Boy in Luv?

Colors (Crossposted on Wattpad)

Samuel decided to meet up with Jinyoung after his performance since Daehwi was busy anyway and he figured Jinyoung would probably need some encouragement to go along with the plan the three of them had to perform together. While Jinyoung is getting ready, Samuel catches a glimpse of his soulmate mark. "That's interesting. I kinda remember Daehwi having one that fits with that."

"Oh, really? Weird."

While they were preparing, Daehwi was busy as usual, but at least MCing usually took less energy than actually performing on stage and was just as fun if you had a friend with you, which he did. By the time he was done and went backstage to get ready to go on with Jinyoung and Samuel, Jinyoung was already doing some last minute practice. Daehwi wondered why he was so stressed, but he guessed that everyone got stage fright to some degree and had their own ways of working things out, even if it meant practicing right up until the minute they perform.

"Hey, Daehwi I know we have to go on stage in like two minutes but can I see you soulmate thing I saw something and I thought about your tattoo and I gotta see it to make sure I'm right about this." Samuel was entirely too enthusiastic about whatever it was that had made him think of it but Daehwi was honestly too tired and not really listening to what he said to really care so he didn't question it until a weird smile crept onto his face. It probably wasn't that important if he didn't share.

The performance went without a hitch, thankfully. Jinyoung probably wouldn't have been safe for weeks if he'd messed up and it reflected on Daehwi. His fans were usually as sweet as the boy, but God help anyone who did him wrong, even if it was accidental. Then Samuel had to leave.

"My parents are here today and I haven't seen them in ages since all of us have been so busy. I'm gonna go catch up with them. You two go ahead and get food to celebrate without me."

"Well, we could always talk about stuff while we eat. We've never really spoken outside of practice so I don't know much about you except that you seem to do a lot." It's not like Jinyoung was wrong. Daehwi did do a lot. In fact, it was one of the rare times he had a spare few hours to himself.

"Sure, that sounds nice. Whoever gets there last buys dinner!" They raced off to the restaurant.

~~~

"I've always liked music, but recently I've just been really tired and I've kind of forgot why I started liking music and doing this in the first place." Daehwi definitely looked tired. It never really showed unless you looked closely.

"I like music too, but I have stage fright and can't perform well because of it. I can't look at people whenever I sing or dance because I end up messing up really badly."

"You know, maybe we should help each other out. You can help me come out of my shell and I can help you find your inspiration again and help you relax a bit." Jinyoung couldn't believe he'd said something like that. He NEVER does that.

"Sure, that sounds like fun. Let's do that. This should be fun." Daehwi smiled. Outside, Samuel was hiding in the bushes with one of his dads and shaking his head. How could his friends be so smart yet so dumb at the same time. Guess it's true that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.