fin.

Bad Day

It was a bad day. A very bad day. It was that kind of day when everything—everything seemed to go against you no matter what you do. Since the moment he woke up, Jaebum knew it was going to be a bad day. He just did. Maybe it’s because he fell asleep without resolving his fight with her first, but he didn’t feel good at all and his feeling proved to be correct when he got up from his bed only to see his cat clawing his favorite shirt. Not something he wished to be correct at. He kept his calm, though, he kept on reminding himself that a shirt—the shirt could be replaced…somehow. And then when he came out of the bathroom, freshly showered, he bumped onto Yugyeom and his cereal bowl (guess who had to take a shower again?), thankfully, Yugyeom had the audacity to realise that his leader hyung’s mood wasn’t in its best condition and profusely apologizing would get his mood worse (he settled for a straight “I’m sorry, hyung. I’ll be more careful next time”, bowed, and went into Mark’s room for some reason), after that he got into the car to go to their practice only to realise his phone’s battery died and against all odds everyone just had to be using their portable charger and the charger in their car was yet to be fixed (this was the exact point when Jaebum realized this day was going to be more than bad).

Jaebum used to get angry real quick but not anymore. It’s more dangerous now, though, he was much more calm but it was like a calm before a storm when he’s at his limit, which was, thank heavens, rare. But when he exploded—he really exploded like there’s no tomorrow. He knew yelling wouldn’t do him any good but it felt like a good idea when their manager cursed because somehow their car’s tire got deflated. One more strike and Jaebum might really yell at literally anyone. s knew him well enough to know he wasn’t to be bothered with ‘are you okay?’ or try calming him down at this kind of situation (Poor Yugyeom got the end of it one time because he told Jaebum to be ‘calm’).

It didn’t stop there, though. After they got into their practice room and start practicing, Jaebum somehow messed up everything. He couldn’t concentrate and he was always out of sync. He felt bad for s and he really did try not to make mistakes regardless of its poor result. He knew he couldn’t mix his personal feelings with his work but this was not under his control. He didn’t even know why he was distracted (Well, maybe he did but that didn’t make his stress go away, did it?). Nobody blamed him, though, they understand everyone could have a bad day from time to time and Jaebum was unfortunate to be having one since the moment he woke up. Well, not exactly nobody because, of course, their dancing trainer scolded him for making too many mistakes and had the nerve to say Jaebum was just lazy. He kept his silence, though, which alerted the other members because after this he could really explode and things would get messy.

So to prove that he’s not lazy Jaebum danced extra hard; he knew he shouldn’t gave in to the trainer’s words but his mind was not in the right place and he actually forgot about his waist that had just started getting better from the previous injury.

It was the last string when he fell down real hard. He screamed. Because it hurt, because the day hated him, because he didn’t feel good enough, because he felt unprofessional and Jaebum was everything but.

They all panicked when they heard a loud ‘thud!’ and next thing they know Jaebum was screaming as he grabbed his waist. Their manager was quick to call the medical team and Jaebum was carried out of the room.

Their manager sighed, “We shouldn’t have pushed through today’s practice. There were many bad omens already since morning and Jaebum was just about to get better,” he pinched the bridge of his nose. “You all know who to call,” he said before leaving the room.

 

*

 

It was almost 11 o’clock and Jennie still hadn’t got out of her room, cuddling with Kuma on her bed as she checked her phone now and then, wondering why was her boyfriend not replying at all. Sure, they had a fight last night and they didn’t make up immediately like they usually did, but Jennie never expected Jaebum to give her the silent treatment like this. Jaebum was not that childish. That was Jennie’s job to be the childish one. So why was he not replying any of her messages since morning? Was he not awake yet? But she definitely saw him in the car through Bambam’s update on snapchat. Was he that mad at her?

“Jennie?” Jisoo poked her head inside her room. “Are you not going to eat at all?” the older one said.

Jennie just shook her head, “Later.”

Jisoo sighed, coming into the room with Dalgom trailing behind her. “Did you get into a fight with Jaebum oppa?”

Jennie shrugged.

“Is it a big fight?”

She shrugged again.

“Are you worried because he’s not replying?”

She nodded.

“Maybe he’s in practice and his phone died?” Jennie knew it was a possibility and a very possible one. But there’s a guilty feeling inside her and that bothered her so much. She had woken up feeling bad and Jaebum not replying to her at all didn’t help.

Jisoo stopped bothering her, though. Jennie was in a quiet mood and that’s what she’s like whenever she felt guilty about something. She was about to leave the girl around to her thoughts when her phone pinged and she frowned when she read the message, “Is your phone even on?” she asked.

Jennie looked at her weirdly and nodded, “I just charged it so I haven’t been checking.”

“Bad timing not to check your phone. Jinyoung just messaged me asking you to come to JYP because Jaebum is in a very very bad mood and he got another injury. Youngjae has been trying to reach you but you’re not answering,” she said.

Jennie had never been so quick to get up and get ready.

 

*

 

“Where’s he?!” Jennie practically screamed when she and Jisoo arrived at GOT7’s practice room. The latter had accompanied her just in case.

“He’s in the infirmary,” one of their managers said. “Come with me, he’s in a very bad mood since morning and we couldn’t have anyone but you to calm him down,” Jennie didn’t say anything and just followed him out of the room.

“So… what happened?” Jisoo asked, looking at Bambam.

“Why are you looking at me like it’s my fault?!” the younger one exclaimed.

“Because it’s usually you who riled him up!”

“I know my limit! I don’t want to die on his hands!” he defended himself.

Jinyoung chuckled, giving her a water bottle, “He’s just having a very bad day. We didn’t think it was that bad so we didn’t call Jennie right away but he’s so close to losing it since this morning. In the end it was manager hyung who told us to just call Jennie to calm him down.”

Jisoo smiled, “Even your manager hyung knew only Jennie could calm him down at times like this, huh?”

 

*

 

Jennie was quiet when she entered the room. Quiet enough for Jaebum not to notice because he was facing the other way and he was too busy groaning at his now bandaged waist.

“I know, I know. You don’t have to scold me again for losing my temper and not thinking straight, hyung,” he said, hearing the door open.

“I didn’t come here to scold you,” his manager said calmly. “Take a rest for the next three days, I will have the boys rest, too. We’ll start the practice after that and you are not going to participate, just watch.”

Jaebum only nodded, not even having the energy to say no. He sighed loudly when he heard the door close again, laying on his back carefully and put his arm above his eyes.

“ this,” he cursed at himself.

“I thought you said you have stopped cursing?” Jennie said, making her presence known.

Jaebum, startled, almost jumped on his bed sitting up before his hand went to his waist again, his injury acting up from the sudden movement. “Oh my gosh! I’m sorry for startling you!” Jennie panicked, trying to help Jaebum.

“I’m sorry, oh God, I’m sorry. Can you lay back again?” Jaebum nodded, his voice stuck in his throat. He didn’t know what to make of Jennie being here. Who called her? Why did someone ask her to come here? How should he act around her? Were they okay now? Were they still in a fight? Should he—

His train of thoughts stopped when Jennie grabbed his hand, her smaller ones cover his big one. She didn’t say anything, though, she just played with his fingers as he scanned her face. She wasn’t even wearing any make up, he guessed she was in a hurry because even her lips were pale in its natural colour. A smile already forming on his face unknowingly as he studied her face even more; God, she’s just so beautiful without even trying.

“Say something,” she whispered, eyes still on their hands.

Jaebum chuckled for the first time that day, his mood already lifting before Jennie did anything, tipping Jennie’s chin up to look at him with his other hand. “Look at me,” he said.

Jennie blinked –Gosh, she’s SO cute, “A little bit late to say that now, isn’t it?”

Jaebum grinned, his grin softening as Jennie locked her gaze at him. “I’m glad you’re here but… why are you here?”

“Your kids called me. Well Youngjae did but I didn’t pick up so Jinyoung oppa called Jisoo unni and… yeah,” she explained clumsily. Jaebum always—always had this effect on Jennie.

The girl suddenly perked up as if remembering something, her hands tightening around his, “They said you were in a bad mood? What happened?”

Jaebum stared at her blankly as if not getting what she just said. He really understood why they called her here, she didn’t even realise her presence alone was enough to calm him down.

“Oppa? Did something happen?” she asked once again.

Jaebum sighed, grabbing her hand this time so her tiny hand was in his. “It’s just… one of those days, you know? Remember when you cried to me for no reason at all?” Jennie smiled embarrassedly, looking at Jaebum’s thumb caressing the back of her hand absentmindedly. “It’s kind of like that. Today has been bad since the moment I woke up and my injury getting worse again was the cherry on top.”

Jaebum started listing off the things that didn’t help his mood at all since morning, his girlfriend hummed every now and then, not really giving comments as the male talked softly. When his thumb suddenly stopped moving, Jennie looked up, confused.

“I think… this day started bad because of last night, though,” he whispered. “That was the first time we fought and went to sleep without making up and it was just another stupid fight but my pride got in the way—”

“I’m sorry,” she cut him. “I was being stubborn and I shouldn’t have tried to push your button knowing you’re exhausted last night.”

He ruffled her hair playfully, knowing Jennie loved it when he did so even though she’d pretend like she hated it. “I was at fault, too. I’m sorry for letting you sleep before apologizing, yeah?”

Caressing his cheek, Jennie got up to sit on the side of his bed, “Go rest, yeah? You’ve had a long day. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

He grinned bashfully at her, “Thanks for being here.”

Jennie could only scrunch her nose cutely when Jaebum kissed the back of her hand.

 

 

[BONUS]

The rest of them were still in the practice room, thankful for Jisoo because she had gotten rid of the heavy atmosphere somehow.

“Sooooo, noona,” Bambam started playfully.

Jisoo eyed him warily, “Don’t try anything funny, kid. One wrong move and I’m gonna have all your dirt from Lisa.”

“Lisa will not betray me!”

“Shall we see?!”

“That’s not how it works! Why should we see whether she’d give you dirts on me or not?!”

“Are you doubting your friendship with Lisa then?!”

“You can’t do that to me!”

“Yeah? And why not?” she challenged.

Bambam gaped, s were all laughing, not offering any kind of help a little bit. “Jinyoung hyung! Control your girlfriend!”

At this, both Jisoo and Jinyoung blushed red and the laughter around them stopped. “What are you saying! I am not his girlfriend!” she said, empty water bottle on her hand ready to hit Bambam.

“Well not yet anyway!” he said before taking off, running around the room as Jisoo tried to hit him with the water bottle.

“Come here you little punk!” she screamed. “Jinyoung you have to help me! You’re going to let him tease you like that?!” Jinyoung just laughed, his adorable wrinkle appeared beside his eyes.

When he caught Bambam as he ran towards his direction, Jinyoung whispered something to Jisoo and she froze before she could even hit Bambam.

You owe me a date for this.