Darkness

Test Subject

The darkness was all I saw that night as I went to bed and the last thing I saw for hours. 

I remember waking up, in darkness around me, the place felt  unfamiliar to me. The darkness felt it surrounded me and I heard mumbles from around. I couldn’t make out the voice as they were faint but deep. 

I started to move around and a persons voice lighted up all of a sudden and I felt a sharp pain in my arm as I felt myself passing out to pitch darkness again...

 

 

 

I felt a light over my eyes , my face warmed by it. I opened my struggling eyes and panicked at my surroundings. I was in a neat room , nothing I’d ever seen before , very ...advanced?

 

I sat up confused and peered outside the window. It was a place I’ve never seen in my life with big extravagant buildings , business people walking and many flowers flowing in the air. 

I rubbed my eyes as if it was a dream but it didn’t change or disperse into the air. 

What is this?!

I felt a slight pain in my arm and I grabbed it to exam it. 

A tiny hole was there as if a needle was placed and I winced at touching it. 

 

“What the hell!” I say slightly loud at the pain.

Suddenly I look through the door that made a click noise as it slide open magically and a person stepped inside. The door closed behind them and clicked back.

”Awh , you’re awake now I’m sure you’re confused but let me explain, you’re here because well ...we need you” She says with a clipboard in her hand. 

I rubbed my arm as she sat down next to me. 

“Need me? Where even am I?” I ask suspiciously .

”I’m sure you’re confused but listen , we’re not here to harm you but to open you to your full potential” She says smiling , her teeth whiter than copy paper.

”What?” I say confused.

”You’re in Lenapo, a different planet from earth” She explains.

”a what?! What do you mean I’m not on earth??” I say shocked.

”Yes this is a different planet , very small but diverse and yes were humans here from earth some born here and raised ...” She says laughing.

 

”We specialize in making protectors of our city , everyone has a purpose “ She continued.

 

”but where and how did you find me? Why did you bring me here ?!” I practically yell in frustration.

”calm down, you dont need to be stressed, you will learn in the right time , for now please rest and this will explain” She says handing me a book before walking off exiting my room. 

The book read “Lenapo Cor.” 

I touched the cold pages of the book and opened it to see many pages of rules and stipulations it seemed.

 

”Welcome to Lenapo! The future of all. You are reading and receiving this because you’re chosen to participate in our studies of improving our world. Here you will be treated with ultimate respect as long as it’s mutual. You might be asking why and how you’re here. Easy!~ We select 5 new participants every 6 months and hold a test to see which is qualified , if you’re not , you’ll be sent back to your home no worries! If you are , congrats you’re one of us! Please read the rules of this pamplet and the testing area to know more and we hope you enjoy Lenapo!”

I shake my head in disbelief . 

 

I turned the page to the Test area.

and it read : “Here at Lenapo we do many test to see how qualified you are , in mental, physical and emotional. If you are right for us you’ll begin working right away and don’t be scared ! We’re highly trained people who have done this for over 200 years! This is a government ran operation, people from all over earth is chosen. 

Now, let’s begin. Upon arriving you’ll be tested 3 days after your arrival so we can suit you the best we can, then you will be escorted to the testing room which takes about 1 hour to complete , after that you can do what you please and we will return results within 48 hours. 

The rest will be figured out it you qualify .” 

 

 

“This is such...such...bull!” I say slamming the book. 

I stand up and pace around the room that isn’t even mine. The walls were a light purple , the bed big with white sheets, and the carpet was white as snow.

There was a bookshelf , a computer and a smart watch.

I walked over to the desk to see a note near the watch. 

“Dear Nicole , please put this watch on to best assist you in Lenapo headquarters “ 

I crumbled the note and slipped on the black watch. 

I touched the screen and many things popped up.

Theres a navigation system , a help button , you can even order food from this?! What the heck!

”Welcome to Lenapo! I’m your smart assistant who will help you settle in! Please ask any questions !” The watch suddenly speaks making me jump. 

I pick up the book and turn to the rules page. 

 

“Here in Lenapo we have many rules that are simple so please refrain from ignorance and doing them. 

312- never fight another team member or staff or Lenapo associative 

313- never allow another associative to sleep in your personal room for it is considering skipping

314- You May only have 1 person in your room and only from 6am-7pm, they will be escorted out.

315- No dating is allowed as it will interfere with work, we run business not a date management. 

316- never abandon team members .

317- never leave your room after 12am

318- Be honest 

 

 

The rules went on and on , I closed the book and sighed.

Is this really happening to me? I’m on another planet kidnapped by people I don’t even know! 

I sigh as I fell back on the bed, I stared at the ceiling in wonder. 

What is this?