ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Why not?

It was defiantly a cold September evening, my hands were frozen as I blow hot air at them- a pity try to make them warmer, and my legs were shaking almost violently.

God, I hate the cold.

"I really shouldn't have come earlier, Jungkook is always late anyway,"
I've mumbled to the ground, standing alone under the street light that wasn’t on yet as the sun has yet to set.
"Why I didn’t wear my jacket?"  I scold myself for the 5th time this night.

"Oh god, it's so cold tonight. How are you still alive?" a really smiley Jungkook joked, as he ran to me from the bus.
"Sorry I'm late Tae, the bus was stuck in traffic for the longest time."
His voice was airy almost as he doesn't care I have waited for 15 minutes in the frizzing weather all alone.

"I swear to god Jungkook, I'll murder you. A day will come when you'll wake up in the middle of the night and I'll be standing by your bed with a knife in my hand, and in the name of everything that’s pure in life it'll be the last thing you'll see." I spoke, wearing a frown on my face.

"If the last thing I'll see is you, it's all worth it."

"Just god damn it, can you be more obnoxious than this?"
Me and Jungkook had this thing of flirting with each other for the last couple of months, well mostly Jungkook flirting with me. Every single one of my friends is sure we're dating, but most of the time I can't stand him anywhere near me.
But his smile is adorable, I'll give you that.

"I can try," he whispered in my ear as he put an arm around my shoulder, and led me forward, "In any case, my brother gave me this 50% off coupon for the restaurant he works in, and I thought about wasting it on you so let's go."

                                            

It was an emotionally draining 20 minutes' walk, mostly because Jungkook never stopped talking, and I had my limit for listening to him set at 43 seconds. The only thing made it bearable is the body warmth he was providing; it kept my from freezing.

 We walked in the restaurant, a small and cozy place that mostly served home-cooked style dishes. The smell was phenomenal and the place was filled with voices of talking and laughter that weren't too loud and overwhelming, the place was welcoming.

"Hello good evening," the hostess said in a sweet voice, "Do you have a table booked in?"
"Yes, by the name Jeon Jungkook."
The girl checked the list for a brief moment "A table for two?"
Jungkook nodded, and with that, we followed her to a small table near the bar.

"You actually booked a table for us? I'm impressed." I said with a slight mock in my voice, even though I was genially slightly impressed, picking up the menu.

Jungkook hummed, picking his own menu as well, "It'll be a waste to actually get out of the house, and with you of all people, if I can't at least have a normal meal." I just throw him an annoyed look in return and went back to observe the menu.

And god save me, the prices were more then I make in a month, even with that 50% off coupon, I'll get my in debt.

"Err, Jungkook, do you want to drain me of all my money?" I sneered,
"Don’t worry Tae, I'm paying." He reassured with a cocky smile,
god how rich is this kid?

Five minutes later we were served with the drinks, but all that my pale for the night did was trying to dig a hole in the ground with his stare.
His glass of ice tea was already empty, and he still tried to drink from it every few seconds, Jungkook almost looked… nerves?
It was strange to me, I've never seen the brat nerves, not before a big football game, nor a big exam.

"You know, you don't have laser-eyes, you can't make a hole in that floor, and probably you shouldn't even try, it'll cost a fortune," I tried joking, and got an empty giggle in return.

"I'm fine, really, I just-" he tried to drink from the ice tea again, "I should order more of the tea, god," He sounded confused like he can't get his thoughts together.

"Well, err, anyway, how… how does your writing assignment going?" I offered, sending him an encouraging look.

" Professor Nam said I write beautifully, but I write the same thing," he started, "always a failed love story, even though he asked for a happy ending this time "because you all need to know how to write actually good -good endings"," he mimicked in the tone of our professor, pulling out a chuckle from me, "but writing a good ended romance always felt cliché to me."

"You just sound emo right now, kook." I claimed, checking a point to myself in my head for being better then Jungkook in one more thing, counting 3 points at total.

The food arrived as I finished my sentence and the rest of dinner went along with a chat about writing assignments and works to put in.
To my sincere surprise, Jungkook actually paid for the meal, and we left the palace after a heck of a good meal.

"What's now?" I send a questioning gaze to his direction, and he shrugged in return, his shoulders where tensed I noticed.
"Let's just walk then."

We dragged our feet in the direction of the park nearby, mostly in silence.
I tried to start a conversation, I really did, but all I got were short and empty replies from Jungkook.
He seemed to have his mind busy with something that makes him nerves, and it felt like he was straggling to say it out loud.
Frankly, I was a little offended, sure- Jungkook annoyed me to no limit most of the time, but besides that, I considered him as a rather close friend that I share a lot with.
Maybe it was just something big and hard to just bring into a conversation?

"What are you thinking of Jungkookah?" I've questioned and the younger just got more tensed at the question.

Taking a big sigh he went to sit on the swing set and motioned me to come sit with him, and so I did.
As I've set on the swing next to him I've noticed his gaze on me.
I send him a questioning look again and waited for him to speak.

"Well, how to start this?" he giggled nervously, "I hope you enjoyed the restaurant, I've wanted you to like it… I – I also want you to like me."

I stared at him for a couple of seconds, "do you mean?..."

"Yes, I do."

"Hhm… I, actually I kind of do, I mean, I've never thought about us that way, but, but why not? Let's try making it work."

I smiled at him, and he smiled back with one of the prettiest smiles I've seen,
maybe it'll work out.