prom night

prom night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chan sighed. he was already sweating. he was beyond nervous. tonight was supposed to be the most wonderful night of his life, and he was having a ing panic attack. he had barely even started getting ready yet; it was only 5:30. 

as soon as he caught his breath, he dried his hair and washed his face. in the midst of rinsing off his cleanser, someone knocked on his door.

"," he muttered, searching for a towel, but not succeeding, "just a minute!" 

he felt his way to the door, and opened it. he was just barely able to open his left eye, but he could tell it was minghao. he had his suit in a tall black bag.

"woah there, are you having a or something?" minghao asked, walking past chan. 

"well hello to you too!" he said, finally deciding to just wipe his face on his shirt. 

"so, i have a question. answer honestly, okay?" minghao said, walking into his bathroom. he hung up his suit and sat on his bathroom counter.

"okay, i'm listening." chan assured, walking back into his bathroom. he turned his straightener on a low setting, and grabbed his make up bag.

"i think jun wants to... you know, do the do tonight and I don't know if i'm ready for all that. how do you think i should say that?" he inquired, picking up chan's mini beauty blender and squeezing it. 

"i think," he paused, straightening a tiny little piece of his hair, "you shouldn't say anything until it's suggested. like, cross that bridge when it comes." 

"yeah. but what if he thinks i'm like... leading him on or something? wouldn't that be bad?" minghao worried aloud.

"no, i don't really think so. i think he'll understand." chan concluded, dotting a little bit of his matte bb cream all over his face.

jun and minghao had always had this weird thing. they just knew eachother perfectly, some how, although they'd only met 2 years ago.

minghao nodded and watched chan get ready for a few more minutes, before there was another knock on the door. this time, it was a frantic one. 

"i got it," minghao said, hopping off his counter. 

"hey es! it's me!" hollered seungkwan, apparently letting himself in. "chan, where do you want my suit?" he asked, peaking his head into the bathroom.

"up there," he pointed to the shower curtain rod, "with everyone else's." 

seungkwan obliged, and put his pink bag up there, with the other two. 

"it's too damn quiet in here hoe, we need some bangers." he said, running out to the living room. 

he grabbed chan's speaker and blasted a playlist of the top 100 hip hop songs, and the three all got ready together. 

"honestly though, you can't say you're a part of this friend group unless you've been twerked on by seungkwan." minghao stated, getting chan's 'trophy wife' highlighter from his drawer. the three all laughed at that for a while, before seungkwan's favorite song, 7/11 by beyoncé, came on.

they all chanted "aye," in unison as seungkwan did the dance perfectly, whilst doing his makeup. it wouldn't be a squad gathering without someone throwing down beforehand. 

the music was so loud that they didn't hear jeonghan knock on the door. 

"hey gang!" he said, hanging his dress up on chan's shower curtain rod. 

a chorus of 'hey's was heard as jeonghan took his place at the counter. 

"oh yeah, we never got to see your dress for this year!" seungkwan said, realizing as he looked at the black bag. 

it was basically a tradition for jeonghan to wear a dress. he was pretty enough to be a girl, and he really did look cute in dresses.

"no one has, because it's gotta be a surprise. i'm going out with a bang this year, ladies." it was jeonghan's senior year thus year. they were all sad to see him and seungcheol go, but they were proud at the same time. 

"can we at least know the color? i wanna know how we're doing your eye makeup this year." minghao asked, observing the bag. 

chan owned over 25 expensive pallettes, so he could basically coordinate with whatever anyone wore. they called him a beauty guru, because he was so good at makeup.

"it's pink. couldn't forget about the glitter, either." jeonghan explained. 

"well then, we should get started if we're gonna get you done before 7:30." seungkwan suggested.

and with that, they started. it was going to take a while, considering they were going full out this year. 

in the midst of all of this, wonwoo arrived with jihoon. they weren't exactly interested in doing jeonghan's make up, so they sat and watched tv until they were done. 

by 6:45, everyone's make up was done, and it was time for suits and the dress. 

chan's living room was filled with half-baked boys as they all got dressed. minghao had chosen a simple black suit with a red pocket swatch; simple, yet affective. seungkwan, of course, wore a pink suit and a black tie. chan wore a black iridescent suit with a matte black tie. wonwoo wore a navy blue suit and a white bowtie (at mingyu's request, of course). and jihoon wore a black suit and a baby blue tie. him and joshua were going as "friends" again this year, but they still had to match, of course.

jeonghan, as per usual, had to change in the bathroom because he had to make a grand entrance. 

"seungkwan, come here and zip me up if you're a real one." jeonghan said, only peaking his eyes out of the bathroom door. 

"i got you, boo." he said, as he jumped over wonwoo's shoes to get to the door. 

as soon as he walked in, a loud screech was heard from the bathroom. 

"holy ing ! is there a little girl in there?" jihoon asked.

