Bloodied

Packless

The smell of fresh blood wafted throughout the house, catching the attention of Taekwoon, who was in the study room and Hakyeon, who was in the kitchen. It took then almost no time to locate the origin of the smell and soon enough, they're throwing open the door to the recently occupied room, revealing a bloodied Sanghyuk and Hongbin, both on the floor. 

"Didnt I tell you to keep your mess out of the house? "Taekwoon asks as he looks down at Sanghyuk with an unamused expression on his face in which Sanghyuk responds by grinning cheekily. 

"Get up and clean this. "Taekwoon demands, clearly not caring that the person he's ordering is currently sporting a huge wound on both of his legs that are still bleeding profusely. 

Sanghyuk whines but he did as he was told. Legs still bleeding, he slowly gets up, limping only a little before standing completely straight, unaffected by his wounds. "Tell him to clean it himself. He's the one who's going to stay here anyway. "He says idly, giving Hongbin a side glance before promptly walking out of the room, leaving a trail of fresh blood behind him. 

Taekwoon goes after him, grumbling quietly as he did so, which leaves Hakyeon alone with Hongbin, who's still sprawled on the floor. 

"Can you get up on the bed? I'll treat that for you. "Hakyeon says, holding out a hand to help Hongbin stand up in which the beta accepts thankfully. 

"Aren't you going to ask what happened? "Hongbin couldn't hide his curiosity as Hakyeon cleaned his wound. The way Hakyeon reacts to the situation; completely unaffected by the gaping wounds and blood, makes Hongbin thinks that perhaps, this is a daily occurrence in the household that it doesn't surprise the omega anymore.

"Sanghyuk fought you. That's all what happened, right? "Hakyeon sighs but his hand  stayed steady as he stitched Hongbin's wound up." You're lucky his dagger wasn't laced with poison or else you'll have no chance. "He comments and automatically, Hongbin turn to look at the discarded dagger on the floor. 

"Why would he do that? Lace his dagger with poison, I mean. "Hongbin found himself suddenly curious. 

"So that his victims will die a terrible death. Bleeding and on fire because of the poison. That'll torture them. "Hakyeon says with a stoic face and it really unnerves Hongbin. It's not right, he thinks, for someone as gentle and as warm as Hakyeon to be faced with such gory thing.

"Why--"

"Jaehwan must've told you about who we really are, didn't he? "Hakyeon asks,his voice too cold. Actually, his voice has been that cold since Taekwoon agreed to take Hongbin in and Hongbin is pretty sure that it means Hakyeon disagree with him joining the pack. 

Hongbin nods. Once. 

"Would you please change your mind and leave our pack? For your own sake? "Hakyeon pleads and immediately, Hongbin scowl. 

"No. "He refuses flatly. 

"Hongbin, you don't know what you're getting yourself into. "Hakyeon states. "I invited you to our home because I hate seeing people being alone. I know what it felt like, I know what it's like to feel lonely and I don't want you to feel the same. But I never wanted you to join our pack because you'll never know what you're getting yourself into. We have prices for our head,Hongbin. "He tells him but Hongbin just rolls his eyes. 

"I don't care. I wanted a pack and now I have one. That's all what matters to me. "

Hakyeon stares at him then he sigh before quickly finishing his job. "You'll regret this. "He murmurs before finally standing up and leaving the room. 

Hongbin watches as he leave, knowing that yes, he may regret joining the pack for the danger he's getting himself into but it's worth it if he gets to avenge for his parents death. 

 

 

After the bloody fight, Sanghyuk seems to have deem Hongbin as a worthy opponent and more often than not, he found himself being attacked at random times of the day. At first he feared his life since one simple negligence could mean death but after a few more fight, he realises that Sanghyuk has no intention of killing him anymore considering they often let each other go with just some bruises and minor cuts, nothing too big that Hakyeon couldn't fix. 

So that day, when Sanghyuk returns home with a scowl on his face, Hongbin has thought that he wanted to initiate another fight but before he could actually get into his fighting stance, the alpha suddenly plops on his on the floor, the colour draining from his face, making Hongbin flustered. 

"What? You're admitting defeat to me? "He demands and Sanghyuk raises his head to look at him, his face deathly pale but as he open his mouth to speak, he starts to cough blood instead. 

"What--"

"Get... Jaehwan. "Sanghyuk chokes out as he slowly s the leather jacket he's wearing to reveal a knife stuck in his stomach and Hongbin's eyes widen at that. 

"I'll get Hakyeon! "Hongbin says,he doesn't know why he's panicking or feeling scared for Sanghyuk but he is and he was about to scramble to get Hakyeon from where he knows the omega would be at that time but Sanghyuk stops him. 

"Not Hakyeon. You'll... scare him. "

"But Jaehwan isn't home! And I don't know how to contact him! "Hongbin found himself yelling at the injured alpha and Sanghyuk blinks at him before pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Speed dial... number three. "He blurts out along with some blood and Hongbin quickly fumbles with the phone,cursing for Jaehwan to pick the call up. 

'Sanghyuk, I'm dealing with my patient right now. You better be dying if you--'Jaehwan sounds extremely unamused but before he could actually finish his words, Hongbin beat him to it. 

'Jaehwan! Sanghyuk's hurt! Badly! 'He yells into the phone and Jaehwan I quiet for a while  before he speaks again, more serious this time. 

'How bad is it, Hongbin? '

Hongbin swallows, his eyes trailing towards Sanghyuk to asscess his condition and he found Sanghyuk still staring at him through half lidded eyes, looking barely conscious. 

"I... stabbed. Tell him... that. "Sanghyuk whispers as if knowing Jaehwan's question and Hongbin tells the latter just that. 

'By what? His own knife? 'Jaehwan sounds more urgent this time and Hongbin kneels down to check on the knife still stuck in Sanghyuk's stomach and bites his lips when he realises that yes, it is the alpha's own knife that is stuck in Sanghyuk's stomach; the silver lettering adorning the handle of the knife a contrast against the redness of the blood. 

"Y-yes. It's his own knife. "Hongbin whispers into the phone and Jaehwan curses. 

Hongbin knows exactly why he's cursing though because as soon as he ended the call, Sanghyuk starts convulsing as blood starts bubbling from the inside of his mouth. 

Hongbin stares and only when Taekwoon appears out of nowhere and shoves him away does he notice that Sanghyuk is in fact, dying.