be a short trip. But the temperatures sank drastically in the evening and he regretted refusing to wear warm attire for his walk, something his mother would have never allowed him to do.

Slowly, he made his way back from the graveyard through the high fresh snow, the cold water sipping through the seam of his pants and cooling his legs uncomfortably. His feet carried him to the nearby park and he fell down on a bench, not caring he sat down in snow and his bottom was getting wet as well.

Somehow he wanted to punch himself because he was angry to be so weak and to break down so easily. To have fallen for such a careless boy, throwing him everything to his feet and neglecting his own friends to please him, he surely was a fool back then, a lovesick fool and he didn’t want to experience anything like that again.

Three weeks have passed since his ex-boyfriend broke up with him now, “I can’t watch you crying and wallowing in self-pity any longer. I need some freedom which you aren’t granting me here, crying all the time. I think it’s time for us to break up now.”

Jimin felt his eyes brim again and he sniffled at the memory.

Honestly he wasn’t sad because his boyfriend broke up with him, he was angry at himself for letting this play with his feelings since they started going out. He always saw other pairs or movies where they told each other loving and sweet words and he always longed for him to say anything like that to him. He can’t remember the last time he called him any pet name with love in his eyes and a fond smile on his lips.

He huffed angrily and rubbed over his face with his ice cold hands, not caring that they have turned blue until now.

“You should not go outside without a hat on a cold day like this.”

Jimin raised his head surprised, he hadn’t heard the boy coming up to him.

“Why do you care?” Jimin asked, almost snapped because the pretty boy interrupted his session of self-pity.

“You will freeze your ears off! And I am quite fond of the person those ears belong to…”

Jimin blinked, surprised at the words of the pretty boy and gazed at him in a daze, waiting for more.

“I’ve seen you around here a lot lately. You’ve never smiled and you always look as if there is a huge burden on your shoulders. I was quite worried the last days because it looks as if it’s getting bigger.” The boy explained and gently brushed the snow off the bench next to Jimin, sitting down slowly but keeping a comfortable space between them.

Jimin was uncertain what to say. The child saw through him so easily and he suddenly asked himself, has he been this see-through all these weeks?

“My name is Jungkook.” The pretty boy introduced himself when Jimin didn’t say anything.

“Jimin.” He said and the other boy smiled, lips stretching over cute bunny teeth so adorably Jimin wanted to pinch his cheeks.

“So what are you doing outside at this late hour?” Jungkook asked.

“I was taking a walk.”

“Without a hat and gloves?”

“Why are you mentioning that? It’s not too cold.”

“Your ears and your fingers tell me otherwise.” Jungkook laughed and Jimin watched him fascinated.

“Well, it’s my decision to go out the way I want to.” Jimin shot back.

“Sure.” Jungkook grinned and eyed him expectantly.

“Why aren’t you in bed by now? Shouldn’t a child like you be asleep already? Tomorrow is school for you.” Jimin asked.

Jungkook pouted, “Hey, I’m not as young as I may look!”

“Of course.” Jimin chuckled and Jungkook watched him, the smaller boys eyes forming tiny crescents and his plush lips stretching over beautiful teeth and Jungkook saw his slightly crooked tooth for the first time, ah, so cute, he thought and smiled.

“I’m seventeen and I go to high school already!” Jungkook defended himself and Jimin widened his eyes comically and his lips parted in playful shock, amused on the inside.

“Oh, I’m impressed! So old already!” Jimin joked and Jungkooks pout increased even more.

“You’re so mean!” He whined.

“And you’re cute.” Jimin mumbled and petted his beanie-clad head softly.

Jungkooks eyes widened and Jimin saw a soft blush tinting the boy’s cheeks and he realized what he was doing, quickly retreating his hand and blushing himself. In Jungkooks eyes flashed disappointment but it left as quickly as it had come and the huge smile was back on his lips.

“Anyway, I have to leave now sadly. Tomorrow is school and I need to be fit! Here you have my beanie and I expect you to bring it back to me tomorrow here at this bench.” Jungkook smiled and put the beanie on Jimins head, petting him a few times before he grinned happily and started leaving.

“See you tomorrow, Jiminie-hyung!” he waved and disappeared as quickly as he came.

Jimin stared after him for a few moments, expecting him to come back to him but he didn’t.

Ten minutes later, he got up to walk back home, the moonlight illuminating his path softly. Jimin thought about Jungkook. How his eyes shined so purely and his lips stretched in such a whole-hearted smile, Jimin has missed somebody being so sincere with him.

His eyes widened when he realized Jungkook lifted his burden a little, making him think about something else and he felt his heart clench a little, the boy helped him unconditionally.

That night, he fell asleep with a smile on his lips, soft eyes and bright smiles on his mind.

 

Jimin hurried to get changed and make his way to the park.

Jungkook was sitting on the bench where they met last night and he smiled when he saw Jimin hurrying towards him and panting when he arrived.

“Hey” He exhaled out of breath.

“Hi.” Jungkook grinned and automatically Jimins own lips stretched widely and they both started to laugh.

“I’m sorry for being late, I got out of work later than usual.” Jimin apologized but Jungkook dismissed it quickly.

“No need to apologize.”

Jimin smiled and wiped the snow off the bench and sat down next to Jungkook, unconsciously a little closer to him than last night.

“So, what do you do for a living?” Jungkook asked curiously.

“I’m working in an office of a coffee company, just an unimportant tiny task.” Jimin said and a frown grew on Jungkooks forehead.

“Your task can’t be unimportant! If it was, you wouldn’t be sitting there!” he retorted.

“Well, if you say so.” Jimin smiled sadly, being reminded of his job didn’t help him much because his ex always criticized his work, asking why he couldn’t earn more money with a better payed job even though Jimin earned more than enough to be able to take care of himself.

Jungkook noticed the sad look in his eyes and panicked, he didn’t know what he triggered and how to solve it so he just grabbed Jimins hand and rubbed his thumb over the smallers hand softly.

Jimins gaze wandered up to his face and Jungkook was relieved to find Jimin smiling at him reassuringly.

“Did you bring my hat?” Jungkook asked after a short while of enjoying each others presence silently.

“Oops.” Jimin said when he remembered he left it on the small cupboard next to the door of his apartment, in his hurry he had forgotten it there.

“Oh boy, your ears are freezing again. Why are you so careless?” Jungkook scolded and pulled his beanie off to slip it on Jimins head.

“Here you can have mine again. I’m not very cold.” He reassured the smaller and smiled at him.

“But-“

“No buts.” Jungkook retorted and Jimin obliged, blushing when Jungkook pinched his cheek.

“You’re so cute hyung!” Jungkook grinned.

Jimin stared at him and his beautiful complexion, the bright snow reflecting the afternoon suns rays brightened his face even more and Jimin saw him almost glowing.

“You’re the cute one here.” He slipped and Jungkooks grin widened even more in happiness.

“Hyung, don’t flatter me!”

Jimin blushed and looked away, humiliated.

“So, how has school been?” he changed the topic very indiscreetly but Jungkook didn’t mind.

“It was fine. Boring as every day.”

“Why so?”

“The teachers let us work on our own and leave the rooms to run errands and nobody has a chance to ask anything. It’s very difficult sometimes.” Jungkook sighed.

“Where do you have problems with?” Jimin asked and Jungkook didn’t have to think much.

“Business.”

Jimin squinted his eyes and laughed, “Well, I can help you with that.”

“Really?” Jungkooks eyes widened with hope.

“Why not? I guess I’m capable of it since I graduated high school as well.” He chuckled.

“Okay we’ll do that then!” Jimins heart clenched and it turned warm and fuzzy in his stomach when he saw how happy Jungkook was because of his offer.

“When do you want to start?” he asked softly and Jungkook gazed at him for a short while, thinking.

“Is tomorrow okay?” he asked carefully, scared of rushing things and bringing Jimin out of his comfort zone because that was the last thing he wanted to do now that he had gotten so close to the man he desired since two years already, watching him from afar and learning all the small things about him.

“It’s fine.” Jimin smiled.

They agreed on a close by coffee shop and a time and soon, Jungkook had to leave for dinner with his family.

Jimin swallowed at the thought of happy Jungkook sitting at a huge table with his parents and his brother, eating all together.

“Hyung, are you fine?” Jungkook asked concerned when he saw Jimins gaze far away and filled with sadness and longing.

“Yes, yes I’m fine.” He dismissed, not wanting to burden the child with his problems.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Jungkook smiled warmly and took Jimins hand in his own squeezing it softly as if to reassure him it’s fine. Then he left and Jimin sat on the park bench, not freezing anymore because his chest felt warm and his stomach was all fuzzy and the hand Jungkook had squeezed was all tingly and warm even without gloves.

His ears were warm as well.

With a smile he returned to his apartment and with newly found energy he started throwing his exes things in the hallway.

 

This time, Jungkook was running late.

Jimin was sitting in the sofa in a far corner of the coffee shop they agreed on meeting in, silently looking through a book he brought with him.

“Hey Jiminie~”

Jimin looked up from the book and saw Jungkook bright smile.

“Hello.” He said and made some space.

“How are you?” the younger asked while he sat down and made himself comfortable.

“I’m fine. How about you? How was dinner?”

“Same, it was fine. Junghyun brought his first girlfriend home that’s why I had to leave.” He sighed.

“Oh, is she nice?” Jimin asked, not missing the disappointed sigh that left Jungkooks soft lips.

“Yea I think so. She’s nice and pretty and everything Junghyun wanted.” He said.

“Are you mad?”

“Ah, it’s just- never mind.” Jungkook dismissed and Jimin was a little disappointed.

Jungkook saw the disappointment in Jimins face written in wrinkles and a frown and he looked really cute. He laughed.

“It’s just that he is younger than me but found his first partner before me.” Jungkook said and caught the small smile that pulled at the elders lips.

“Aah, you’re jealous. No worries, being single isn’t as bad as you think.” He said and laughed but Jungkook saw that it wasn’t whole-hearted.

He just wanted to hug Jimin and tell him it’ll get better. He saw how Jimin suffered the last days until he was finally brave enough to come up to him and talk to him. He always saw him walking alone in the park and suddenly he was so sad and he cried a lot. It took him two months to be brave enough to approach him after he realized that Jimins condition turned worst day by day.

“Do you want to order already?” he tried changing the topic.

Jimin threw him a thankful smile and nodded.

Jungkook asked for the waitress and soon she came taking their orders.

“So where do you want to start?” Jimin asked and Jungkook poured everything out.

After three hours of revising Jungkooks topics and explaining a little here and there he had the basic hang of it and Jimin was very proud because he was a fast learner.

They decided to meet again on Monday since tomorrow was Sunday and Jungkooks parents had plans with the family and Junghyuns girlfriend.

“I’m missing a partner! My mom has my dad and my brother has his girlfriend. I’m fifth-wheeling here!” Jungkook whined and Jimin chuckled, ruffling Jungkooks hair endearingly.

“Well, I’ll see you on Monday then. Thank you very much for today, Jiminie-hyung.” Jungkook grinned and stepped a little closer to peck Jimins cheek briefly, not missing his huge blush.

“Bye-bye.” He sang and waved before leaving.

Jimin stood perplexed, warmed and flushed and made his way home.

 

On Monday they went over the details to prepare Jungkook for his upcoming exam.

 

On Tuesday they revised all the things because on Wednesday Jungkook would write the exam.

 

On Wednesday hell broke.

Jimin was at home, expecting Jungkook any minute. He invited him to his home for the first time and he was very nervous, fidgeting with the cake he baked for Jungkook and his good attitude while studying together.

The doorbell rang and he jumped, excitedly but nervously running to the door to rip it open.

Jungkook was standing in front of him, grinning his beautiful bunny smile and Jimin let him in.

“I brought something for you, hyung.” Jungkook said and Jimin assumed he was shy.

His eyes widened when Jungkook outstretched a hand and held an orange rose in it.

“For me?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes.” Jungkook laughed, “It’s a thank you because the exam went really well!”

“Oh… Thanks.” Jimin muttered and went to the kitchen to pour water in a vase and bring it to the living room where Jungkook fell in the sofa, already feeling at home.

“I like your apartment. It feels like home.” He said and looked around in awe.

Jimin was flattered by his statement because since some time, this didn’t feel like home anymore. He smiled sadly.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Jungkook asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Jimin smiled again but it didn’t reach his eyes like it usually would.

“Really?” Jungkook inquired.

Jimin sighed. Maybe he should say something now.

He opened his mouth but before he could say anything, the doorbell rang again.

Jimin sighed and got up to answer the door.

What he saw when he opened it surprised him and he gasped, somehow he had forgotten his ex announced to come this week to get his things. He stepped aside and his eyes widened when he saw a girl trailing behind him, looking at him with a glare that Jimin almost fell over dead.

“I see you got rid of my things already.” His ex said and laughed sarcastically.

He still felt at home here and his new girlfriend as well. Jimin disliked his behavior because this was now his home.

“Hyung? Is everything okay?” Jungkook came out of the living room and stopped when he saw two strangers standing in the hallway and Jimin looking distressed and ready to break down.

“Hyung!” He exclaimed and quickly took his side.

“I see you found someone new. I hope he won’t stay as long as I did to listen to you lamenting over your parent’s death like a child.” He spat and picked up most his things, his girlfriend taking the rest.

“Must have been a burden to have such a crybaby clinging to you and taking all of your freedom.” She said and eyed Jimin with disdain. His ex pushed him harshly before he went out the apartment.

“Leave. You’ve got your things now so off already!” Jungkook said with so much anger Jimin could have been scared.

“What are you even? Can’t even stand up for yourself you piece of .” Jimins ex spat and slammed the door shut.

It was silent. Jungkook had his arm around Jimin, having caught him before he fell down. Jimin was staring far away and Jungkook was scared for him.

“Hyung…” he whispered and Jimin broke down.

The first sniffle came and Jungkook turned the smaller around to press his small frame to his chest and hug him tightly. He rested his head against his shoulder and felt how Jimins hands came to grip his shirt tightly. He cried in his shoulder and all Jungkook could do was shush him and caress him gently.

“It’s fine Jiminie, he’s gone. I’m here now.” He whispered and Jimins grip tightened even more.

After what seemed like half an hour, Jimin was strong enough to walk back to the living room where Jungkook pulled him in his lap and cuddled him softly.

“Are you better?” he asked carefully and Jimin just nodded.

“Thank you.” Jimin whispered and Jungkook chuckled softly.

“Anything for you. Do you want to talk about it?” Jungkook asked gently and Jimin was silent for a few minutes.

“Okay…” he started and Jungkook adjusted himself with Jimin on top of him.

“He is my ex-boyfriend. We’ve been in a relationship for so long. I’ve always loved him unconditionally and well, he never really loved me back the same. I neglected my friends because he didn’t like them and soon I was alone. He never went out with me and I started to take walks in the late evening to relieve the stress I had. Then my parents died. It was one of these evenings four months ago where I went for a walk when my phone went off and the police was there telling me my patents were lost in a car crash.” Jimin paused to swallow the thick lump in his throat and Jungkook raised a hand to gently rub his back to show him he was listening.

“I was devastated. I cried only when I got home really late and he was there on the couch not even asking me where I have been this long. I wanted him to comfort me and hold me and to care for me but everything I got was a go to sleep, it’s late already.” Jimin needed to stop again to swallow and his eyes started to sting again.

