Are you sure?

Futile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clothes and shoes were strewn messily all the way from the entrance to the bedroom, and immediately I knew. I felt numb inside, the smile on my face dropped and the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach was replaced by a sinking weight. The flowers felt heavy in my hands and my legs moved on its own towards the bedroom, for what reasons, I don't know either. I could hear the moans and grunts getting louder the nearer I was, her familiar moans joined by grunts of someone I didn't know. Dropping the flowers right outside the door, I ran. So much for trying to surprise her on our anniversary huh. Only in Yeri's arms did I allow the tears to flow, it felt as if the whole world's weight dropped on me.

She sobbed into her chest unceasingly, hands clutching at her jacket. She held her in silence, rocking her slowly as her tears soaked her chest. A tiny lapse let her pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before she collapsed again, the howls of misery worsening. The pain must have come in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling her back into the outstretched arms of her grief. 

She should have see the signs, she never did believe her friends when they said they saw her girlfriend being intimate with someone else on the streets, simply brushing it off as a close friend. Now she understood the saying of 'love makes you blind', she was her first love afterall. She was miserable for the next few weeks, only coming out of her room to shower or eat, and never speaking more than two sentences with anyone. She received neither a call nor a text after that, and it broke her even more, knowing the fact that she didn't care at all.

When she cried there was a rawness to it, like the pain was still an open wound. She would clasp onto something for support, anything, a table or the back of a chair, and then her whole body would shake. The sobs were stifled at first as she attempted to hide her grief, then overcome by the wave of her emotions she would break down entirely, all her defences washed away in those salty tears. As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from in the form of a silent scream. Yeri would sit outside her room sometimes, telling her about her day and persuading her to come out, and all she would do was listen. Joy would read storybooks to her and Wendy would bake and cook for her. She knew they were doing this for her, yet she couldn't bring herself to go to them yet. Soon, she promised herself.

It was two months later before she finally found the strength to go out, much to the happiness of her friends. She had only planned to go to the Han river, to enjoy the breeze and think about some things. Her friends had let her go alone due to her insistence of doing so. She sat on the grass observing, children who were having fun, people who were exercising and couples out on dates. Seeing them, she thought of giving up writing that book. What was the point of finishing it afterall, so it could serve as a reminder of her first heartbreak? She was her muse, and now that she was gone, there was nothing left of it.

"So much for love huh, maybe it's just not for me. I swear to ing god I'll never fall in love again, all it brought was heartbreak." She scoffed, throwing one look at the sky before leaving for home.

"Never fall in love again? Does she think she could resist me? Oh please." She rolled her eyes, "Solar! Get your up and ready, we're going down, there's this cute girl that I have to seduce."

 

 

Hearing Yeri gush about this "aphrodite level attractive" neighbour that moved in has taken a toll, especially since it's been months since this apparent beauty has moved in and yet she has never seen this person. Convinced that Yeri was hallucinating, she paid the younger no heed.

Crashing into someone that made her books fly wasn't her ideal way of starting the day, she was about to give the stranger a piece of her mind when she realised just how good she looked, the words getting stuck in , the word beautiful couldn't even begin to measure her beauty. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that." Attractive stranger breathed, and Seulgi realised just how soft and euphonious her voice sounded. "Here you go. My name is Irene, and I think we're neighbours? Though we've never met before, nice to meet you." She gave a small smile and Seulgi thinks she forgot how to breathe, receiving the fallen books from Irene, she gave an introduction about herself too, before the other woman rushed off after receiving a call and shooting an apologetic smile at Seulgi. Leaving Seulgi dazed and feeling a little more complete. Maybe she would give love another chance afterall, she thought.

She didn't expect to see Irene so soon after that first encounter, especially not like this. At 2am with a thunderstorm brewing and Irene looking so fragile, in an oversized tee that comes down to mid thigh, watery eyes and hands cupping her ears, attempting to block out the loud thunder. Her smaller body cra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter