' LEVEL ONE '

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

' LEVEL ONE '

 

Braids or no braids?

 

Seo Kyungri contemplated as she stared at her mirror image. Playing with the end of her braided hair, she tilted her head slightly to the left, pursuing her plum lips together in thought. Braids gave her the innocent, sweet image, but it would definitely clash with the outfit she had on. Salmon pink blouse, front tucked into denim waist high shorts, finished with her favorite black-and-white Adidas sneakers. She could keep the braids and just toss on a jean jacket but she was going for more of the "I woke up this morning and threw on whatever I could find", but at the same that she wanted to look like she actually put an effort in it.

 

Groaning, she sat on the edge of her bed and threw herself back.

 

She had to look absolutely perfect. It was the first day of college and not only was she trying to impress her newfound colleagues, but also the love of her life. He knew she looked good, so she told herself. She wasn't going to slack because they weren't in high school. The fact that they weren't in high school made her want to look more impressive. Curling her hands into a fist, she slammed them against the bed. "That's it!"

 

Getting up, she stood in front of the full-length mirror once again. Undoing the hair tie, Kyungri ran her fingers through the braids softly, letting the loose curls free. Slightly ruffling her hair, she smiled to herself. Her recently dyed amber brown hair really showed her clear complexion. Seeing how good she looked, Kyungri gave a small squeal. Pulling out her iPhone from the back of her shorts, she quickly took a selca before grabbing her bag and key.

 

She looked good and felt good, she was sure it was going to be the perfect day. Running out to the kitchen, Kyungri quickly came to a halt before rushing back to her room. "Almost forgot it," She gasped before opening her desk drawer and pulled out the light pink shaded envelope. Gripping the edges of the envelope, she gave a small kiss to it before smiling. Today was the day, she was going to confess her love to the love of her life. And she could feel it in her guts that today was the day he was going to finally accept it. "Oh please, please." She squeezed her eyes shut.

 

"Kyungri, you're going to be late!" a deep male voice called out. 

 

"I'm coming!" She shouted back before squeezing her eyes shut again. "Please, please, let today be the day." She quickly whispered to herself before shoving the envelope into her bag carefully. "Don't leave without me!" She screamed as she ran out of her room and to her apartment-mate.

 

"Next time, I'm leaving without you. And can you please, take out the trash? It's your turn," He shook his head. "How do you expect us to live together if you can't do your part of the chores-"

 

"Ah ah!" Kyungri waved her finger in front of her apartment-mate's face. "Listen here, don't be going out just blurting out the words 'living together' so carelessly. I'm a young, attractive female in her prime. If you say that in front of others, they'll get the wrong idea and I do not need any misunderstandings happening, got it? Especially not this year."

 

"I didn't know I was living with an attractive female. When did we get another roommate?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter