Chapter 9

Kyungsoo vs the Homosapiens Agenda

 

When I woke up Sunday morning I realized why people didn’t drink all the time, “I’m never drinking again.” I rubbed my temples to try and stop my head from throbbing so much. Jongdae laughed only to start groaning in pain. Luhan laughed at the both of us and handed us some painkillers and water. We thankfully accepted, and got up to head to the kitchen where Minseok was making a really late breakfast, since it was already two in the afternoon. We all ate and talked, Minseok and Luhan were really nice and offered to hang out whenever, telling me to just give them a call. We all exchanged numbers and then Jongdae and I headed to my house so he could drop me off. Once I got home I waved to my mom and dad and headed upstairs to take a shower. I spent the rest of my day doing homework. I no longer anticipated any exciting emails or waited for a text from Chanyeol to hang out. Everyone was right, Seungsoo, Kris, Jongdae, I didn’t need people in my life if they couldn’t accept me for me.

 

I got to school the next day a little late because I had stayed up all night getting all my work done. I headed straight for my locker to get the books I needed for the first class of the day. I was surprised to find no degrading notes in my locker, instead there was a Pororo doll with a note attached to it. I took off the note attached to the doll and started reading it. “These reminded me of you… I’m sorry Kyungsoo I’m just not as brave as you.” When I looked in my locker I found a copy of “That Winter the Wind Blows”, my favorite drama, leaving no question behind who gave me this gift. There was also a note on the dvd, “For Oh Soo, Jo In Sung’s character, your favorite actor. I wish I could watch it with you.” My blood started to boil, he wasn’t brave enough, he wished he could watch it with me. It was all bull, I should’ve thrown both of them straight into the trash, but I didn’t. The bell rang so I hurriedly stuffed the gifts into my bag and then rushed towards class.

 

For the rest of Monday all I could think about was Michael, the same happened on Tuesday, and he was still on my mind come Wednesday. I looked down at the address Luhan had texted me and the building in front of me. I decided I needed to get Michael off of my mind and took Luhan up on his offer to go to the LGBTQ teen group session. But as I stared at the building in front of me I started to have second thoughts on whether this was a good idea or not. When I looked at the entrance I saw a cute guy smile at me before he walked in, maybe everything would be okay. I took a deep breath and walked into the building towards the room that was emitting the most sound. As I opened the door I was greeted by what looked like any other small get together, as teens talked and laughed as well as music subtly played in the background. I walked in awkwardly looking around the room. Everyone was talking to each other like old friends, I felt so out of place.

 

“Kyungsoo you actually came!” Luhan exclaimed excitedly walking up to me. I smiled and nodded at him awkwardly. He grabbed me and started introducing me to everyone, and I started to relax as I started to actually talk to people. Everyone was so nice and easily made me feel included. I was talking to Seulgi and Sooyoung, also known as Joy, a really nice couple that attended a nearby school, when someone burst in through the doors slightly panting.

 

“Sorry for being late everyone,” I heard a familiar voice yell once they finally caught their breath.

 

Before I could turn around to see who had entered, Joy grabbed my hand and dragged ,me towards them to introduce me, “He does that all the time. Well anyway this is.”

 

“Kyungsoo!?” Baekhyun exclaimed in confusion as I exclaimed “Baekhyun!?” at the same time when we looked up at each other.

 

Seulgi and Joy looked at the both of us awkwardly and slowly left Baekhyun and I to talk sensing the fact that neither of us expected to see each other here. I awkwardly picked at my nails not knowing what to say. Baekhyun is gay, or at least not straight. I don’t think anyone knows, did Chanyeol know, I scoffed to myself probably not or he’d abandon Baekhyun like he did to me.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun said I looked up from my hands to see him nervously biting his lip. “Look, I never told anyone because my family is really religious and I’ve always been scared. The center is kinda far from where we live so I didn’t really expect to see someone from school. You probably hate me, I’m sorry I didn’t stand up for you more, I know people have been picking on you at school.”

 

“Baek, don’t worry, seriously just,” I cut him off before he could continue. “Baekhyun, I don’t hate you, and you were there for me by continuing to treat me the same and even giving me a smile in the hallway. You’ve been one of the nicest person to me since I’ve been outed.” I gave him a smile to reassure him that I genuinely wasn’t mad at him in anyway. “And I know what it’s like to be forcefully outed, I swear I won’t tell anyone no matter what.” Baekhyun looked like he was about to cry so I panicked and gave him a hug. He started to laugh as a few tears also came out too.

 

“Thank you so much Kyungsoo,” we smiled each other and finally got up to join everyone else again.

 

“So are you gay?” I asked awkwardly hoping not to say anything stupid.

 

“Panual actually,” he answered.

 

“That’s cool,” after the initial shock and awkwardness started to disappear Baekhyun and I started to talk more. I actually found out Baekhyun had a dog named Mongryong, he showed me a few photos of him and he was one of the cutest dogs ever. We also talked about the upcoming musical and how Baekhyun had a few suggestions for the music. I had a lot of fun, Baek was really nice and I was kinda sad I didn’t hang out with him more before. I checked the time on his phone to see that it was already getting late. Baekhyun offered to give me a ride home since he had borrowed his older brother’s car.

 

We sat in the car, soft music playing in the background. I kept thinking back to Baekhyun and I’s conversation earlier. Baekhyun had a dog, he had a serious passion for singing and music, and we were currently driving in his older brother’s car. I know tonight was supposed to get me to stop thinking about Michael but there was a chance. Baekhyun could be Michael. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I realized we were in front of my house.

 

“Thank you so much Kyungsoo it really means a lot to me that you aren’t going to tell anyone about me.”

 

I turned to Baekhyun who was smiling at me. Baekhyun who could be Michael, a million thoughts were going through my head, my heart pounding fast. Could Baekhyun actually be Michael, I mean he did fit the small criteria that I have on Michael? Baekhyun who has always been nice to me, who never let the fact that I was gay change how he acted around me, who has always silently been by my side and giving me small smiles of encouragement. Baekhyun with the blinding smile that could make anyone’s stomach do flips. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself down and looked Baekhyun in the eye. I slowly leaned over towards Baekhyun, and when Baekhyun didn’t seem to pull away and instead started to lean towards me too I finally closed the small distance between us. Baekhyun kissed exactly like I thought he would, soft and light and I could feel him smiling throughout the whole thing.

 

The kiss was nice, really nice, but it just didn’t feel right for some reason. I don’t know how but I just knew that Baekhyun wasn’t Michael. I pulled away from Baekhyun and gave him a genuinely happy smile, something that hadn’t been coming naturally to me recently. Maybe it was okay that Baekhyun wasn’t Michael, but deep down I know I’m still in love with Michael and Baekhyun didn’t deserve to be used just so I could get over him. “Sorry Baekhyun, I don’t know why I did that.” I said starting to get red in the face.

 

Baekhyun just laughed and told me not to worry. “You love someone don’t you.” My face somehow started to turn even more red after that and I started to play with my hands out of nervousness, I was scared he’d asked about Michael. “Don’t worry you don’t have to tell me who it is. But if you ever change your mind I’m here,” he said with a wink. “And this now means we are best friends got it! You should sit with jongin and sehun and I tomorrow at lunch they’re cool I swear not like Chanyeol, ugh that .” I laughed a little and gave Baekhyun a hug.

 

“Thank you so much, for not making me change,” I said so low it was almost a whisper. Baekhyun just responded with a small squeeze before he let me go and I walked into my house, a smile on my face.

 


Have you guys figured out who Michael is yet. Make sure to leave comments or talk to me on curiouscat about how you like the story so far or any theories you have on who Michael is I've left a few hints so far.