One

Insecurities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “Joohyun…”

    “Yeah?”

    “What am I to you?”

    “What do you mean?”

    The black-haired girl shifted in bed, propping herself up on her side to look at her partner. Jennie turned her head and locked eyes with Joohyun.

    “I mean like… what are we, exactly?”

    Joohyun was silent for a bit before letting out a sigh.

Jennie knew the answer, yet she was still dumb enough to ask. It was borderline masochistic. Then again, so was a relationship with Bae Joohyun; better known as Bae Irene to the public. It was a constant tightrope of uncertainty, a balancing act of epic proportions, one that left Jennie feeling hollow and used, but always craving more. She understood the older girl’s hesitance, to an extent. They were both idols, and as everyone knew, dating scandals were a constant threat. Not to mention the fact that it was a homoual dating scandal. , Jennie could almost see the headlines now: “Blackvelvet: The Secret Dating Life of Red Velvet’s Irene and Blackpink’s Jennie!”, or something equally as ridiculous. It would be a disaster.

But clearly Joohyun was willing to take that risk, or at least some of it, if they were still here. If they were still laying there in the dark, nubile bodies coated in sweat, breaths still coming heavy after their hour-long bedroom dance. And still, it never felt like Joohyun was all in for it. There was very little communication between the two outside of a text or two from the older girl, letting Jennie know where to meet her and when, always reminding her to keep her head down, to stay hidden, to wear as many concealing layers of clothing as she could. It was exhausting. Even more so than the life of an idol was in general.

“Well, normally, me and you, we’re nothing,” Joohyun murmured, reaching out and pulling Jennie close to her, even as the brunette’s heart dropped to her stomach from the scathing words she’d just heard, “But when we’re together, in the dark, with nobody else around… it’s different.”

Joohyun took Jennie into an embrace, folding her arms around the younger girl’s shoulders. Jennie allowed it, burying her face in Joohyun’s s and shutting her eyes. Their bodies pressed together so perfectly, as if they were built for one another. The brunette lifted her leg about so that Joohyun could intertwine herself with her. The closer they were, the better.

“What do you mean by different?” Jennie asked.

“You know what I mean,” Joohyun said, and Jennie could feel her hands - those absolutely enchanting hands of hers - dancing their way up and down her back, ghosting over her shoulder blades, giving her goosebumps.

“I don’t, Joohyun,” Jennie tried to put a bit of forcefulness into her voice, but found that it was damn near impossible while the older girl her like this, “You always dodge the question, with all those cryptic responses… I want a straight answer.”

“Or what?” Joohyun whispered sinisterly, bringing her head down so that she was less than an inch from Jennie’s ear, “Tell me. What are the consequences of me not giving you a straight answer?”

“I-oh…” Jennie was cut off as the older girl nibbled on her earlobe, gradually working her way down, pressing a single fleeting kiss to the edge of Jennie’s jaw before returning to the position they were in previously. Joohyun settled her chin atop Jennie’s head and started running her fingers through Jennie’s hair.

“That’s what I thought,” Joohyun murmured.

“N-no,” Jennie hissed, pulling herself out of the older girl’s grasp, sitting up in bed and looking down at the seductive godde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter