newlife

Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
April 18th, 2013 6:17 pm Big Hit Entertainment Room 312

 

“Just be ready for dinner by 7:30. More trainees will be arriving in the next couple days, but feel free to take a bed and unpack. You may explore the building but don’t go to the 8th floor. See you later Soomin.” Jaeseung said, closing the door behind him as he left.

“Thanks…” I trailed off, walking towards the window seat bed. There were two bunk beds, two beds already taken by other trainees. The room was just big enough for a closet and a desk. There was a window that overlooked part of Seoul with a light pink curtain filtering out harsh light. Excitement rushed through my veins. I’m finally doing this. I thought. In the end, everything worked out. In a sudden whim of inspiration, I grabbed my guitar and began playing.

Wait, backtrack.

How did I get my guitar?

*sigh* I tried to leave this out because it was kind of embarrassing, but I guess this is unavoidable.

*ehem*

 

-flashback-

 

 

I was crying. Until….

“Flight 477 to Incheon Airport, please make your way to sector B4. Flight….”

Ah! My flight! I picked up my jello legs and jogged back to Moonbucks to grab what little remained of my stuff. What a great way to start your career Jules. I was beating myself up when I spied a light brown case standing by my suitcase.

“Holy eballs is that mine?” I said under my breath. And so it was. I scanned the room to see if anyone had left it there, but there was no one. Crying again of joy, I almost dropped the note that was stuck on the case.

 

Sorry! I thought this was my friends and took it for him

But he called me saying he found his, so I came to put this back

If anything is damaged, call me

At #02-388-4068

-MYG

 

Whoever this MYG guy or gal is is a great person. And she/he’s Korean, seeing from the phone number. I silently thanked God and then made my way happily to the sector-- time to catch a plane.

 

 

-end flashback-

The guitar was okay, but a string had popped. Maybe I’ll use that opportunity to call and say thank you.

Just a couple strums brought me back to my happy place, and a fresh tune flowed into my brain and onto my notebook. The new surroundings and anticipatory air inspired me. I happily composed until I heard a growl.

“Man I’m hungry… ” I quickly put my guitar away and changed. White tee, blue jeans, and red converse was the way to go. Putting on the “Trainee Level C: Soomin Julie Hahn” nametag on, I headed downstairs to eat.

 

“Excuse me! Do you even KNOW who I am?” screamed a shrilly voice. I had reached the lobby when a high pitched, annoying voice pierced my ears. Confused, I turned to see a girl in cheetah pumps, tight leather leggings, a bomber jacket, and glossy brown hair yelling at the woman over the counter. She looked mean and imposing, toting a fancy Lucci bag.

“I’m sorry Minjee, but that’s just the rules. If you cannot abide by this, you may leave and forfeit your trainee position.” she looked spooked but annoyed.

“My father will know about this. Incredulous!” she said, turning and walking towards the cafeteria.

Ooh wow her father will know about this. Scary. Chuckling, I made eye contact with the lady behind the desk who just rolled her eyes and smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter