Shooting Star

Shooting Star

A beautiful figure sat delicately on a rock overlooking the ocean. Her white wings practically glowed in the moonlight as she waited patiently for her friend. She heard the water behind her quietly move and grinned since she could predict what was about to happen.

"Hi, Yuju!" The winged figure yelled as she quickly turned around. The girl in the water screamed and disappeared under the waves. She resurfaced a moment later with a pout.

"Why would you scare me like that Yerin?!" Yuju yelled as she used her tail to lightly splash the angel on the rock. Yerin laughed loudly at the mermaid in front of her.

"Well, weren't you planning on scaring me? Isn't that why you tried to be quiet?" Yerin asked with a slight smirk. Yuju's eyes darted around everywhere except for the girl in front of her.

"Well... you see... um... I wasn't... why would I... ugh nevermind" Yuju quickly gave up trying to make up a story to cover up her maniacal plan.

"I know you too well. You can't trick me!" Yerin exclaimed triumphantly as she threw her fist in the air. Yuju chuckled at the older girl and looked over to the grassy island not too far away from them. She caught a glimpse of two people near the shoreline.

"I think that's Eunha and Umji!" Yuju said excitedly as she pointed her finger towards the island. Yerin jumped up and waved her hands rapidly towards the other girls. She flapped her wings and flew off of the rock she was sitting on. Yerin started flying towards them before pausing to look down at the water.

"Wanna race?" She shouted down to the mermaid below her.

"You're on," Yuju said confidently as she smirked towards the angel.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Go!" They shouted together as the sped off towards the waiting girls, who could both be heard laughing in the distance. Yuju reached the shoreline a few seconds before Yerin landed.

"Ha! Did you really think you could beat me?! I am the racing god!" Yuju jokingly shouted towards Yerin. In response, Yerin sighed loudly and pouted.

"I should've known I couldn't beat the amazing Yuju... All hail Lord Yuju!" Yerin said dramatically as she knelt on the ground in front of the water. Umji and Eunha were practically on the gound laughing because of their friend's antics.

"Aw~ So sad~ I thought Yerin would win today. They always show up in the weirdest ways. Don't they Umji?" Eunha said to Umji once their laughing fit subsided. Umji nodded with a smile towards her older, but slightly shorter friend.

"I could beat you in a race too Eunha. Your little pixie wings wouldn't stand a chance." Yuju smirked towards the pixie who in return cutely pouted and huffed.

"How's my precious fairy baby?" Yerin asked with a voice similar to how a mother would talk to a small child. She wrapped her arms around Umji and kissed her cheek continuously.

"I'm good Yerin... but I'd be better if you'd stop choking me," Umji said politely, though slightly strained, towards the angel. Yerin softened her grip but didn't let go.

"Please let SinB show up soon" Umji wished in her head. She knew that once her werewolf friend showed up Yerin would cling to her instead. It didn't take long for Umji's wish to come true.

"What the heck is wrong with you!?"

"What did I even do this time!?"

"Oh, you know what you di- Hwang Eunbi! Get back here!"

It wasn't hard to hear the bickering of two people who were coming towards them. Eventually, they saw SinB run out of the forest and onto the shore. She was laughing loudly as she ran. Sowon followed behind her yelling about the disrespect of children these days, mainly complaining about the young werewolf's habits. Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, and Umji all watched with interest as the vampire chased SinB around the shore before eventually tackling her to the ground.

"I swear one of these days I'm going to hurt you"

"A grandma like you doesn't stand a chance against me" SinB smirked towards the vampire. She quickly pushed Sowon away from her and ran towards the group of four. She hid behind Umji and back hugged the fairy, being careful not to crush her wings.

"Umji! Tell the giraffe to stop messing with me!" SinB whined towards her same age friend. Umji shook her head lightly while laughing under her breath. Yerin took the opportunity of SinB being close and hugged her before she had the chance to escape.

"SinB! I missed you!" She said as she planted kissed all over SinB's face before lightly petting the werewolf's hair.

"Yerin! Don't treat her like that! Smack her or something!" Sowon yelled as she approached the five girls.

"What did you do this time?" Yerin asked as she stopped petting SinB's hair.

"I just told her to walk faster because she was walking like a grandma," SinB said softly as she innocently looked at the angel.

"Well do you know what you did wrong?" Yerin spoke as if SinB was a little kid who stole a cookie from the cookie jar. SinB tilted her head to the side as she thought.

"Hmm... Nope!" She shouted as she ran out of Yerin's arms before Sowon could attack her again. 

"Hey look!" Eunha shouted as she pointed to the sky. Everyone stopped to look where the pixie was pointed and sighed in awe at the sight above them. The night sky was full of shooting stars. Yuju pulled herself onto a rock and the others sat with her as they watched the shooting stars sparkle as they fell towards the earth.