001

hell's angel

001

 

“Grandma, do you need anything to be taken care of?” Yoongi asks as soon as the door opens.

“I don’t need anything, Yoongi. When will you stop knocking on my door asking for some errands to do?” The grandmother raises her voice and shut her door close to Yoongi’s face. The young man just nodded slowly, realizing that another person just shut a door on his face and refused to take his offer.

Aren’t evil people like that? Taking as much as they can? Why are they refusing my help? Maybe she went here because of having too much pride, Yoongi thinks. He shrugged off what has just happened and set his thoughts aside. He continued walking on the street, looking around for anyone who may need his help.

It has already been a year and half since he has arrived in hell. To say, he’s pretty much already used to it. It’s another world which is 10 times crueller than earth. People here mind their own business. When one commits a crime, it isn’t something unusual. It doesn’t even go on newspapers’ headlines. Yoongi sure had never been on a broadsheet headline before when he was still alive but now, he’s the talk of the town. Everyone knows Min Yoongi. Every morning, when newspapers are being thrown into people’s yards, when their radio blasts in the morning or their TV lights up the entire house on a dark morning, Min Yoongi is the name you’d hear and the face you’ll see first thing in the morning. Why? He’s considered a ‘criminal’ if not an ‘unorthodox’ in hell. Doing good deeds is something that you should not do. Not that there’s a law existing that they shouldn’t but it’s a norm. You’d be branded as abnormal when you do good things in hell.

A man skidded just beside Yoongi, catching his breath while he clutches onto his chest. Yoongi looks down to see Lucifer—Jung Hoseok—on the floor. Unlike to others, he didn’t offer him a hand and continued on walking as if Hoseok didn’t fall onto his knees on the ground right in front of him. “Are you sure you’re not going to lend your hand to me and help me get up?” Hoseok calls out.

Yoongi stops walking and turns his head to look at Hoseok. “I bet you’re a fast runner. Maybe you were a thief on your past life that’s why you ended up here. Who knows? You have two feet. You can run. Oh, not sure. Only God and St. Peter know, right?” He raises his eyebrow at Hoseok and left.

Dumbfounded, Hoseok sat on the ground instead of getting up and running after Yoongi again. It’s almost as if it’s written on his job description to chase after Yoongi for his whole stay in hell. He tries getting a hold of him since after the first month of his arrival but to no avail. What surprises him the most is that he never gets tired of doing such ‘chore.’ If anything, he’d like to keep on running after Yoongi, watching after him, making sure he never misses his meals, and make sure Yoongi's doing just enough bad deeds a day as well. Today, Hoseok has done his job. He has already welcomed about 30+ new evil citizens, lectured on a large class of How To Stay Evil 666, and helped Yoongi commit a something-you-call-sin-on-earth-but-is-actually-a-norm-here for today. Before getting up, he smiles to himself, contented of what he has done and whispers, “I am just so good for this Lucifer position.”

 

 

After what seemed to be a long and exhausting day Yoongi props himself on his bed and stares at the ceiling with a blank expression. Although he wasn’t able to help much people, being rejected one too many times in less than 24 hours is surely tiring. Oftentimes, he would forget his own self—skipping meals, not taking a bath, not having as much jobs to be rich, and not getting enough sleep. He is very much focused on his one and only goal—to make as much good deeds he needs for God and St. Peter to notice him and reconsider re-assigning him to heaven.

He supposedly wouldn't budge when his phone rings but with its incessant ringing and his now-irritable self, he can’t handle its loudness anymore. Without reading the caller’s ID, he takes the phone to his ear and answers, “Hello?”

“Eat your meal and your vitamins, bye!” The person on the other line hurriedly reminds. Yoongi finds it bizarre that someone calls him just to remind him that. Aren’t bad people should just stay doing bad deeds and not be like this, constantly reminding me to take care of myself? Perhaps he’s another person who tries to do good deeds to be re-assigned, he thinks. The same person calls him every day to remind him of self-care and self-love. And honestly, Yoongi doesn’t mind. He likes to think that there’s at least someone like him who does good and hopes to leave this place as soon as possible.

With the reminder on his mind, he gets off his bed and goes to the kitchen to do just what the caller told him.