Volume 1; The Dream

All Is Violent All Is Bright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Volume 1; The Dream

 

xx

 

Although the body in her arms was limp, it felt heavy like the pain in her heart and the burden of never telling her the truth – never telling her how she felt, how much she loved her. It wasn't supposed to end like this. They were supposed to be together forever – until fate would take them into the afterlife, together.

 

She couldn't breathe. A lump had formed in and the tears had welled up in her eyes until she couldn't hold them back any longer. It felt as though a knife has been stabbed right through her heart. The anguish, the pain, it was all too much to bear. Fate had been as cruel in the end as it had been kind in the beginning.

 

She had asked her years ago, “What would you do if I died?”

 

She had answered, “How would I live without you?”

 

Words that had touched both deeply were now a reality but the outcome had been reversed.

 

She cradled the body closer, leaning to kiss the lips of the woman she loved more than anything or anyone in this world. A heavy wind blew past the two bodies and with it, her love began to disintegrate – turning into dust and flying off with the wind.

 

Her hands reached to grab what she could but her efforts were futile. Her lips trembled, the tears rolled down faster and a painful scream escaped her lips. Her body hit the ground in the fetal position.

 

“Wheein...”

 

“Hyejin?” The voice was faint, but it sounded so real, so close. “Hyejinie?”

 

Hyejin felt her body being pushed gently by small hands and she opened her eyes to see her two unnies in the front seats of the car talking about God knows what. Hyejin felt a pair of arms wrap around her shoulders.

 

“Were you dreaming about me? You said my name.” Wheein giggled cutely, her dimple growing deeper the longer she lovingly looked at Hyejin.

 

“What? No.” Hyejin frowned and Wheein pouted and smacked Hyejin's shoulder. It was playful but she knew the older girl was also a bit annoyed.

 

“I clearly heard you say Wheein. I don't know any other Wheein's so if you've met her, I need to meet her and find out why you're dreaming about her. I bet she's cuter than me right? Probably has big s and stuff.” Wheein pouted even more and Hyejin continued to frown and shake her head.

 

“You're the only Wheein I know,” Hyejin answered – her tone clearly marking her annoyance with the older girl. “Also...big s? Really?”

 

“I'd figure that's what you like since Sujung unnie is clearly not lacking in that department.” Wheein replied and looked down at her chest.

 

“Wheein-ah...” Hyejin paused and stared directly into Wheein's eyes. She could see the anticipation growing by the second on her best friend's face. It had been a dream, she was awake, Wheein was sitting next to her, arms still slightly lingering on her shoulders.

 

“Hmm?” Wheein hummed and wrapped her arms tighter around Hyejin's shoulders.

 

“I was...dreaming...about you...” Hyejin finally admitted and ignited a huge grin on Wheein's face.

 

“What was I doing in the dream?” She asked curiously.

 

“You were in my arms.” Hyejin replied and the ambiguous answer went right over any other curiosity Wheein might have had regarding the dream. She leaned into Hyejin and rested her head on the younger girl's shoulder.

 

Hyejin wrapped her arms around Wheein, holding the girl closer. All that pain and anguish she felt from the dream was gone – all she felt now was the relief and love she had for Wheein. They remained silent for a while and Hyejin took that time to reminisce about her dream and what she had seen. It still felt so real – so real that it made a chill go down her spine.

 

Hyejin remained stoic, silent, watching the trees go up and down the mountains, their trek seeming never ending. She knew that despite the distractions that would come on this trip to Naksan Provincial Park and Beach, this eerie dream would haunt her thoughts – hopefully, no other such dreams would happen again. Her unnies had stopped talking a while back and Byulyi's playlist played through the car's stereo.

 

Wheein had not moved away from her spot next to her – the girl's head was still resting on her shoulder. Wheein's hands were intertwined with Hyejin's left hand and her breathing was soft, soothing to Hyejin's ears and mind. The dream was starting to leave her thoughts and her mind going blank; the trees still passing by her and never ending.

 

It was spring break, they had two weeks to do whatever they wanted and not worry about school or whatever other stresses life brought to four young college students. Without her input, the other three in the car had decided where to go to get away. Naksan was a popular tourist destination, but it wasn't one that a lot of college students planned to visit during spring break. Busan was more popular.

 

Hyejin had followed along because wherever Wheein went, she always tagged along. They had been inseparable for ten years now and Hyejin wasn't going to let a trip she hadn't even discussed with her friends stop her from being with Whee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter