Talk To Baek & Soo!

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun Reacts to Their Fanfics (Special)

 

 

“Wow, this is real. I thought Eudene was joking.”

"I know, I feel like I'm being investigated in this room."

Sitting beside each other, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo awkwardly glance at the interviewer who’s none other than their friend, Park Chanyeol himself. “Okay, first of all. . . I’m a hundred percent sure you’re not Eudene’s favorite at all so I don’t know why you even have a role on this special.” Baekhyun laughs while Kyungsoo tries to hide it while shaking his head. “Yah, Eudene has a secret mostly unconscious crush on me that she never reveals to anyone nor admits to herself. Her mind brought me here. Let’s just do this, okay?” Chanyeol argues back before looking down to his cue card.

“Okay so I would go straight to the point. We’re all here to talk about your roles in all of Eudene’s fanfics.”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun glances at each other while nodding. “Like all of it, including her deleted stories? Cause that. . . might take a while.” Kyungsoo makes sure while scratching his neck. “No, don’t worry. She said we won’t have to go too deep in some areas.” Chanyeol assures them before clearing his throat to get started. “So, you two have always been the centers of her stories, am I right?” He starts with an obvious question. “That’s right, although—” Baekhyun runs his fingers through his hair. “—I would have to admit, as much as it hurts me, she prefers Kyungsoo.” He says.

Kyungsoo only smiles, holding himself from laughing.

Being the quiet and reserved guy that he is.

“Kyungsoo-yah, let me ask you. Is it hard taking the roles she gave you?” Chanyeol asks letting Kyungsoo speak this time. “I think. . . she usually ends up giving me the more complicated roles than Baekhyun. Although with Baekhyun, she always gave him the funniest and most carefree fanfics.” Kyungsoo explains as much as he could while chuckling, still rubbing his neck. “Not all though, I’ve had some stories where it’s pretty tough too. Like Back to Square One and Boundless, those stories were pretty. . . realistic that it’s actually harder to portray.” Baekhyun butts in while nodding along. “Uhm—I wanna say WANTED: Daddy’s Love is hard too? I mean, I was a single father there and my character was pretty. . . intense too.” He adds.

Chanyeol nods before moving on through his cue card.

“Okay, so. . . you two should answer one at a time, which character you have portrayed would you say was the hardest?”

Baekhyun tilts his head as he slumps himself in deep thought. “Can I go first? I don’t think I need to think too hard on this one.” Kyungsoo raises his hand with his embarrassed laugh. “Yeah, honestly I kind of have a feeling of what you’re going to answer.” Chanyeol laughs back while nodding. “Yeah. So—it has to be Mind Over Matter.” Kyungsoo answers immediately and everyone laughed while nodding in agreement. He laughs while looking down, completely embarrassed of even remembering his role in the story. “Yeah. . . he’s just ing awful there.” Baekhyun sighs earning a quick glare from Kyungsoo. “No—I mean, he portrayed it so perfectly that’s why he’s so awful. I mean the character, did you see it—do you even have any idea how cocky he was there?” Baekhyun begins ranting making Chanyeol laugh uncontrollably.

“But I heard it kind of did well though?”

“Yes, I believe so.” Kyungsoo nods, controlling himself from laughing again. “Your OC there is Miss Han Iseul right? Would you say she’s the most memorable OC you’ve ever had?” Chanyeol asks. Kyungsoo clears his throat while thinking. “No doubt, Han Iseul played by Park Boyoung made a great pair with me. It was really meaningful, we did it pretty well but personally, and I know this might surprise some of the readers, but Kim Jiwon. . .” Kyungsoo answers unfinished while chuckling.

“The —that’s my OC. Can we not steal OC’s here please? You have a lot more than I do.” Baekhyun nudges him hard making him laugh even more. “No no no—wait, let me explain. I’m talking about the story P.S. I Stalk U. I was the second lead there where she was my best friend and I was in love with her.” Kyungsoo explains clearly enough making Baekhyun calm back down to his seat. “Like in terms of the memorable roles I shared with an OC, it was being the second lead who doesn’t get the happy ending that’s the most memorable for me, I think.” He adds while nodding, satisfied with his explanation. “That’s quite surprising, personally I think Han iseul was unbeatable. I think everyone would agree to that, right?” Chanyeol asks earning a quick nod from Baekhyun as well.

“Well. . . I’d say Park Hara from Married To The Nerdy Boy and Beauty and the Nerd is on the same level as Han Iseul. I think they were the most effective OC’s I’ve ever had. I mean that’s my opinion, all of my OC’s were really good but those two made the biggest impact, I guess?” Kyungsoo answers as he leans more comfortably on the chair. “In terms of appeal, which OC do you think is the hottest?” Chanyeol then asks with his growing smile. Kyungsoo scratches his head while glancing at Baekhyun. “M-my OC’s only?” He asks earning another glare from Baekhyun. “Yah, don’t even try.” He warns making the guy laugh.

“Why why why~ who would you answer if it can be anyone’s OC?”

Kyungsoo laughs to himself for a while before getting back his composure. “Sarah Jacobs., played by the beautiful Shannon Williams.” He says while holding his grin. “I ing knew it.” Baekhyun grunts while shaking his head. “Oh c’mon dude. Let him be, you were able to do naughty stuffs with Sarah in the story, it should be okay for other guys to find her y, right?” Chanyeol tries to comfort the jealous guy. “You have a point there.” Baekhyun replies with his growing smile, looking at Kyungsoo as if mocking him. “You can’t mock me, I had Park Hara.” Kyungsoo answers almost immediately making Chanyeol burst out of laughter seeing Baekhyun’s sudden defeated face.

“W-well at least I’m not always a nerd.” Baekhyun mocks back. “Eudene can’t think of any other profession for you so you’re stuck with photography.” Kyungsoo roasts the guy real hard and Chanyeol couldn’t even move on to the interview as he was laughing too much already. “And look who’s talking, Doctor Penguin who confuses love for alien parasites?!” Baekhyun fights back while raising an eyebrow. “Okay okay guys, we need to move on. Don’t fight.” Chanyeol manages to hold himself back up on the chair while fixing his shirt.

“Okay, moving on with Baekhyun. This is a question from the author herself. Why do you always get your OC’s pregnant unplanned?”

Kyungsoo covers his mouth while laughing silently at the first question for the guy. “What the —seriously? Is the purpose of this interview to bully me?” Baekhyun asks with a defeated, hurt tone. “Okay first of, it’s her ing decision to make me a playboy most of the time. And second it was only. . . uhm. . . Jiwon on Push and Pull, Jiwon on Gotta Be Yours, Saera on Boundless. . . uhm. . . Sarah wasn’t planned but we were living together for a long time already in that period of the story so it wasn’t really like. . . a huge mistake or something so I don’t think that counts and there might be more but I don’t really remember. I jus—I don’t know why Eudene has such image for me.” Baekhyun explains while shaking his head, showing his really disappointed face. “And I’m always talkative in his story like sometimes I just wanna shut myself up whenever I have lines.” He adds in frustration making both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo laugh.

“But you are talkative!”

“I know, that’s why I used to think he could have pulled off Mind Over Matter better, to be honest.” Kyungsoo suddenly says getting all their attention. “I mean, the male lead there is just too. . . proud and straightforward, says so much things. It was really hard for me to do it actually, he could have done that effortlessly.” He says and laughs seeing Baekhyun shaking his head eagerly, not agreeing with what he just said. “Yeah I know, that was a hard role, what was the most memorable line in Mind Over Matter again?” Chanyeol asks, now starting to jump to questions from Kyungsoo to Baekhyun, ignoring the pattern. “It has to be the confession. It gave me nightmares.” Baekhyun answers suddenly making Kyungsoo look at him.

“You weren’t even there.” Kyungsoo hisses back. “Hello?~ I don’t have to be there. Everyone knows that infamous confession, I don’t feel normal anymore, I’m weird and I’m superior so I don’t know how human confessions work blah blah blah I have alien parasites can I eliminate you as NOT MY GIRLFRIEND, like what the is going on.” Baekhyun mocks, trying to imitate the lines as much as he could. Kyungsoo laughs while clapping his hands hearing how Baekhyun tried to do it in a crappy way. “I heard he had to retake it for eleven times.” Baekhyun adds earning a shocked expression from Chanyeol.

“Yeah, it’s not the lines but it was the. . .aura that I had to have that was hard to get out of me.” Kyungsoo explains. “Like. . . I need to be romantic but I need to maintain my character which is not romantic. It was really hard, I also needed to make the lines seem like. . . how do I say it, uhm. . . make it seem like I am more worried of how love is affecting me physically more than. . . actually anticipating of what will Han Iseul would say, that kind of aura.” He adds while nodding.

“So. . . Shin Hana and Byun Baekhyun came out from Mind Over Matter too right?”

Baekhyun nods immediately. “Yup, Shin Hana was played by Soyou whom later on played the role of Kim Jiwon because the original Kim Jiwon wasn’t available for the role.” He explains. “Ohh, interesting. And then you two had a collaboration song for real after the story?” Chanyeol asks. “Yes, as funny as it sounds, we actually did. Eudene went ape-.” Baekhyun answers in between chuckles. “How many stories of yours have been featured on Asianfanfics by the way?” Chanyeols asks. “I only have two. Married To the Nerdy Boy and Mind Over Matter.” Kyungsoo answers first. “I almost had some. I think P.S. I Stalk U was featured, then Push and Pull almost did until she deleted it. Her old stories from her two other accounts. . . most of them had quite a number of votes actually like a little more time needed and they could have been featured, such a waste.” Baekhyun says earning a nod from Kyungsoo. “Well she’s been through some stuff so I don’t blame her for it.” He adds.

“She’s that type of person who never feels like she’s accomplished anything. Like she tries her best with everything all the time, even if she doesn’t gain anything from it, but in the end, she still feels like she hasn’t done a good job.” Kyungsoo begins talking about the author. “Yes, I agree. I think that’s what brought her to the point of deleting everything because she wanted to escape from it, she knew she’s getting more and more attached to the stories she has written believing those were the only things that give her purpose and she didn’t want it. She wants to stop thinking that. . . without those stories, she’s nothing. She wanted to help herself at that time and in order to do that, she had to delete everything that’s keeping her attached to her safe zone. She deleted it hoping she could find herself better.” Baekhyun adds along, the atmosphere suddenly getting solemn. “But she failed again. Not once but twice, right?” Chanyeol asks.

“Yes, that’s where the three author accounts came from. No matter how much she tries, she ends up writing and writing and writing again. And her writing is one big sign that she’s back to her depressive state. Am I right, right?” Baekhyun asks looking at Kyungsoo who nodded right away. “Yeah, she writes when she wanted to escape from reality. Technically. . . when she gets depressed she writes so she could make her readers happy. . . then that will make her happy afterwards. And I’ve always been honored to be a part of that win-win situation.” Kyungsoo adds up.  “Yeah, sometimes I find her pathetic.” Baekhyun sighs while leaning on his chair. “She always gives us all these roles that. . . obviously, have the personalities that either she wants to take away from her or she wants to have.” He adds.

“I just hope her readers know how much they actually mean to her. She loves talking to them, she treats them like her real best friends.” Kyungsoo says while nodding. “That goof, honestly if I were given a chance to be real right in front of her, just one time? I would probably tell her to stop being pathetic and. . . stop hating herself. She did well. She did well making a few people happy through her own works. She needs to stop. . . wanting to disappear.” Baekhyun grunts earning a light tap from Kyungsoo. “Disappear, you mean?” Chanyeol asks and the two men just shook their heads while smiling. “Anyway, changing the subject. You know Kyungsoo’s current story right now? Taking Chances? I was supposed to have Hyunwoo’s character there. Readers should know that, it was a last minute decision of Eudene to change it.” Baekhyun hisses while rolling his eyes.

Kyungsoo nods while chuckling.

“She said it would be too hard to decide between us.” Kyungsoo explains. “I know but I can totally pull the Hyunwoo character off which by the way, if readers are curious, Hyunwoo is actually based on Eudene’s real-life fiancé. Like 85% of Hyunwoo is technically her fiancé and I think that is such a -move on her fiancé if Kyungsoo actually wins Taeri over. It’s like she’s literally choosing Kyungsoo over her fiancé, right?” Baekhyun spills making everyone laugh. “Are you giving a spoiler?” Chanyeol asks. “No no, it’s not like that at all. Good Lord, you need to stop listening to him.” Kyungsoo argues back while laughing. “Woah—Prof Do came out! What the hell?” Baekhyun points at him. “Oh god, because of all the unnecessary adlibs, we have lost track of time. It’s time to say goodbye. Eudene said you two should give out your own messages for the readers out there who’s able to witness this special interview.” Chanyeol cuts them off.

“You go first, you’re more popular.” Baekhyun taps Kyungsoo who only rolled his eyes in return. “Okay anyway. . .” Kyungsoo fixes himself up before looking straight to the readers’ direction. “I sincerely want to thank you for everyth—“Prof Do mode~ Prof Do mode~” Baekhyun suddenly begins chanting earning a small yet very painful pinch from Kyungsoo. “Ya—aaw! Can you not?!” Baeklhyun stands up to get away from him. “Anyway, where was I? Oh. . . so I want to thank you for always supporting Eudene’s stories. She wants to let you know that she will try her best to improve to give you better stories in the future. And she told me to tell you that. . . she’s always open to talk to anyone of you, she promises to never be a snub because she knows how it feels to be ignored and rejected so she always tries her best to be as active and friendly as she can. You guys are awesome thank you so much.” Kyungsoo finishes off his message while clapping his head.

Next goes Baekhyun who stood up walking closer to the direction of the readers. He clears his throat before finally speaking,

“I promise I’ll convince Eudene to finish off my stories. No, scratch that. . . I will beg if I have to. Thank you.”