“I just went to sleep at that time. He slept on the sofa and didn’t pay me any attention. The following days I was confronted with their funeral because I am the only relative they had and I had to take care of everything alone. It was so difficult to contain the sorrow and nobody helped me. He left me alone and now, last week he broke up with me saying I was too difficult for him, I would cry too much and he couldn’t stand my sadness anymore. He had a new girlfriend who he loved sincerely this time. I did know that this day would come eventually. It was just so difficult with my parents lost and now him as well, I felt hopeless and left alone. I didn’t have any friends anymore any my cat left me also long time ago. She has always had an open ear for me but she died because she was so old. I’m not sad because he left me but because I was so stupid to spend so much time with him, to actually hope for him to someday comfort me and give me back what I have given him before. But I was too stupid to believe in him.”

Jimin stopped talking and Jungkook fastened his grip around the smallers waist, pulling him impossibly closer and giving Jimin a feeling of safety and comfort for the first time in so long.

“You know, I have been watching you. That sounds a bit weird but I can explain!” Jungkook exclaimed when Jimin threw him a startled gaze.

“I’ve been spending time in the park with my brother and I saw you walking and sitting on a bench there. I’ve always admired you because I thought you were really beautiful. Soon, I came here every day just to see you and well… here I am now. I would have never thought to be sitting in your apartment right now. The last months I have noticed that you were always so gloomy and you would cry sometimes. It was so difficult to approach you because I didn’t know what to say!” Jungkook blushed and turned his gaze away when Jimins eyes widened and he flushed cutely at the youngers words.

“You mean you’ve watched me for more than these last four months?” Jimin asked uncertainly.

“Actually, for two years already…” Jungkook confessed and Jimins eyes widened.

“I was just so interesting to watch you. You smiled a lot and sometimes you’d look so pretty I couldn’t turn my gaze away from you. But I became worried when I saw you getting worse every day. Soon you would never smile or giggle anymore. You’d only watch the sky or the birds. I was so worried for you…” Jungkook was a flushed mess right now, never has he ever said something like this to anybody.

“Jungkook…” Jimin whispered.

The taller boy slowly turned his gaze back to Jimin and saw the older smiling endearingly at him, his eyes the tiny crescents Jungkook so much adored and his lips stretched prettily to reveal the slightly crooked front tooth.

“You’ve done me so well these last days. I could forget about everything bad the last week and I have been able to sleep again as well. I am so thankful for you to have turned up in my life.”

“Jiminie-hyung…”

A phone went off and Jimin flinched a little, ripped out of the small warm bubble of comfort Jungkook had built around him. Jungkook sighed and grabbed in his jeans pocket to fish his phone out.

“Yes mom?”

“I’m sorry, I’m over at a friend’s.”

“Sorry momma, I’ll come back tomorrow, I’ll stay with him today.”

“Yes yes I’ve done my homework.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye mom!” Jungkook hung up and grinned at Jimin.

“Guess who’s staying over at yours today.” He grinned happily and Jimin couldn’t suppress the happy smile that stretched over his lips and he hugged Jungkook tightly.

“Thank you.” He whispered and Jungkook cooed at him.

 

Finally, they ate the cake Jimin baked just for Jungkook and both were impressed at Jimins baking skills because normally Jimin couldn’t bake anything. Jungkook ate the cake happily and Jimin watched him proudly.

 

Jimin invited the younger to sleep with him on the same bed for the night and Jungkook hesitated shortly, uncertain if he should invade this private space already.

“I’m fine with it, Kookie.” Jimin smiled reassuringly, having read the youngers uncertainty and Jungkook nodded, climbing into bed with Jimin, still keeping his respective space.

“Can you drive me to school tomorrow?” he asked in the darkness and he heard Jimin giggle, the endearing sound tempting him to coo but he suppressed it.

“Of course. Now sleep.” Jimin said and turned over to look at Jungkook lying beside him.

“Okay hyung. Good night.” He whispered and smiled at Jimin before he grabbed the smallers outstretched hand and encased the tiny chubby fingers inside his own slender and long ones, falling asleep a few seconds later.

 

The next day Jungkook was greeted by an empty bed but the delicious scent of eggs and bacon surrounded him and he eagerly jumped up and into the kitchen to see Jimin cooking breakfast for the two of them.

“Good morning, hyung.” He greeted and Jimin turned around to greet him as well.

“Have you slept well?”

“Very well with my favorite hyung next to me!” Jungkook flattered and Jimin blushed, turning back to cooking.

“Are you feeling better already?” he asked concerned.

“Yeah, I feel a lot better now, thank you, Kookie.” Jimin beamed.

He divided the food on two plates and sat down at the table, putting one of the plates in front of Jungkook.

“Thank you, hyung. It smells delicious!” Jungkook praised and started to eat.

“And tastes even more delicious!” he grinned and Jimin laughed.

“I’m glad you like it then. Now hurry up, child.”

“Hey, I’m not a child!” Jungkook protested.

“Yes you are, you still go to school.” Jimin stated with a grin and Jungkook pouted.

After breakfast, they got dressed and Jimin drove Jungkook to school, waving him good bye not without Jungkook leaving a small peck on his cheek before he disappeared into the mass of students.

 

Two weeks followed with the both of them meeting up daily and sometimes Jimin helping Jungkook with school, the younger sometimes staying for the night. Jungkooks exam turned out to be an A to where they both went out for dinner and celebrated Jungkooks success.

Jimin became a lot better with the younger’s help and soon he was almost over everything. Jungkook praised him often to assure him that he turned better.

And some day, Jungkook finally asked to bring him home to his family, claiming his mother was curious about who he’d always sleep with.

Jimin agreed and quicker than Jimin expected, they were standing in front of the Jeon’s door, Jimin anxious and fidgety until Jungkook grabbed his small hand in his huge palm and rubbed circles with his thumb in the back of Jimins hand.

The door opened to reveal a tiny elderly woman and Jimin saw it must be Jungkooks mother because she owned the same smile as her son, the smile Jimin had come to adore so much the last three weeks.

“You must be Jimin dear! Jungkook talks so much about you! And you are as cute as he said~” she sang and Jimin threw an embarrassed gaze to Jungkook who just grinned at him.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you Mrs. Jeon.” Jimin bowed 90 degrees and smiled at her.

“Oh no need to be so formal here, come in boys!” She said and Jimin followed Jungkook warily.

Jungkook showed him where to take off his jacket and shoes and led him to the kitchen afterwards. Jimin sat next to the younger boy at the table and he felt a little helpless with Jungkook mother running around the table and setting everything up, refusing his help several times.

Soon, Jungkooks father entered and Jimin immediately got up to show his manners and introduce himself to the stern looking man.

“Ah, finally I meet the Jiminie Jungkook always talks about! You seem like a nice boy.” Jungkooks father smiles and nods satisfied and Jimin flushes again, irritated and embarrassed at the way Jungkook must talk about him at home.

While they eat it is silent at first, Junghyun having arrived late from his date with his girlfriend.

Mr. Jeon breaks the silence after a few minutes.

“So, how old are you, Jimin?”

Jimin swallows. He didn’t think about this before. There were actually a few years between him and Jungkook and he was uncertain if the youngers parents would approve of him.

“So?” Jungkooks father pries and Jimin snaps out of his mind.

“I-I’m 21.” He mutters and averts his gaze down to his plate, somehow feeling ashamed.

Silence was around them and Jimin swallowed the lump in his throat, feeling stupid about even thinking that finally he could be happy again, with Jungkook by his side. Tears started b his eyes and he felt piercing gazes on his skin, feeling uncomfortable in his place.

“I didn’t expect that.” Mr. Jeon said after the few awkward moments.

“Dad…” Jungkook said and there was a hint of protectiveness in his voice.

“You know that you are in fact four years older than my son, right?” Jungkooks father paid him no mind.

“I know, sir.” Jimin said dryly.

“Dad, he didn’t do anything wrong, I approached him first!” Jungkook tried again.

“Stop it. I want to make things clear. I expect of you to take care of my son. I don’t want him heartbroken so early by a careless grown up. If you hurt him I’ll hunt you down so that you know. Also, no while Jungkook is still seventeen, you understood?” Mr. Jeon stated.

Jungkooks and Jimin heads flew up, a blush coating both their faces.

“D-Dad, we’re not even going out.” Jungkook fidgeted nervously.

Jimins heart sank. He knew they didn’t but somehow he hoped for them to be a thing already. He cared a lot for the younger and won’t deny if he was asked if he was in love with Jungkook.

A soft coo broke the silence and Jimin looked up to see Jungkooks mother staring at him fondly with a smile.

“Let the children be, honey. They’re young and happy.” She claimed and rubbed her husbands thigh reassuringly.

“I just don’t want Jungkook to be hurt. His first relationship, also with a boy, should be something he can look back to with happiness.” Mr. Jeon said and his wife laughed.

“Jungkook knows what he’s doing.” She said.

“Congrats, hyung.” Junghyun wished and Jimin almost burst in embarrassment, Jungkook almost in the same state.

“I think we’re not hungry anymore, so if you’ll excuse us.” Jungkook said and grabbed Jimins hand to pull him up and with him to his room.

“I’m so so sorry for what my parents did. I told them to behave!” Jungkook excused himself once they were in his room seated on the bed.

Jimin just smiled and shook his head.

“It’s fine, I understand them.”

“So will you take care of me?” Jungkook asked playfully and Jimin flushed deeply, covering his face with his small hands.

“Jiminie-hyung…” Jungkook whispered and pried the smallers hands off his face, slowly leaning closer until they were an inch apart. Jimins warm breath hit his lips and Jungkook gazed in his eyes, Jimins lips parting just a tiny little bit. Somehow Jungkook felt as if Jimin should do the next step and he kept still, staring in the smallers hazel eyes, losing himself in them and Jimin leaned even closer, his eyes falling close before he pressed their lips together, softly and without any hurry.

Jungkook flew on cloud nine. Jimins lips tasted even better than he imagined and he lost himself in their soft connection, slowly starting to push against Jimins lips and Jimin gasped a little, letting Jungkook take the lead easily and invading his space, his tongue swiping over the smallers pillowy lips and slowly they fell in a comfortably slow rhythm of pushing and pulling until they were out of breath and needed to pull apart.

Jimins eyes opened slowly and he stared at Jungkook in a daze before a huge smile spread on his lips.

Jungkooks lips stretched as well and he gathered the smaller in his arms, hugging him close and burying his face in his neck.

“I like you, hyung.” He confessed and Jimin burst. His stomach was warm and tingly and he hugged the taller boy back tightly.

“I like you too, Kookie.” He whispered in the tallers hair.

 

They started going out from that day on but nothing really changed. They met up every day and Jungkook slept at Jimins at least once a week. Sometimes Jimin would sleep at Jungkooks but he felt awfully watched by the boy’s father and his mother would always be around and coo at them being affectionate.

Jimin grew comfortable with Jungkooks family and soon, he was called a son as well, having revealed his story to Jungkooks parents after they pestered them for such a long time about how they met.

Jimin loved his new place in this family and most importantly he loved Jungkook dearly, the boy that rescued him out of the hole he had fallen into.

Once Jungkook turned eighteen, Jimin gifted himself to the birthday child, wrapped in a red bow and Jungkook gladly took his all that he offered and unwrapped him excitedly, the closed door of the bedroom not enough to keep Jimins moans inside that night.

Jungkook graduated high school and moved in with Jimin. Mrs. Jeon gifted them a small kitten to their union and Jimin was more than happy to accept it in his small family.

And most importantly!

Jungkooks beanie has its rightful place on the cupboard next to the door of Jimins apartment and is frequently used by both of them.