FLOWERS (Kim Taedong x Choi Minki)

Playing With Fire


Theme: buying flowers for the others
Pairing: Kim Taedong x Choi Minki
Author notes: This story is a continuation of the previous story, so you should read the previous story first.

STORY STARTS

 

Kim Taedong never knew his decision of going into a survival show that their agency offers him will really changed his life.

 

At first, he doesn't want to deal with another show because he already failed once and if he failed with this show again, then maybe he should stop dreaming about being an idol and go back to Busan with his family.

 

But then his friends told him to just try and he finally agreed to join the survival show, hoping that he can finally succeed.

 

He never knew that he would met someone that will brighten his days in that show.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Taedong can still remember his nervousness the moment they were called to join the others at their first recording. Everyone seems so good at dancing and singing.

 

He knew that this won't be that easy. He also heard that there's a group that already debuted but decided to joined this show too.

 

The other trainees are talking about them and saying about how it's really unfair for an idol group members to join this show because they have the experiences that the other trainees don't have.

 

Taedong didn't pay much attention to that, even though he once think like that too, but he remembered the moments when he failed the other survival show before this. There must be a reason why those idols joined this survival show.

 

The moment when they're on stage and doing the performances, Taedong couldn't hide his admiration. Indeed, this idol group has so much experiences than them, their visuals are amazing.

 

Taedong also thought that as an idol, they probably won't be as friendly as the others. But that thought is really wrong.

 

That night, Taedong haven't sleep at all, he's been thinking about their first group performances and he's really nervous with that.

 

Especially after a member of his group had to withdraw from the show, that made his group have to re-arrange everything from the start again with a very limited time.

 

Taedong put his hands on his head, "aaargh, I can't stop thinking about it."

 

"About what?" Suddenly another voice startled him.

 

Taedong rise his head up and see someone smiles warmly to him. He know this person. He's from the Pledis idol group.

 

Choi Minki.

 

"What are you thinking of?" He asks again while taking a seat in front of Taedong.

 

"Oh... It's just..... Well... I'm thinking about the performances."

 

"Are you feeling nervous?" Minki asks.

 

Taedong nods. "I once joined a show similar to this, but I failed. All of my friends in the same group got eliminated. I'm afraid that something like that will happened again."

 

"So you've got experiences too," Minki said, "it's normal to feel nervous but don't let that fear stops you from doing your best on your performance."

 

"I don't know what to do..."

 

"Just stay focus on your performance." Minki smiles. "Honestly, I'm feeling nervous too."

 

"You do? But you already have more experience than me."

 

Minki laugh, "that doesn't mean I'm not feeling nervous. Everytime we're going to perform, I feel like that too. I'm really afraid that we made a mistake. And ever since I joined this, I also afraid that we're not good enough, you know, our burden is getting heavier because people expected us to be the best among the other trainees." Minki smiles sadly.

 

He looks so vulnerable and Taedong could see a hint of sadness in his eyes.

 

It makes him feeling guilty for thinking that it's unfair for his group to join this show.

 

"Anyway, let's do our best, okay." Minki smiles again and patted his shoulder before leaving.

 

Taedong could only see him as he walks away.

 

Choi Minki.

 

He will remember him from now.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Even though they never ended up in the same team, he can still talk to Minki when they're in their break time. Luckily, Taedong's new friends seems to be close to Minki, so he can use an excuses like accompanying his friend so he can meet Minki.

 

Minki have a beautiful smile. Although his face is really pretty, but he can look manly too.

 

That combination of beautiful and fierce look is what makes Minki more attractive and Taedong have to admit that he really interested with Minki.
He wants to get close to Minki.

 

Minki always greet him with that charming smile and this is the first time for Taedong to be really interested with a guy.

 

He smiles at Minki who cheerfully talking to his friends. Minki is really a nice person.

 

He once heard one of the trainees said that if he was a girl, he'll definitely makes Minki his boyfriend.

 

Taedong agreed with that. If only Minki is a girl, he'll be asking him to be his girlfriend now. Or maybe he doesn't need to be a girl after all. He'll accept Minki whatever he is.

 

Then suddenly he feels something cringe and as he turns around, he could see fellow Minki's group members, Kim Jonghyun, glaring at him without saying anything before he talk to someone else.

 

'What's wrong with that guy? Why he's glaring at me?' But Taedong trying to ignore that.

 

Until one night, Taedong accidentally seeing Jonghyun and Minki talking in a corridor that lead to the backyard.

 

"Why are you mad at me?" Jonghyun asks.

 

"I'm not mad at you, aren't you the one that said we shouldn't be that close again?" Minki replies. He's about to leave when Jonghyun hugs him from behind.

 

"We have to, we can't create any scandals here, but you should know that I still love you. Even though I can't show it to you right now. I love you, Minki."

 

Minki smiles and turns around to caressed Jonghyun's face. "I love you too."

 

Taedong takes a step back and just stay quiet after hearing those words. So, Minki and Jonghyun are dating.

 

They loved each other and that explains why Jonghyun is glaring at him all the time when he wants to get close to Minki.

 

He turns around and wants to get back to his room, feeling his heart break into pieces when he knows that Minki already in love with someone else.

 

He doesn't even realized that there's someone standing in front of the door that lead to his room until he bumped into that someone.

 

"Taedong-hyung?"

 

Taedong stares at that person. It's Kim Donghan, his roommates and also his group members.

 

"What's wrong? You look as if you want to cry."

 

"Nothing," Taedong smiles.

 

"You can always talk to me if you have a problem." Donghan said.

 

"Thanks, Donghan, but I'm alright now." He have to pretend that he's okay.

 

Just like Minki and Jonghyun that decided to hide their relationship, he also have to hide his feeling toward Minki. No one should know about this.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Once again, Taedong failed to get into the final, but Minki managed to be in the top 20.


He looks so beautiful now with his brown hair, his perfectly white skin and his heart-shaped pink lips.

If only he's not belong to someone else, Taedong will really make a move to him. He feels envy with Jonghyun right now. He really wants to be a special person for Minki too.

"It's alright, Taedong-hyung, we already did our best," Donghan trying to encourage him.

Taedong can only nods as he already imagine the boss in his agency will be mad at him because he's failed. The boss already made Ha Minho leaves due to a scandal and Taedong can only wonder what he's going to do with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In this era, rumour spread faster than the words of truth. Once you have a bad rumour about yourself, then your career will be down in no time.

That's what happened with Taedong. His decision of wanting to leave his agency results with the bad news spreading about him.

It's stressed him out. All of his hard-works and his dreams to debut with his friends seems like shattered into pieces.

He doesn't know what to do anymore. He doesn't have the guts to meet his friends. He rejected Donghan's calls and decided to change his number.
He's hitting the rock bottom of his life.

He's even thinking of jumping to the Han river that day, until he heard something not too far from him.

Seems like there's a fan meeting and lots of girls are coming.

Taedong doesn't know why but he suddenly walks to that crowd.

The girls are screaming even louder when a car stops and two men coming out from the car.

He widen his eyes when he see that those two men are Kim Jonghyun and Choi Minki.

Minki seems more healthy now and more beautiful than the last time he met him.

Taedong decided to join in the crowd, just to get a chance to talk with Minki. He keep his mask on and he's lucky enough to still be on the list to meet both Jonghyun and Minki. It might seem weird for a guy to be on a cosmetic store, so he have to find an excuses if someone asks why he's here.

And he's guessing is right, Minki smiles and asks him why he's here.

"I'm buying this for my girlfriend," Taedong answers, he still insists of keeping his mask on.

"That's really nice," Minki smiles sweetly and write his signature, but Taedong just freezes out, staring at the smile that he really missed all this time.

He doesn't even care when Jonghyun seems uneasy because he repeatedly staring at Minki before he leaves. He realized it now, his feeling toward Minki still haven't changed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A year has passed and Taedong starts his career back from zero again.

He's not attached with any agencies and back to be a street dancer again, hoping that his talent will caught a good or even a big agency to contact him.

Besides doing the street dancing, he also work in his older sister's shop.

He also start a relationship with Donghan, but it's now on the edge when he caught him flirting with Hyunbin.

They're on a fight because of that and Donghan also found out about his 'obsession' towards Minki.

Taedong just couldn't hide it anymore and finally saying the truth, that he really likes Minki.

He knows that it will only make his relationship with Donghan crumbles apart and he also have to think about the possibility of Donghan telling Minki about his feeling.

But he just can't lie to Donghan anymore. Sooner or later, Donghan will find out about his feeling to Minki and he doesn't want to covered it anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Taedong is still browsing around some sites to find another job for him, when he accidentally read a news about Kim Jonghyun.

He clicked on the news and it goes to a fansite that saying Jonghyun have a girlfriend.

'OP said that she is having a dinner in a restaurant when she see Jonghyun sitting on a corner, and she's really shocked to see him talking to a girl, sometimes he smiled, laugh and even holding the girl's hand. The thing that makes OP sure they're dating is that Jonghyun seems to caressed her face when they're talking, so romantic.'

Taedong leans his back to the chair, almost couldn't believe with the news that he just read.

If Jonghyun dating a girl, then what about his relationship with Minki?

Did they broke up? Or could it be that he's cheating on Minki?

What kind of stupid guy who would cheat on someone like Minki?

He clenched his fist, trying to hold down his emotion, because right now, he really wants to meet Jonghyun and punched him if he really cheated on Minki. But if he do that, more bad news about him will spread like a fire.

Should he comes to Minki's agency and seeing what he's been doing now?

But what if Minki is not there?

After a few moments of thinking, Taedong decided to take his jacket and leave his apartment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Taedong holds the bouquet of white roses and red carnations, along with a lily of the valley. He also brought a white rabbit stuffed doll with a message 'please don't be sad anymore. I just want to see you smile because your smile means everything to me.'

He doesn't write his name, only his initial, on the message and he quickly put it on the stairs in front of Pledis building.

He walks away from that place just in time when someone suddenly get out from the building.

It's Minki.

He notices the bouquet of flowers and the doll. He grabs it, read the messages and staring around, looking for someone who might put these gifts. But he couldn't find it because Taedong already hides behind a wall, watching him with a smile on his face.

It's a Christmas gift for Minki and he feels glad that Minki himself is the first one that find his gifts.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Almost a year later

"Here's the thing that you request, Dongie!" Taedong's older sister give him a handmade white rabbit doll, already wrapped in a cute birthday box.

"Thanks, you're the best," Taedong gives a hug to his sister before leaving her house.

His sister is good with handmade stuff and he's really sure that Minki will like this birthday gift. He also stops by in a flower shop to buy a bouquet of flower, like usual, white roses, lily of the valley and gardenia, because the shopkeeper said that gardenia has a meaning of a secret love.

It's night-time already and he arrived exactly at midnight in front of the Pledis building. He put the flowers and the gifts on the stairs.

"Happy birthday, hyung. I hope someday I can have a chance to be with you and celebrate your birthday together." He said that with a smile and he quickly leaves but when he turns around, the door is open and Minki comes out.

He notices the flowers and the gifts first and realized there's someone walking away.

"Hey!" He shouted and that startled Taedong who quickly run away, leaving Minki who seems confused about who's the one that sending him the flower and the gifts.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Taedong wishes comes true when he got a chance from his friend to replace his job because his friend have to attend a family meeting.

His job is to pick Minki on the airport and Taedong wouldn't refuse it because he finally got a chance to be together with Minki.

He already decided that he will confessed about his feeling to Minki, it doesn't matter whether Minki will accept him or not, at least he already speak up about his feeling towards the older.

The moment when he see Minki on the airport, he feels like his heart skip a beat. Minki is so beautiful right now.

Somehow it makes him nervous.

What if Minki already have someone else?

For someone as beautiful as Minki, there must be a lot of girls and even boys that wants to be by his side.

He's like an angel fallen from the heaven.

Taedong takes a deep breath and brave himself to approach Minki.

Luckily, Minki still remembered him and he agreed to go with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Despite his nervousness, Taedong managed to create a normal conversation with Minki.

But then when they're stuck on the congestion, Minki noticed that Jonghyun's car also stuck in the same congestion near them.

Jonghyun noticed Minki too, but there's a girl beside him and Minki quickly told Taedong to take another way so they won't have to meet Jonghyun again.

Minki cried once they are away from Jonghyun and that really makes Taedong wants to protect him, more than before. He doesn't want to see Minki crying like this again.

Jonghyun really hurt him so bad and he hates Jonghyun because of that.

He can only hold Minki's hand that time, wipes his tears and encourage him with his words.

But because of Minki's decision to leave the highway, they got lost.

Taedong is actually feeling tired right now because he just got back from his dance practice session with his friends and to make the situation getting worse: both of his and Minki's phone are dead.

Minki suggested him to take another path but that also lead them to the middle of nowhere.

"I can't believe we're lost." Taedong leans his head on the steering wheel. "And I'm really hungry right now."

Minki takes the bread and shares the bread with Taedong. He explain that he's actually doesn't know which way is the fastest route to his apartment because he used to go back home with his manager or with Jonghyun.

Hearing that name again makes Taedong decided that it's now or never, he really have to confessed his feeling to Minki.

"Hyung, can I be the one to replace Jonghyun-hyung?" He finally said it.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I really like you." There's a relief feeling deep inside of him when he said those words to someone that always on his mind.

Minki doesn't say anything at first, he only stares outside, watching the first snow falling from the sky.

"They said you should make a wish when the first snow is falling," Taedong stares outside too, watching the snow for a few seconds before he stares back at Minki.

"I know that," Minki replies with a smile then closing his eyes, making Taedong couldn't help but staring at his beautiful face.

Then he suddenly touch Minki's lips with his own lips.

Minki widen his eyes and looks so clueless that makes Taedong feels guilty for stealing a kiss from him.

It's quite awkward between them after that. Minki is asking him if he's really sure about his feeling, he even asked him about Donghan but Taedong convinced him that he's really serious about his feeling. He really hopes that Minki will gives him the chance to be someone special for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wishing on the first snow probably bring a miracle to Taedong's life.

He can't believe that he can sleep next to Minki, even more Minki decided to give him a chance to show his love. They even shared a romantic kiss and hugs, like a couple.

Wait, they're really a couple now!

Minki introduced him as his boyfriend to Minhyun and Dongho.
Of course, Minhyun is asking him several questions that might seem like he's interrogating him. But it's been three years since he kept his feeling towards Minki and he feels like he can bear any kind of interrogation from Minhyun as long as he can stay beside Minki.

An incoming video call notification popped up on his phone.

"Hi, hyung," Taedong waves his hand when he see Minki on his phone screen.

"Hi," Minki laugh, "what are you doing now?"

"Oh, I'm just finished chatting with my friend. And you?"

"Just done writing lyrics. Are you going out with your friends tonight?"

Actually, Taedong's friends asking him to go out with them tonight, celebrating the Christmas Eve together.

"Yeah, my friends invites me to join them."

Minki pouts. "I guess I should have spent the Christmas Eve in Busan right now."

"Why?"

"Nothing." Minki is faking his smile. "Have a nice day." Then he ended the call.

Another message arrived on his phone after that. It's from Insoo that asking him to celebrate the Christmas Eve together.

Taedong put his phone on the table and let out a sigh.

Which one that he should choose?

Spending Christmas Eve with his friends or going to Minki's apartment now?

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry, I can't be too long, I have another promise for tonight," Taedong said after spending two hours with his friends.

"Really? With your family?" Insoo asked.

Taedong shakes his head, "nope."

"Don't tell me that you have a date now, Taedongie?" Now it's Woontak who said that.

"Yeah, something like that," Taedong smiles. "Thanks for this great night. Let's hang out again later."

"Bring your date here to meet us too," Insoo said before Taedong leaves them.

Taedong chuckles and waves his hand to all of his friends. They might be really surprised if he takes Minki to join them and introducing Minki as his lover. Woontak wouldn't believe it because he always said that it's almost impossible for him to date Minki.

He really needs to show them that his dream is finally comes true.

But first, he must bring something to Minki.

What is the best thing to give to Minki for a Christmas present?

He's thinking about that without realizing that he already standing in front of a flower shop.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The door bell rings a few times.
Minki hurrily put his cellphone and open the door, "yes?"

"A package for you, sir," someone standing in front of him with a mask on his face and a bouquet of flower on his hand.

Minki accept the flowers, still confused about who's the one that send the flowers. It have the same arrangement like the flowers that he once received before. "Thank you, where should I sign it?"

"You don't have to sign it anywhere, hyung," the person release his mask and that makes Minki laugh, feeling a little bit embarassed because he doesn't recognize that the person is Taedong.

"Merry Christmas, Minki-hyung."

"Thank you so much. Oh, and Merry Christmas for you too." He grabs Taedong's hand and makes him comes in. "I thought you won't come."

"Of course I will come. I won't let you be alone in this special night." Taedong release his coat. "Have you eat dinner?"

"Not yet. Ah! I'm going to make a dinner for you!" Minki put the flower bouquet on the vase and going to the kitchen after that.

"Let me help you."

"No! Just stay there!" Minki shouts from the kitchen.

"Alright," Taedong sits on the sofa, turns on the tv, switching the channels until he got bored.

Luckily, Minki already finished his cooking and bringing out the dish.

"I present you, my special pasta," Minki smiles happily while Taedong could only frown at the look of Minki's weird pasta.


"Come on, taste it." Minki gives Taedong  the fork. "Is it good?"

Taedong slowly received the fork and put that weird pasta into his mouth.

"Hyung! It's salty! And too spicy too!" Taedong quickly grabs the mineral water on the refrigerator.

Then he folded his long-sleeves shirt and goes to the kitchen. "Now let me be the one to cook you the dinner."

"I already follow Aron-hyung recipes," Minki insists but when he taste his own pasta, Taedong is right, this is too spicy.

He put his pasta on the dining table and watch Taedong who is now busy with the ingredients that he needs to cook.

"I think you should teach me how to cook," Minki said with a smile.

"I'll do that later," Taedong replies him with a smile too.

----------------------------------------------------------

After having a great dinner, thanks to Taedong's cooking skill, Minki open a wine and having a cheers with Taedong while sitting on the sofa.

"I remember someone used to sent me a flower bouquet like that. But lately that person doesn't send me that bouquet again," Minki says when he stares at the flowers.

"Of course," Taedong giggles, "he doesn't need to send another flower bouquet, he already got the flower."

"Wait......" Minki just realized the meaning behind Taedong's words. "Are you the one who send it?"

Taedong nods, "the bouquet symbolizes admiration and an innocent love."

Minki lost his words for a while, "I really don't know that you can be so romantic."

Taedong laugh. "Now you know that, right?"

Minki finally smiles, "thank you." He leans his head on Taedong's shoulder, Taedong wraps his arm on Minki's shoulder, pulling him closer.

Minki close his eyes, "thanks for being here with me tonight. I'm really grateful for that."

"I won't let you be alone again, Minki-hyung," Taedong kisses Minki's forehead, "and I'm the one who should be grateful because you're willing to give me a chance to be by your side."

Minki smiles and wrap his arm on Taedong's waist.

Suddenly, Taedong's cellphone rings indicating a new message has arrived.

Taedong reach his cellphone and read the message.

'Taedong-hyung, how are you? I'm sorry if I disturb your time, but I really miss you. Let's meet and talk if you're not busy.

I really hope we can be together like before.

-- Kim Donghan --'


Taedong locked his phone again. Why Donghan must send him a message like that now?

"Who is it?" Minki asks.

"Oh, it's just a friend," Taedong replies.

"Is it okay for you to spend your night with me?" Minki asks once again.

"Hyung, you don't have to think too much about that, I already choose you and we're lovers now, right? Of course, I will make you as my top priority."

"I just don't want to make your friends hates you, or even hates me..."

"No one will hate you, hyung, trust me," Taedong caressed Minki's hair and makes Minki staring at him again. "Don't feel uneasy like that, okay?"

"I guess you're right," Minki touches Taedong's face, then he realized something, "you don't bring a mistletoe?"

"I don't need a mistletoe to kiss you," Taedong smiles then leans forward to kiss Minki's lips.

-----------------------------------------------------

END OF STORY 2