Fin.

Accidents Happen

It was a cloudy day. Hyo Joo liked it, the clouds blocked the irritating sun rays and she could enjoy sitting outside the campus for once. Hyo Joo was peacefully sitting on the bleachers with her Linear Algebra book sprawled across her lap and along with her notes. She was struggling with one of the questions, not even paying attention to the rowdy boys playing soccer on the field. She actually thought it would be quiet here and maybe they would maybe silently practice but she was so wrong. Hyo Joo couldn't focus properly because of them and as much as she wanted to get up, she couldn't because her best friend had promised to meet her here and Hyo Joo was waiting for her to show up.

Hyo Joo rolled the ball point in her fingers before placing it down and closing the her book. Her phone vibrated from beside her and she picked it up.

From My boo SooHee:

Bae i kant meet chu. sorry. make up class rn.

Hyo Joo frowned but she didn't blame her best friend. With a sigh, she was about to reach out for her bookbag when she heard someone yell, "Watch out!" But before she could even do anything about it, it had been too late already. As she snapped her head toward the direction of the incoming sound, her vision narrowed on an incoming soccer ball and it hit her on her side, Hyo Joo's body – with a piercing groan escaping her lips – rolled and she fell back, the back of the head smashing against the bench behind her. The poor girl's world out with the last confusing thought of 'what the heck?'.

Hyo Joo's eyes stirred open and when she tried to move her body, especially her right arm which was hurting like hell, she felt the crippling head ache on the back side of her head. She craned her neck to the side to get a better look at her surroundings and found herself surrounded with the colour white which was hurting her eyes. Even the ceiling and the curtains were boringly white. She was lying on a small bed and it seemed like she was in the nurse's office.

What even happened to me? Oh right, got hit by a soccer ball...

"Hello? A-anybody-?"

"Oh God! You're awake!" A feminine voice sounded near Hyo Joo and the the curtains surrounding her bed drew open, the nurse appearing before her. A groan erupted from because of the sudden pain she was feeling and the nurse nodded her head vehemenantly.

"Don't worry, honey! I'll get you some pain killers." The nurse disappeared as quickly as she had appeared and whilst she was looking for the pain killers in the cabinet, the door to the nurse's office opened with a loud bang. Hyo Joo couldn't see the door because the door was beyond her vision but she could hear the heavy breathing.

"Nurse Lee! Is the girl here? Is she fine?!" The voice sounded panicked and Hyo Joo didn't recognise the voice at all. She made an attempt to sit up again but again, her right arm hurt like hell and she couldn't even move it. Despite this, she pushed herself with the help of the other arm and sat up, leaning against the pillow.

"Yes, she's fine...but why are you here?" Nurse Lee spoke with uncertainity in her voice and the figure sighed in relief. Now that she thought about it, she had heard the voice before...right before she got hit. Hyo Joo snapped her fingers mentally recalling the past event. It was the guy who had warned - or tried to warn her. But what was he doing here and more importantly why did he sound so worried about her?

"Thank God..." The voice moved near to where Hyo Joo was and this time, a unfamiliar figure stood before her. Hyo Joo craned her neck to the side as she squinted her eyes at the male. He was extremely good-looking with beautiful jet black hair swept to the side and big brown eyes. He was wearing a blue flannel with blue ripped jeans and observing him, Hyo Joo was even more sure that she didn't know him or hadn't seen him before because he had such a handsome face that couldn't be forgotten.

"Are you feeling fine?" Hyo Joo noticed the concerned features of the male and slowly she nodded her head. Even thought she didn't feel fine, she wanted to assure him because hell, he looked even more worried for Hyo Joo than she was for herself.

"Uhm, yeah--I think so at least." With a careful hand placed on her head, Hyo Joo sat herself up on the uncomfortably stiff matress and narrowed her eyes on the male, wondering what business would a total hottie like him have with a girl like her? Don't get her wrong, Hyo Joo was in no way ugly or anything. She took great pride in her appearance and more so in her intelligence. She just didn't exactly get why the soccer player was currently standing before her, fiddling nervously with his fingers and overall worrying for her. He must've noticed her curiosity and broke down in a gummy smile; and damn, Hyo Joo was really regretting not knowing the guy. Why didn't she know that a guy as cute looking as him existed and was in the same University as her.

"I'm Jeon Jungguk." he said gently, sweeping his bangs away from his eyes and Hyo joo noted the beads of sweat trickling down from the sides of the face. Was it from the soccer practice? Probably. Was it because he came running from all the way from the field to the nurse's office? Maybe. Perhaps both. Hyo Joo didn't know why she was thinking about it though.

She cleared and turned her attention back at him. She smiled, "Hi, Jungkook. I'm--"

"Hyo Joo." Jungkook finished for you and you cocked a brow at him. Okay, so, the cutie apparently knows her. Wow.

"How do you--" But Hyo Joo's words were interupted by the nurse coming back with a bottle of pills in her hand. She gave Jungkook a sharp look and the boy stepped away.

"Take a pill or two, sweetie." The nurse smiled and handed her the bottle and gestured toward the jug of water and glass next to it on the bedside table and Hyo joo nodded her head, thankful. The nurse went back and Hyo joo heard the soft click of the door shut after a minute or so; leaving Jungkook and Hyo joo alone.

"So...Jungkook. You still didn't tell me why you're here." Hyo Joo popped a pill in and reached for the glass but Jungkook was faster. He poured her a glass of water and handed it to her, smiling.

"Let's just say...I'm trying to make amends for a mistake that I made." He shrugged timidly.

"You'll have to do more than just giving me a glass of water for that--but before that, how on earth did you even manage to kick the ball so far?"

 

...

Hyo Joo didn't know exactly how but from that day on, Jungkook became a great part of her life. It all started with him saying that he was the one who made the mistake and planned on making up for it. And, by making up for it, he meant that he'll stick to her side 24-7 like chewing gum. He walked Hyo Joo to her classes, accompanied her in the cafeteria, sat with her in the library when she was studying and even went as far as dropping her off at home. Hyo Joo found it strange and endearing but she didn't want him to stop. Because besides her girl-friends and her best friend, Hyo Joo didn't know any other people but she really liked having friends. so when Jungkook was being a kind angel, she didn't say no and instead went with the boy.

A few weeks later, Hyo Joo was making her way to her Calculus class when Jungkook came running by, waving his hand enthusiastically at her. She grinned.

"Let me walk you," he said simply and Hyo Joo nodded her head. She glanced at what the male was wearing and was slightly impressed to see the boy in a camo tee and skinny jeans. She was amazed to see that Jungkook could rock such dull clothes. Jungkook must've noticed Hyo Joo checking his outfit out because when she looked back up, the color pink was painted on his cheeks.

Hyo Joo grinned cheekily. "You know you don't have to do this..."

"I know but I want to." Hyo Joo raised her brow but said nothing.

They entered the maths department building and took a left turn toward the classes. Hyo Joo turned to look at him when they reached the classroom.

"You never told me how you knew my name, y'know," Hyo Joo said, recalling the day of the incident.

Jungkook smiled bashfully again and mumbled, "You're just kinda famous..."

At his words, Hyo Joo blinked. She was?

"I am?" She was genuinely curious. Why would she be famous? Was she perhaps...popular amongst the guys? A fleeting thought of happiness passed through her. She batted her eyes lashes at the boy, urging with her expressions for him to explain.

"Yeah--," he cleared his throat, "you're really smart and--"

"Oh! In that sense," Hyo Joo said dumbly. But bit down her bottom lip in embarassment at the sound of her own disappointment. Of course it was because of her studies. Jungkook must've sense that too because he added quickly,

"You're really pretty too! I mean, at least I think so-- I mean, among my group of friends to be exact. Jimin hyung is the one who really thinks that!" He was rambling now, blinking his eyes at an unusual pace.

"Jimin? As in Park Jimin? The dance prodigy?" Hyo joo's eyes widened at the name. Did Jimin really found her attractive? She was feeling giddy now. Jungkook deflated at her sudden excitement. She knew Jimin hyung but not himself? Why not?

"Well," he drawled, "Jimin hyung only likes you because of how you look...whereas I- I like for who you are." Hyo Joo was surprised to hear those words but even more surprised to see that a person could turn so red.

"Is this a confession Jungkook?"Hyo Joo asked cheekily, wiggling her brows at him.

"Maybe."