Her Day

With You

-South Korea-

 

“Kring, kring..kring, kring..” The annoying alarm sound indicates that she have to wake up and faces life again. 

“Ugh..It’s so annoying..” She switches off the alarm and sit up on the bed. She doesn’t feel like going to school. She hates places with many people and school is one of the places she hate.  

“I hate my social anxiety.”

She forces herself out of her bed. She basically drags herself to the bathroom. She splashes water on her face to wake herself up. After she done preparing herself for school, she went downstairs only to find that downstairs is dark. She is used to it. She walks silently towards her parents room to check them. The room is dark and the people inside are sleeping soundly.

“Dad and mum must feel tired by working.”

She prepares simple breakfast for her parents. She prepares western style breakfast. Scramble eggs, toasts and orange juice. Realizing that she will be late to school if she didn’t start her journey, she quickly left the house after writing a note for her parents saying that she’s going to school first. 

-----

This is normal for her. Her sister, Kang Min Kyung, is on vacation with her friends. Her parents are both working; her dad as engineer and her mum owns phone shops. Her dad receives a lot of projects and her mum just opened second phone shop. 

Her parents are like other parents too. Wanting the best for their children. Both Mo Yeon and Min Kyung gets the best one from their parents. They got the best cell phones, best clothes and others. Due to this, Mo Yeon feel more sorry to them. That’s why she hid her illness and her mental health problems from her family.

People said that Mo Yeon is the total opposite of Min Kyung. They said Min Kyung is beautiful, kind-hearted and has a lot of friends. People will always say that Mo Yeon is dull, need to smile more and she barely has friends as she prefers to be alone. Mo Yeon agrees to it too but it doesn’t make Mo Yeon and Min Kyung feel good. Mo Yeon felt hurt when people compare them and Min Kyung always feel sorry and try to defend her sister.

Somehow, Mo Yeon get used to it. She blames her sister at first and then realize that it’s not her sister’s fault. She asked her sister not to feel sorry and reassure her sister that it wasn’t her fault.  Mo Yeon will always blame herself for any mistakes. 

-----

Mo Yeon reached her school after 10 minutes by walking. She feels hungry as she didn’t have any breakfast before she leave her house. She wanted to go to eat at the canteen but she hates to deal with people she don’t really know. 

“I should get over my past…”

-----

Mo Yeon entered her class and go to her seat. When she is seated, she check the time. 

“15 minutes before the bell rings.”

She put her hands on the table and her head on it. She fall asleep in just a few seconds. She barely gets to sleep yesterday night. Middle-of-the-night insomnia wakes her up every hour and makes her stay awake for at least 30 minutes.

“Mo Yeon, wake up. Teacher is here.” Mo Yeon feel like someone is shaking her and she open her eyes. She saw her friend, Ji Soo, waking her up and true to her words, teacher is already in class. “Thanks.” She thanked Ji Soo for waking her up. Pyo Ji Soo is one of the two friends who is close to her. Ha Ja Ae is the another friend. 

Mo Yeon don’t believe in best friend forever thingy as she has been betrayed by her so-called-best-friend-forever in the past. She is afraid to start new relationship, whether it’s friends or love. 

-----

The class go on as usual and after the bell indicates the school ends ring, she walked back home. She is hungry as she didn’t eat during recess too. She stayed in the library to avoid people. 

She reached her home in no time because she walked fastly so that she can reach home faster. She opened the gate and entered the house. Silent. The house is empty. 

“Of course it’s empty. Dad and mum went to work already.”

Her sister will only return next week. 

“It’s okay. It’s not the first time also. Being alone is good, what. I won’t hurt anyone like this.”

For Mo Yeon, loneliness only come if someone have time. And she don’t have time for that.

-----

Mo Yeon took a bath and started her homeworks. She has no appetite to eat even though she is hungry. By the time 11 at night, her parents are still nowhere to home. She waited until almost 12 when she heard car engines sound. Her parents are back, finally. 

She ran to the door to greet her parents. 

“Dad! Mum!”

“Mo Yeon! Why are you still not asleep?” Her mum asks her with a worry expression. 

Mo Yeon reply with a big grin, “I was waiting for you both to come back. Have you eaten yet?”

“Haven’t, Mo Yeon. Too busy.”

“Dad, no matter how busy you are, you have to eat. Same to you too, mum.”

Her parents just smile at their precious daughter. 

Mo Yeon pull her parents hand in each of her hands to enter the house. “I’ll prepare some food so, just give me a minute. Okay?”

“It’s late. You should get some sleep, Mo Yeon. You’ll be tired tomorrow at this rate.” Her mum is actually worry about Mo Yeon because they rarely have time to care for her.

“Mum and dad must be tired too.” Mo Yeon just run to the kitchen after saying that. Her parents just smile proudly at her.

-----

Minutes later, Mo Yeon appeared from the kitchen with a pot full with instant mee. 

“Sorry, mum and dad. This is the best one I can do.”

“It’s okay. We know you worked hard.”

“Let’s eat.” 

The three of them hold up their chopsticks and eat the mee prepared by Mo Yeon. After eating, Mo Yeon excused herself to her room to let her parents to rest. She also prepare to sleep. 

“I hope I can get a full night sleep tonight.”

But it doesn’t come true as she wakes up almost every hour. She just hates it. Her day may be boring and dull but she works hard to stay alive everyday to repay back her parents.  

 

 

 

--------------------

A/N

Please leave some comments. Good or bad comments are always welcome. I'm thankful for all the suscribers. Hope you all can stay with me till the end. Thank you very much!!