02 | Agree to Disagree

Wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Each word you say, each laugh
They have such big meanings to me
Even your smallest glances
Even your lonely back is a difficult promise to me

- IU, Meaning of You

 

 

 

 

 

Eying her parents, Yoona could sense, something was not quite right. Their shifty eyes said it all, it was too obvious.

 

“ Alright, spill!” there, she said it, whoever could stand the obvious whispering and shifty eyes and the looks on their faces tell it all.

 

Busted.

 

Five seconds and her father was the one who opened his mouth, breaking the awkwardness, “ Well, you’re turning 29, one more year, and you would be an old ahjumma playing Go and drinking soju…”

 

Her father was rambling, that’s she knew. He’s changing the subject!

 

Narrowing eyes, she scoffed, “ You are not changing the subject, appa.”

 

With a sheepish smile, he nudged his wife, asking for help. Madam Im let out an exaggerated sigh.

 

“ What your father was trying to say is, you are not getting any younger, neither do us, so… we thought…”

 

Yoona could sense something fishy within the conversation… not getting any younger… be an old ahjumma… oh no, “ Stop! You’re marrying me off, aren’t you!” Again, their expression was the clear evidence.

 

Eyes widen in surprise, Yoona was speechless. How could all of this crap possibly happen in real life, her life, specifically? Taking a deep breath, she opened to say something but again, what else to be said?!

 

“ It was out of sudden, not planned at all. Not some sort of old arrangement or setups, I, we genuinely like him for you.” Her father took her hand, and with that pitiful puppy eyes, how could one refuse. Yoona was helpless.

 

“ How could you do this to me? You know I’m dating Sehun!” of course they knew, she told them everything! The moment Sehun asked her to be his girlfriend, her parents was the first to know!

 

Her mother was utterly apologetic, both of them are, but it was obvious too, they wanted HIM! Whoever this ‘him’ would be.

 

Couldn’t her life be like some sort of ordinary love story? People met, they fall in love, they got married and they grow old together. It was easier like that, isn’t it? So, why couldn’t she have that all?!

 

Taking a deep breath, Mr. Im uttered in defeat, but hopeful, “ You should meet him, just once.”

 

“ Just once, Yoong-ah. Then, yes, we could call it off.” It was her mother, with hopeful eyes.

 

Once. Just once, then she would call it off.

 

She could still date Sehun.

 

“ Alright. Fine! I’ll meet him, but seriously who is this awfully wonderboy?” Yes, Yoona was pretty much curious. What made her parents adore this lad so much?

 

It took her two whole months to convince them, for them to warm-up to Sehun. Oh! And it cost Sehun a honeymoon package to Jeju-do! So, yes, this development very much intrigued her.

 

Curiously observ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter