Chapter 11

Security Team (Irene/You)

I

 

 

Y/N POV

…Irene’s face. No one said anything. We just stared into each other’s eyes for a few seconds. Slowly my eyes started to travel from her eyes, to her nose and then stopped at her lips. I won’t lie. They looked very kissable in that moment. I my lips and heard her breath hitch. It made me look at her eyes again and I saw them locked on my lips. I my lips again. Testing the waters. Her eyes darkened at that and I slowly leaned in, eyes still fixed on hers. I was less than half an inch away from her lips, when she quickly pulled away and coughed lightly. Avoiding my eyes at any costs.

“I just…wanted to see if I could help with anything...” She stated while looking at the floor. I may have seen a light blush on her cheeks, but it just could’ve been my imagination.

“…erm…no…I’m good…thank you, though...” I said a bit disappointed and awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. We stood in an awkward silence after that.

“…I think I should get going...” I turned around to grab my jacket and leave when I felt her hand on my wrist. I turned back towards her with confusion in my eyes. Though she still avoided eye contact.

“I…I…It’s not- It’s not that I don’t want to kiss you. It’s just- My career could go down the drain if someone were to find out and my career means everything to me, so I- I just…can’t…” she told me truthfully, breaking my heart a little in the process.

“…I understand…” sadness laced my voice, which she probably noticed as her head shot up and her eyes finally locked with mine again. Her eyes showed confusion, worry and regret.

“I-Y/N-“ she started but I cut her off.

“No. Don’t. It’s fine, really.” I told her and slowly pulled my hand back to me. I turned to leave again.

“No-I-“ she tried to stop me, but I just shook my head.

“No. Really. It’s fine.” I said again and without looking back, I walked out the room and down the stairs towards the others. I arrived to all of the others sitting or standing nervously and on edge in the living room. Just as I walked through the door though, my wrist was grabbed again. I turned around to see Irene, yet again.

“Please just let me talk.” She insisted.

“I don’t think there is anything left to talk about.” I, again said in a sadness laced voice. She looked crushed at my statement, but let it go. I turned back to the others who looked very confused at us. I just shook my head indicating to not ask questions. They luckily didn’t.

A small moment went by, before Hae Won started angrily rambling at how dangerous and stupid my plan is and that I should just go bungee-jump off the nearest bridge without a rope, because that would be the wiser choice. I sighed in the middle of her rambling and covered my face exhaustingly.

“-there are a lot of different things that could go wrong-“

“Hae Won.” I tried to stop her rambling, though without success.

“-I mean like a lot of thing-“

“Hae Won.” I tried again.

“-and you could-“

“WONNIE!” she jumped at that, but luckily stopped.

“Yes, I know that this plan isn’t perfect and a lot could go wrong, like me being killed, but I’m not going to risk any of your lives.” I announced to her and to everyone inside the room.

“So, please, just do as I asked. Okay?” she nodded emotionlessly and quickly left the room. I sighed and looked at Dong Min. He nodded and went after her. I rubbed my temples and sighed again.

“God, I’m sighing a lot today. It’s giving me a headache.” I grumbled and went to get painkillers and a glass of water from the kitchen. I searched through the cabinets, cursing under my breath when I find nothing and leaned over the sink. A second passed before I heard someone clear their throat. I turned to find Myung Dae grinning at me with a pack of painkillers in his hand. I chuckled, grabbed a glass of water and went to get them. He gave me one and I chugged it down.

“You know, we’re just really worried. Especially Hae Won. You two are the closest among us four.” He explained.

“Yeah, I know. I just don’t want you guys in more danger than you already are because of me.” I told him. He nodded.

“I understand. Just…just be careful, okay? We love you too much to see you hurt.” He sadly said. I nodded and hugged him tightly.

“I will. Nothing is going to happen.” I assured him. We let go and walked back to the others. I saw that Hae Won and Dong Min came back in the meantime. Hae Won still looking pissed off though.

“I’ll be going then.” I told them and went to leave. Though Hae Won stopped me, by tackling me with a hug.

“Be careful.” She told me and let go after I told her I’d be. Dong Min was next and after him Sunny. The rest hugged me too, some alone, others as a group. Irene was the last one. She hesitated for a second but then hugged me as tightly as Hae Won did earlier.

“Can we talk once you're back, please?” she whispered into my ear pleadingly.

“…okay.” I told her and we let go.

I gave them one last smile and then I was out the door. I got into my car and drove to the location.

Once there, I got out and saw that the hostages were already with the special troupe team.

“How did that happen?” I asked the captain of the team.

“We actually don’t really know. They were already out here when we arrived.” He told me. I nodded and walked towards one of the hostages/my friends. IKONs Bobby.

“Bobby!” I called out. He turned to me and smiled.

“Y/N!” we quickly hugged and let go again.

“What happened? How did you guys get out?” I asked.

“Well, we were let go. I don’t really know why. All I heard was that their boss got what he wanted and didn’t need us anymore. They’re still inside, I think.” He explained I thanked him and went back to the captain.

“I’m going in. You guys wait here.” I said and quickly went inside the building. I pulled my gun out and walked down the corridor. It led me to a large room. I walked to the middle of the room and looked around. Nothing was there. I lowered my gun and the next thing I knew, everything went black.

Bobby’s POV

A few minutes passed after Y/N walked into the building. We stood there, watching the entrance intently, when suddenly the whole building exploded. All of us where thrown to the floor. Once I regained my senses I screamed.

“YYYYY/NNNNN!”

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As if xD

To be continued...

 

 

A/N sorry again for the delayed updates. I’m really trying…

Belated merry Christmas and a happy new year!