A certain once’s (?) being haunted

Case Code: Once

A certain once’s (?) being haunted

                In a dimly lighted room, a certain figure of a girl can be seen. Looking closely, the figure’s right hand is shaking whilst holding a phone. The said person then walked back and forth, this scene has been replaying over ten times now. She looked at the phone once again then she shook her head. She then took a seat on the sofa.

“What the heck is happening?” She muttered to herself knowing no answer will come. Oh how wrong she was.

“Is this a case of time travel perhaps?”

                Hearing an unknown voice she abruptly stood up and scanned the area.

“What’s wrong this time?”

                And another voice was heard. Truthfully she was scared. She woke up in someone else’s body, in an unknown apartment complex and it seems that this house is haunted.

“Can I cry?” She said, not believing any of this seemingly fantastical situation of hers.

“Can I also cry?”

                That was it. She was scared out of her wits. And here she thought she was a relatively calm and collected person.

“Who are you?! Show yourself this instant!”

“Who’s she talking to? Wait, is she thinking that we’re ghosts?”

                A new voice was heard. How many ghosts are there?! She, right there and then, fainted.

“Is she alright?”

“Should I also start my first sentence as a question?”

“You’re already doing it.”

“Ah~ you ended our relay.”

“Who cares about that stuff? Look she’s waking up.”

                She woke up expecting the hard cold floor she had fainted on and, once again, how wrong she was. There were eight people looking at her. They didn’t look like ghosts. Am I dead?

“Hey, are you alright?”

 “Am I dead?”

“No you’re not.”

“Then where is this? You’re ghosts aren’t you?”

“In our consciousness I guess and why in the world are you saying that we’re ghosts”

“You’re not making any sense.”

“You’re the one who’s not making any sense.”

“Weren’t you haunting me in the room?! Now my soul is held captive!”

“You heard us?”

                They looked at each other and seemingly had come to an understanding.

“Let me explain the current situation. We, just like you, woke up not understanding anything. But unlike you who had woken up in that room, we woke up here. With seven unfamiliar faces, I was ultimately scared. But let me ask you one thing, do you recognize us?”

                She looked at the eight people directing their sight in her direction. She then noticed how familiar their faces were. She pondered a bit and realized that they were the same people at that time.

“At the concert…”

“And you got that right!”

“And so we had come to an understanding that something weird is happening.”

                Right, something was definitely weird.

“Let me continue the explanation!”

“Thanks. I was getting a bit tired.”

“Now, this right here is a screen!”

“We know genius.”

“Thank you for the compliment. Now this screen displays what you, the only soul that can control the body, see and does.”

                They all looked at her hoping for some reaction, only to find that she doesn’t understand any of this.

“She does not understand what in the world you are explaining about. Anyways, we’ve been exchanging words from quite a bit now but we haven’t introduced ourselves yet.”

                Finally, someone has common sense. The she and her narration can finally stop.

“I’m Nakamoto Yuki, 18 years old, nice to meet you.”

“Name’s Go Seo Eul, 19. ”

“I got excited, sorry about that. I’m Park Ha Eon, 20.”

“Mizushima Mai’s the name, I’m 17 this year. Hope we’ll get along.”

“Kato Miko, 16.”

“I was wondering when we would start introducing ourselves, I’m Wang Yi-an. I’m also 16 this year.”

“Lin Shu-hui, 16, I don’t speak that much but nice to meet you.”

”Lastly, I’m Aimee Mendez, 19. You are?”

                After saying all their names, eight girls looked at the same person, the only person who hadn’t introduced herself yet.

“Song Ji A, 18”