BIRTHDAY GIRL, HER GENIE, AND THE GIRLFRIEND

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your wish is my command, fair lady!"

Jaejoong accosted Sandara as she was trying—unsuccessfully—to slip out of the auditorium in the first surge of the departing crowd. His eyes crinkled with amusement as he looked down at her, unaware of her cringing embarassment. She prayed he wouldn't guess how she felt about him.

"Hey Sandara," he said, dropping the mock baritone, "you don't mind, do you? Your friends told me about it being a surprise for your birthday and all. I think it's a great idea, really neat—having your very own genie. They must think you're something to come up with an idea like this."

"Yeah," she mumbled, ducking her head to rearrange the suddenly awkward weight of her books. Before she could stop him, Jaejoong had snatched them out of her arms, ignoring her protests.

"Might as well start being useful right now," he told her. "How would it look, you carrying your own books with your genie standing empty-handed beside you?"

"Thanks," Dara said, then added lamely, "They were pretty heavy."

They rounded the corner of the building and drifted out into the quadrangle that was the center of the classrooms and offices making up JYJ High. Redwood benches were placed along a juniper hedge, which framed the concrete patio, where several groups of kids were already gathered in tight knots, discussing the auction. Jaejoong led the way over to a vacant bench and motioned Sandara to sit down.

"There still a few minutes before the bell. I thought we could, you know, go over any ideas you might have—see if you can come up with some really dirty jobs for me." He grinned engagingly.

She knew he was teasing her, but even if it was all fun, she felt resentful towards Chaerin and Bom. What made them think Jaejoong would like her just because he was stuck with her for the whole week? They were too different—she wasn't his type at all. Why, all anyone had to do was take a look at Yoona to see that! Somehow, knowing he was being such a good sport about the whole thing—only made her feel pitiful.

"I don't know Jae... err is it okay to call you that?" She tried to think of something witty to say, but nothing like that came out. "I never expected anything like this to happened. I guess I have to think about it." She added.

"I bet if we put our heads together, we could come up with something crazy enough to win the prize for best stunt at Friday's parade." Jaejoong suggested.

She had forgotten about the Genie Parade, when the whole school turned out to watch the genies and masters perform their best routines in costume. There were prizes for the best costumes, as well as ones for the most original stunt, best teamwork, and the best all-around couple. Thinking about it, it only m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter