End

Feelings

Seulgi knew how much Wendy like, no scratch that, love Irene, one of Seulgi’s dance mate slash roommate and being the nice bestfriend she is, the blonde haired girl was determined to get Wendy and Irene get together and probably hook up, she don’t know.  She has never felt this determined before, not even during her examination week. For Wendy, for Wendy. The bear thought as she was sitting at her study table in her shared room with Irene, thinking of a plan, whatever plan just to make the two of her friends together.

 

Wendy has a huge crush on Irene but the Canadian girl was so scared to even look at her crush. A useless lesbian, Seulgi thought.

 

Ping! An imaginary light bulb above Seulgi’s head has lighted up. She has an idea, not her most brilliant idea but any idea would work right now as Seulgi would think.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi has a rare condition, very rare that even doctors and scientists couldn’t explain her ‘condition’ scientifically. Seulgi can’t feel sad, even if she wants to. This all happened after she was struck by lightning when she was nine years old. She almost died back then but miracles work on its most unexpected times. She didn’t know if she should be glad that she can’t feel sad, especially when someone she knew died, and she didn’t feel even a glint of sadness in her.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi felt happy whenever she saw Wendy and Irene being lovey dovey in front of her, doing their cheesy PDAs in front of lots of people. She always smiles, always. But what she couldn’t decipher was that this weird pang in her heart whenever she saw Wendy laughing and smiling brightly because of Irene. After the incident that almost took her life 14 years ago, this was the first time ever she felt this weird, painful feeling at her heart.

 

“Hey guys, I’m… I’m gonna go now. I just realized that I have something to do.” The blond haired girl excused herself, making the other two looked at her, confused.

 

“I thought you have nothing to do?” Wendy looked at her with a cute pout, making Seulgi’s heart swell in happiness.

 

“Yeah, I thought so too. I just remembered something just now. Don’t worry Wan-ah, I’ll be back in a few hours. You guys enjoy yourselves.” Seulgi faked a smile, something she never done before. She quickly walked out of the café and heaved a sigh of relief right after barging out of the place.

 

Why?

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi thought that was just a phase, a phase that will vanish in a few days or something. But, that bear was wrong, that bear was really wrong. She could get sleepless night just thinking of that incident, she could get a painful pang in her heart every time an image of someone crossed her mind.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Wendy’s voice snapped Seulgi out of her thoughts as she was sitting in her class early in the morning.

 

“Oh, nothing. Just, stressed because of assignments.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi mustered up all of her courage and inhaled a deep breath. Its now or never. "I like you Seungwan, no. I love you.” She confessed.

 

Wendy’s eyes were wide as she looked at the blond haired girl, shock was written all over her face. Seulgi closed her eyes before inhaling more air and continuing, “I’m sorry this was all sudden-“

 

“W-why didn’t you tell me before?”

 

“You’re happy, I didn’t want to be a burden to you.” Seulgi looked down, biting her lip so hard that she could feel blood, just to hold back her tears from flowing.

 

“Seulgi, you’re sad.” Wendy said, full of concern and held Seulgi’s right palm that was on the table this whole time firmly.

 

“Yeah, I am.” She chuckled sadly and looked at their hands. Seulgi wished Wendy would do more than holding hands but, she knew how cruel life can be.

 

“I-I thought you never feel sad.”

 

“Exactly.” The bear smiled painfully. “But, because of you, because of all of this, I can now finally feel sad again. I should be thankful of you Seungwan, for making me feel normal again.”

 

“W-Why didn’t you tell me before, we… we could’ve work Seul. I like you too.”

 

“I wanted to, but, Irene made you feel happier, and making you feel happy is my first priority. Maybe we could’ve been, in another world. I guess we just… weren’t meant to be.”

 

Seulgi quickly stood up, leaving Wendy alone and walking away from her, away from the café, tears escaped through her eyes. Seulgi was crying, she was crying, after 14 damn years, just because of her unrequited love. She now knows how sad feels like, after 14 damn years. She should thank Wendy for it, right? Wendy made her feel sad again, anyway.