Chapter Ten

Perhaps Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It's already the third month since Jungkook came to Jeju. The class that he's with made him a send-off party by giving him a cake and letters. As Jungkook first landed to Jeju, he didn't expect anything, he just thought that he will go to study five times a week then music classes and practices during weekends but as those days passed by, he realizes that he met different people. One thing for sure that he will remember that the kids in Jeju have been friendly to him. Also, he met the person he treasures the most. 

After the whole day class, Jungkook meet up with Taehyung in the school field. As Jungkook is walking towards to the school field, he already saw Taehyung and as usual, he's been surrounded by everyone. Taehyung also saw Jungkook and waved at him with a smile. Taehyung's friends already knew Jungkook because he's always with Taehyung and he spends lunch breaks with them when Jungkook don't spend time with his classmates. When Taehyung's classmate already dispersed, Jungkook sat next to him and somehow he bumps Taehyung's shoulder

Jungkook: "Hyung, I got worried"

Taehyung: "What is it that you worried about?"

Jungkook: "You always been surrounded by people and I'm afraid someone will confess to you be it a girl or boy" Taehyung cackles and he looks at Jungkook 

Taehyung: "Yah! are you kidding me?! You don't need to worry, you know I only say yes to you." Taehyung smiled at Jungkook and ruffles his hair and Jungkook can't hide his smile that he appreciated Taehyung's response.

Jungkook prepares his stuff to his luggage. Jimin called him last night and said that he wants a souvenir or a gift from Jungkook now that he is coming back to Seoul. Taehyung also helps Jungkook to organize his stuff. They went to the store together and buy some stuff that Jungkook can bring home. During the days they've been together, both of them didn't talk about their separation; there are urges to talk about it but seem both are afraid to know the answer.

Taehyung plans a day off with Jungkook and his friends. They decided to go have fun. They went to an amusement park. Jungkook likes the thrill that the amusement park rides give but not for Taehyung, he'd rather watch Jungkook enjoy it but since Jungkook is a persistent bright kid, Taehyung somehow agreed to try the rides. With Taehyung's friends, the night seems fun and just them laughing and smiling. 

After they went to the amusement park, they went to eat dinner. Jungkook and Taehyung with his friends are sharing stories and jokes and everyone seems to have fun and laughing. Taehyung's friend also found out that Taehyung and Hyung Sik already talked with each other and somehow had a closure.

Friend #1: "That's good news right?!"

Taehyung: "Yeah...."

Friend #2: "I can't believe he did that but he is somehow redeeming himself." 

Taehyung also shared to them that he will go to abroad for a study program and it might take years for him to go back. Everyone got quiet and Jungkook keeps on looking at Taehyung. Taehyung wants to reassure his friends that he is okay and he will try to reach his dreams.

Taehyung: "Hey! don't you all be upset...I decided to accept it not because of Hyungsik but because I want to prove myself that I can do it too. Since I don't have a clear goal yet, I thought why not this be my goal instead...."

Taehyung's friends somehow understand him. Jungkook looked at Taehyung sincerely and he reached Taehyung's hand under the table. Taehyung got surprised and he looked at Jungkook. Jungkook looked at Taehyung and he nods off, he's telling to Taehyung that it's okay.

While they are walking, there's a small event in the park, and it's a music event and anyone can join. Taehyung talked to his friends that they need to bring Jungkook on stage and sing. One of Taehyung's friend signed Jungkook's name to the live performers and Jungkook got surprised with the sudden decision. 

Jungkook: "Why?! I'm not prepared"

Taehyung: "Hey, this is just once so do it plus who knows you might win something, just have fun!"

As they wait for Jungkook's name to be called, Taehyung decided to buy some snacks to the near stall. The announcer called Jungkook's number which is seven. Jungkook doesn't know what to do and somehow he felt timid and embarrassed since he is not prepared. 

Since Jungkook is a walk in performer, there's a karaoke set to back him up for his music, Jungkook already decided what song to sing. Taehyung who wants to get hurry and go back. Jungkook walked up on stage, took a deep breath as he positions himself in the center. Though Jungkook is a bit shy at first; Jungkook stood up straight, walk to the front and hold the microphone as he waits for the music to cue in. The video is finally on and the song that Jungkook chose, is a song called Only Then by Roy Kim. Jungkook closes his eyes as he waits for the song to begin. As the song cues in, he opens his eyes and opens his mouth as he sings to the words.

The song's melody flows as Jungkook sings the words. Jungkook who is singing on stage, his eyes search for Taehyung and he is there at the back holding the snack Taehyung smiles as he looked at Jungkook. Jungkook who is singing passionately to the song gazed into the door and saw Taehyung. As he sings t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter