Chapter 2

Aftermath.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The End.

 

“Kibum-ah…” the voice on the other line sounding soft and low.

“J-j-jinki Hyung..” the rapper felt like cursing himself as his voice sounds coarser than he wanted to be. He was so sure that the leader would caught him crying earlier.

“Kibum-ah…” the other line of the call is none other than the famous shinee leader, Onew. The leader knows too well that his dongsaeng has been crying, the coarse voice is a proof. However, he does not want to force the younger to feel better too quickly, he does not want to manage the younger feelings because he knows the younger has to slowly let things go on his own. He knows that the younger should feel closure and comfort on his own timing, adding pressure in order for him to feel alright again is just not an option right now. Probably which is why the only thing he could say to him is his name. Trying to sound as soft and comforting as possible, he continues,

 

“Kibum-ah, why aren’t you asleep yet? Shouldn’t you be resting and enjoying your weekend off?” The leader knows exactly the reason why the younger is not in his slumber at this time yet he is trying his best to ensure the younger feels as normal as possible. Truth be told, the reason he is calling Key at this time is because he knows that this would happen. When the younger has announced his plan to go to Tokyo for a weekend, he was worried that the place that Jonghyun once called his comfort place would overwhelm Key with memories. Despite worrying about this, he doesn’t have the heart to forbid Key to go, as he thought that this might be one of the way for Key to gain some closure before Shinee’s schedule kicks in.

 

The beautiful bow shaped lips unconsciously curved up as the rapper thought to himself, nagging, despite everything the elder is still doing his job as a leader.

“Hyung.. Say yourself, what are you doing calling me at this hour huh? And just for your information, I have been enjoying my weekend. I lost count how many bowls of ramen I have eaten and also, I get to take lots of nice pictures”, the younger tries to make his voice as normal as possible and more importantly as sassy as he used to sound like.

“I’m glad you’re having fun Kibummie,” a long pause was heard from the other end as Kibum tries to be patient on what his leader has to say. “Kibum-ah, you know I’m here for you right?”. The voice of his hyung, sounds so comforting and loving that the tears that no longer there just threatening to spill from his eyes.

 

Lips quivering, Key knows he wouldn’t be able to answer without sobbing his heart out so all he can do is just to make an agreeing humming voice hopping that his hyung would hear it. Despite his effort trying to bite down his lips, the pale hands already gripping the sheet till they turn pale to suppress his sobs nothing seems to be working as his mind just took him on an emotional roller coaster ride.

 

Tears are freely flowing onto his face as he got reminded of that day, the day he finally said his last goodbye, the last day and the day that the reality seems to slap him in the face.

He remembers everything clearly, the flashing of reporters’ camera, the whole SMtown fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter