one

idols are not supposed to fall in love

Jungkook’s manager dropped him off in an isolated area of Seoul. Not a lot of people lived there and, for that reason, it had become the perfect place for him to hang out whenever he had a break from his busy life as an idol.

He put on the hoodie of his black coat and started his path towards a small and old cinema, which only exhibited classic movies. He adored it in there. He bought a ticket and entered the single theater that there was. He saw a few figures already on their seats, but nothing more than ten. He chose to sit on his favorite queue. It gave him a perfect vision of the screen.

Waiting for the movie to start, which was called ‘Love Story’, he took his phone out of his pants’ pocket to check if he had any text. His manager had messaged him asking Jungkook to let him know when it was time to pick him up. Taehyung sent him a video of Jimin sleeping in a funny way, which made the black-haired man laugh a little. But his entertainment was interrupted when someone took the seat beside him.

He immediately gulped, his eyes glued on his phone’s screen. It could be a fan or a person who had recognized him. There were hundreds of other places to sit but, instead, this one chose to be right on his side.

“I like this queue” the stranger spoke out of the blue, in a very calm feminine voice “I saw you got a little uncomfortable with my sudden appearance and, if you want, I can move. You got here first, after all” she was polite on her words.

For some reason, Jungkook had the impression that he had already heard that voice before. He couldn’t remember where, but it wasn’t totally unfamiliar for him.

“It is okay. You can stay there” he informed, not daring to look at her.

The lady thanked him lowly. She then went quiet and, without realizing, he had slowly started to turn his head on her direction. His eyes went on her lap. She wore a skinny pair of jeans and a black converse. He liked that combination. Her hands were delicate and her fingers were playing on her thigh, as she also waited for the movie to start.

When the lights went off, she grabbed from the seat beside her a bucket with popcorn. It smelled deliciously, Jungkook thought.

“Do you want some?” she asked in a whisper, extending it towards him.

After hesitating for a while, he nodded, filling his hand with the food.

As the time passed, Jungkook realized he couldn’t focus on the movie. The presence of that female intrigued him. Her amazing scent filled his nose as a drug, making it hard for him to pay attention at anything else. And, when his hand touched hers as both of them reached out for the popcorn, his cheeks went completely red.

“I am so sorry” he apologized, feeling totally embarrassed.

She chuckled, shaking her head.

“It was an accident” she had a bit of fun on her tone.

Jungkook felt himself growing in curiosity. He had to see her. If she left without him even taking a quick glance at her, it would torture him more than he could imagine. And, gathering all the courage he had inside him, he slowly turned towards her direction, and, once he looked at her, his eyes widened.

“Jennie? Blackpink’s Jennie?” he said, surprising her.

Her eyes met his and she was also shocked.

“Jungkook sunbaenim? Oh!” Jennie bowed at him, showing him all of her respect “I had no idea it was you” she confessed.

“Neither did I” he chuckled, causing her to smile.

After that unexpected revelation, they both tried to focus on what was happening on the screen, but they would be lying if they said it worked.

Jungkook couldn’t believe Jennie Kim was sitting right beside him. Ever since she collaborated with G-Dragon, years ago, he had started developing for her a massive crush. When she debuted in Blackpink, he was amazed by her talent. She could sing well, dance and her rapping was extraordinary. Even Yoongi had pointed that out when they first watched to their music videos of ‘Whistle’ and ‘Boombayah’.

And now there she was, sharing her popcorn with him.

The movie ended and the lights went on once again. Both of them attempted to hide themselves as the small number of people left the theater. Finding themselves alone, they smiled awkwardly at each other. Jennie stood up, fixing her clothes. Jungkook did the same, and, once both of them were standing on their feet, he realized how much taller he was compared to her. He chuckled to himself, but she noticed.

“What?” she asked, smiling a little.

He shook his head “It’s nothing” he lied, making her raise an eyebrow.

“Come on, tell me” she insisted.

“You are really short” he commented and she left out a laugh.

It was the most gorgeous sound his ears had ever listened to.

“Tell me something I don’t know, Jeon” she joked, grabbing her purse and putting it over her shoulder.

She started her away to the exit and he followed her from behind. A weird sensation filled his heart. Now they would say their goodbyes and never talk to each other again, except on music and awards shows. He didn’t want that.

“Are you on a rush?” she suddenly asked, turning around “I mean, do you have to go to your dorm now or can you stay?”

He froze. Was she inviting him to make her company?

“My manager is only picking me up when I tell him to. My practice tomorrow starts in the afternoon so I don’t have to sleep early. Why?” he inquired, putting his hands inside his coat’s pockets.

“Because it is” Jennie checked her wrist watch “9:30 PM and I am starving” she confessed and, unconsciously, he smiled “Would you like to grab something to eat? There is an amazing place by the end of the street with the best ramen in the world” she informed.

Jungkook kept on smiling, looking at his feet.

“I would love to” he replied, now eyeing her.

A gummy smile crept on her lips.

“Follow me.”