"guys? are you good?" chan yelled from the corner. 

"y'all..." seungkwan paused, wiping imaginary tears, "our mother looks so good."

four sighs of relief were heard after it was confirmed that everyone was alive and well. 

after everyone was fully dressed, they sat in the living room and waited for jeonghan to come out and make his grand entrance. 

"hurry up, i can't wait any longer! i have to pee!" yelled chan, slightly irritated at how long it was taking him. 

after another two minutes, the bathroom door opened. 

jeonghan looked beautiful, to say the least. his dress was form fitting, and had light pink glitter everywhere. it even had a leg cut out. he wore white heels and his eye makeup was almost the exact same color. 

"how do i look?" jeonghan asked, smiling. 

"like a full ten course meal." seungkwan said, in awe. it was now 7:15, and chan's bladder was going to explode. 

after he used the bathroom, minghao announced that their rides were there. the other half of the group had planned on the dinner part, so they didn't know where they were going. 

"i swear to god if they take us to Ikea like that one twitter couple, i will bit their off." seungkwan threatened. 

the group walked down the stairs to the lobby of the apartment complex, and met their boyfriends ("friends" in jihoon and joshua's case) down stairs. 

seungcheol almost fainted at the sight if his boyfriend; seeing him all prettied up never got old.

hansol nearly screamed when he saw seungkwan in his beautiful pink suit, and a loud slap could be heard. seungkwan's face turned the color of his suit. hansol "had to get just one in," apparently. they really were that couple.

wonwoo and mingyu shared a particularly long kiss as soon as they saw eachother. mingyu whispered something in wonwoo's ear that made him blush; no one wanted to know what that something was.

jun and minghao grabbed eachother's hands immediately, only pecking lips for a quick second. minghao was always shy in public, and jun knew this, of course.

jihoon and joshua, usually awkward in the group settings, just watched the couples. they were happy to see their friends happy. chan did notice, however, that joshua had his hand dangerously close to jihoon's for being "friends," but he didn't say anything.

as soon as chan saw soonyoung, his breath was taken away. he wore a slick black suit and a iridescent black tie. he didn't even question how soonyoung knew what he was wearing to coordinate. his mouth hung open a bit, because he truly was in awe. 

soonyoung's purple hair was perfectly done, which he had guessed was mingyu's doing. he had honestly never seen anyone more hansome than his very own boyfriend. at that moment, he felt like the luckiest boy in the world. 

"oh my gosh, chan, you look..." soonyoung paused, gesturing towards him, "ing amazing. how did i even get such a bad ?" 

chan's cheeks burned at the compliment, but he smiled and thanked him nevertheless. the smallest compliment from soonyoung could do so many things to chan. it was unbelievable.

"alright party people, it's time to go!" seokmin announced, cheerfully. he looked really good too, even without a date. 

everyone piled into the cars, and then they were on their way to have dinner. 

in one car (joshua's old mini van), seungkwan, hansol, seokmin, jihoon, mingyu, wonwoo, and of course joshua, piled in. it was hard to be anything but annoyed at seungkwan and jihoon's ing at eachother, but they got over it when joshua blasted apple bottom jeans to drown out their argument. 

in the other car, jun, minghao, seungcheol, jeonghan, chan, and soonyoung had a peaceful ride. apparently soonyoung had noticed how tense chan was, so he grabbed his hand. the two had chosen to sit all the way in the third row, so they were somewhat hidden. 

"it'll all be fine, channie. don't worry. i'm here and ready to party." soonyoung tried to calm him down, but just ended up making him giggle. 

chan turned, suddenly, leaving their faces about an inch apart. chan looked down at his boyfriend's perfect lips and sighed, knowing that he couldn't do what he'd like to do, considering they were in a car full of people.

they were interrupted by the slamming of the breaks and the car turning off, which indicated that they were at their destination.

"we're here ladies, pile on out!" seungcheol announced, putting the keys in his pocket. 

chan was forced to rip his gaze away from the love of his life once again. he got out, trying not to blush when soonyoung nonchalantly smacked his on the way out. 

they held hands all the way into the restaurant—texas road house, he'd found out. 

the other half of the crew were already sitting inside, waiting for the table. all eyes were on jeonghan as they walked in. half stairing because lord he looked beautiful, and the other half confused as to why there was a boy wearing a pink dress in a restaurant. either way, he loved the attention.

the waiting area was a small box shaped room with two claw machines, a wrap around bench to sit on, and peanut shells everywhere. 

of course, hansol and seungkwan played the claw machines until the group was taken to their table. it was funny how childish they could be sometimes.

they all ate about seven rolls before the food came out, which wasn't surprising. 

"i'd like to make a toast!" soonyoung shouted randomly, making half the table jump in surprise. " to my beautiful boy, chan," he put his hand on chan's thigh, which made him turn a hint red, "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter