001 || Round 2

Pringles [Sequel to Potato]

 

10th February.

 

It was Seulgi’s birthday.

 

The holy day she was born.

 

The day god bless us with this angel.

 

And on that day, Seulgi received a lot of presents, from family, Red Velvet and all her lovely fans.

 

And guess what?

 

The potato is back.

 

Pringles could be found everywhere in the dancer’s room.

 

Heck, Wendy even baked a cake filled with Pringles for the girl.

 

"Oh gosh I love it!" Seulgi exclaimed as she plunged into her bed filled with cans of the potato chips.

 

"More than me?" Joy smirked as she entered the room.

 

The younger hadn’t had the chance to wish her unnie a happy birthday yet.

 

"Unnie... Happy birthday." Joy smiled brighty.

 

The other girl jumped out of bed and hugged Joy, obviously being extremely glad.

 

"My gift?" Seulgi cutely stretched her hand out.

 

Joy just laughed at the older’s childishness.

 

"Am I not a gift?"

 

"But..." Seulgi whined and pouted.

 

"Get a room, hoes!" Yeri shouted as she went past Seulgi and Joy.

 

"We are in a room already!" Joy snorted.

 

Yeri just had to destroy their moment.

 

Angered, Joy stomped towards the door to close it shut and lock it.

 

"Hey! That’s my room!" Wendy’s loud but muffled voice could be heard from the outside. "This is why I dislike having Seulgi as my roommate..."

 

"Wan-ah, it’s fine! You can share a room with me." Irene’s smirk could be imagined. "I’ll make it your birthday everyday..."

 

"Eww." Seulgi cringed.

 

Joy scanned through the stack of Pringles on Seulgi’s bed and found something that piqued her interest.

 

It’s a red can.

 

In bold, written was, ‘The RED Flavour’.

 

A new flavour, Joy thought.

 

Being a loyal gourmet, Joy must get her hands on that.

 

But the question was, how?

 

Joy pondered for a moment before a light bulb appeared.

 

"Unnie, here’s your gift."

 

Joy gave Seulgi a kiss on her lips. One that would melt the bear onto the floor, into a puddle. And indeed, Seulgi’s legs became a little wobbly.

 

Taking opportunity that the older was still stunned and immobile, Joy crashed on her bed and grabbed the red can.

 

It smells like... strawberry?

 

What’s this? Is Pringles heading towards a supermarket?

 

But for sure, Joy’s curiosity doesn’t stop there.

 

She took a chip into and munched.

 

Wow. It actually melts like strawberries, the taste of honey-like sweetness exploded within , filling it completely.

 

One after another, Joy couldn’t stop eating the goodness.

 

"Yah! Park Sooyoung!" Seulgi yelled when she finally snapped out of her dazed state.

 

But it was already too late.

 

Joy had gobbled it all. It was already crushed and churning in the younger’s stomach.

 

"But unnie." Joy acted coyly. "We agreed that what’s yours was mine!"

 

She was right. They did establish that fact when they first started going out.

 

"T-That’s... It’s right but we’re talking about Pringles here! My life!" Seulgi screeched. 

 

"So now you value Pringles over me?" Joy scoffed.

 

The younger, having matured at the age of 21, knew that she was overstepping her boundaries. But hearing that for her girlfriend, slices of potato mattered more than herself, was very hurtful.

 

"Joy. You know that’s not what I meant."

 

"Then why are you getting angry over this?" 

 

Joy felt her insides boil, and her tone gets sharper and louder.

 

She was bewildered that they were actually fighting over Pringles. 

 

Over some ing potato.

 

Just like how her unnies, Wendy and Irene did.

 

But it wasn’t that much of a fight as compared to theirs.

 

"I’m not angry that you ate my Pringles." Seulgi started. "Actually, I am but it’s because it was the new limited edition one. I had it imported and saved it up! You could have taken any other but not that! And I was planning to share it with you over a movie! But there you go, being as selfish as ever, emptied the whole ing can!"

 

Seulgi huffed and left the room, slamming the door.

 

.

 

Joy was in real trouble now.

 

No amount of kisses would be able to get her forgiveness.

 

Eating the potato solved the problem for Wendy and Irene.

 

And eating the potato caused problems for Seulgi and Joy.

 

Joy really didn’t know what to do. She was at a lost.

 

Her unnie, her girlfriend, had actually thought of her. But there she went, just gobbling all up, not leaving a single speck for her.

 

"Seulgi!" The tall girl rushed out of the room.

 

But Seulgi was gone. 

 

She was no longer in the apartment.

 

"Unnie? Did you guys fight?" Yeri spoke. "She stormed out of the dorm awhile ago. I think she went to karaoke?"

 

Karaoke. The time where Seulgi disliked, scratch that, hated people to tag along.

 

Now Joy could only wait for her return, if she does want to anger her even more.

 

Wait.

 

Other than Pringles, the older girl had actually loved teddy bears too. The huge-assed ones.

 

What time was it now?

 

It’s not too late... to apologise?

 

(Sorry that was... lame.)

 

But Joy definitely hoped it wasn’t too late to rush to the nearby toy shop and get the big brown bear (the one that was even taller than herself).

 

Seulgi had always mentioned how much she had wanted it everytime they had walked by.

 

Joy, in a hurry, rushed to the store without a disguise. But lucky for her, it was quite late so no one was around.

 

Purchasing the bear, which cost her her salary this month, she signed a quick one for the shop owner to get a discount, before hailing a cab to the dorm.

 

It was an extremely short trip, but Joy needed transport to carry the bear back.

 

She sat it in front of the door and sat behind it, awaiting for her girlfriend’s return.

 

Click.

 

The door sounded.

 

"!" Seulgi jumped at the unknown brown thing that obstructed the entrance to her room.

 

"Ddooyoungie is really sorry... Would Ddeulgi forgive her?" Joy said in a sickening high pitch.

 

"Did... Did you buy this? For me?"

 

The older felt all her pent up anger and frustration disperse as she noted the sweet yet expensive gesture by her girlfriend.

 

"Y-Yes... Do you not like it?" 

 

"Sooyoung-ah... I’m... I’m sorry for yelling at you." Seulgi looked down. "It’s just... I was really excited about it but yet you ruined it in a few minutes. Anger got the better of me."

 

"Slowgi my dear, it’s my fault. I shouldn’t be so selfish. I’m really sorry."

 

Seulgi pushed the gigantic bear aside and pulled Joy into a hug.

 

"But unnie?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I haven’t seen you in your birthday suit..."

 

Without a second word, Seulgi shut the door.

 

"Saeron? Could I sleep over tonight?" Yeri called her friend. " I won’t be able to sleep a wink tonight."

 

"All of them? All four?"

 

"Yes. Two by two, not a foursome."

 

"Okay then." A laugh was heard before the line cut.

 


 

I apologise! Please don’t throw potatoes at me... Let me live.

 

I’m really sorry I posted this late... but Seulgi, I hoped you’ve enjoyed your birthday!