We Know

I Know

The new year started really hectic, like usual it is. Minjun slips her away into the underground subway she's taking to arrived for her office workplace.

"Who is this guy?", two female high schoolers squeals when they saw on their phone, the Kang Daniel of Wanna One dancing in a performance video. I know that guy, he is my cousin from Busan but we don't really get to contact each other. He's sure a charmer and a dreamer that finally achieving his life goals. He loves dancing so much that he's good at it.

The reality show ended last year but there are still new fans keep growing. It's good for Daniel. 

 

Right after I step into my department Wonhee was laughing with the other. She's pretty, tall and funny that's why they like her. Well, I like her for being nice to me since the first day we met.

"Good morning Minjun", Wonhee beam as her head was directed to me with her dead gorgeous smile.

"Morning Wonhee..is Team Leader Han has arrived? I need to get his signature on this budget proposal", Minjun stride to her friend Wonhee.

 

"Oh yes, he's in the Chief office. But hey, did you know they transferred a new Chief today?", Wonhee vehemently giddy from her seat which one way more table than mine.

"I heard he's really handsome and tall", added Hyesun next to my seat. She has a workload to finish but when gossiping, she's the queen.

"Really? That was fast", Minjun dart her eyes to where the room where the new Chief might be in right now, with Team Leader.

 

"You can just ask Mr. Han first after this. They will start a new meeting right now. Come on!", Wonhee beckon Minjun who was still perplexed at her seat while Hyesun was already getting into the meeting room which situated to their left.

"Minjun, can you help me after lunch today? I might forget how to use the new copying machine", Wonhee asked before Minjun pull the door to the meeting room.

"Sure", she steps in and her eyes met with a beautiful pair of eyes. He's sitting in the Chief seat which means, he's the new Chief of her Finance Department.

 

"Alright, it's looked like we can begin this small meeting", the good-looking Chief announced after they all have been sitting in the big room.

"First of all I would like to you guys to meet our new Chief", Team Leader speak as soon the superior nodded his head to his right-hand worker.

"Mr. Ha may you introduce yourself?", the owner of beautiful eyes stands up and started to speak.

 

"Good morning to everybody. It's nice to finally meet you, my name is Ha Sung Woon, I'm from the headquarters company that has been decided to be your new Chief. Please call me Mr. HA", his voice was soothing even his standing posture was graceful but I can still see he's nervous.

Hyesun raised her hand as he finished his intro. "Yes?", he requires.

"What about your age because you look so young plus we all are curious about your status, are you single?", everyone including Mr. Han snickers to Hyesun's blatant question.

--

The male workmate too raised his hand. "Yes, Moonkyu", Sungwoon knew his name because he is the one Sungwoon met in the earlier morning.

"What's your secret to those flawless porcelain skin face?", yet another funny question was thrown at him today. He's glad everyone was friendly and fun to work from now on.

Sungwoon didn't miss the pretty lady over his right, she has seat next to Moonkyu. He trained his eyes on her before answering the question.

 

"Here the answer first question, I'm 31 years old and I'm still single", he playfully answered and continue with a small smile later.

"..and next, I have a routine that I dutifully work on every day. Okay so that's all, no more silly question", he laughs like a young boy. Everyone said he looks like a kid on the first impression but actually he's a grown-up man who loves to joke around and work hard passionately to reach his goals.

For starter, he wants able to lead his team following the superior standards. He heard that this team was doing average and never performs rather than Finance Department 1 which lead by his cousin Park Jimin.

 

"Now it's time for you guys to introduce yourself, make it doesn't have to belong", he claps his hand and waits for Moonkyu to go first.

"I'm Kim Moonkyu, 27, just got into this company 3 months ago", Moonkyu beam a small smile to Sungwoon.

"Nice to meet you Mr. HA, I'm Jeon Wonhee, 25, I have been working here for 2 years", she ends it while threw a knowing look to Sungwoon.

"Hello Mr. HA, I'm Seol Minjun, 28 years old. Today is the same day the first time I've been working here for 4 years", she throws remarks at him but he finds it really curt and just nice. He had to give his whole attention to her because she's somehow drawing him in.

 

"Really nice to meet you Mr. HA, the name is Shin Hyesun, 30 years old. I have been working with Team Leader Han almost for the same year, I hope we can get really close", she winks at Sungwoon who is probably surprised how casual she was with him. He thinks she's desperate but he will not make more comment on that.

"Since everyone has finished introducing, I would like to end this meeting right now. Hope that we can have work closer later. Team Leader Han, come with me", Sungwoon was ready to walk out from the room after all of the workers stand up to dismissed.

"Can you gather all of their profile to my office?", he asked curtly as they stride to his own office.

 

He continues to monitor they all later until lunch time came, his mother calls him when he was relaxing on the rooftop of the tall building. The view was nice and it has very fresh breather even when it's almost early evening.

They talk about how his first day goes until the door was opened from the inside and he waits to see who was the one knows about the place not many of them go for when it's still a lunchtime, where they all devouring the delicious company menus.

 

---

 

"Jungha, can we meet tonight? I missed you so much", Minjun push opens the door to her favorite place where she usual hang out with her packed dosirak lunch in her hand.

"Noona, I know you really want to meet me but I'm busy with my final project presentation. Could you wait for more a bit, huh?", his younger brother who is in his final year in graduating Yonsei University in another few months later, speak to her when he's still in a meeting with his group mate at their university library.

He is a sweet and hard work younger family member she ever left with since their parents moved to Canada and they're staying with the Seol grandmother in a small neighborhood but Jungha always live in his dorm.

Last time they met when it was Christmas but she ends up spending the rest of night alone since his girlfriend made him promised to go watching a movie at the cinema.

 

Minjun waltz to the other side which Sungwoon was hidden from seeing him. "Baby, don't do this to me. You ditched me for someone else last time and it's not even funny", she whines and finally when she met with his eyes, Sungwoon, she squeals.

"Noona..are you alright?", from the other line, Jungha has terrified what if that bastard come at her workplace.

There was a minute of silence when she finally speaks again to him. "Jungha, I..I'll call you later. Come home after you finished the presentation. Got it? I need to go, something not good happened", she sounds very nervous but Jungha would ask again if she's okay and then when she said she's really fine, she hung up on him.

 

"Something not good?", the new Chief quips. "I'm very sorry Chief HA I slipped", she covers his face from her seeing him closely this time. He has moved closer but it still alright distance.

"It's that your lunch? Cute", he freely laughs at her.

"What are you doing here..? ..Chief", she added the last formality since he throws at her an amused look.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is this your secret place or something?", he feebly asking her when she looks so pink with her face. Her prominent cheekbone really looked beautiful and he can't stop lay his eyes on her.

"It was.. I guess", she hides her packed lunch from his sight. "No no..that's okay. Just enjoy your lunch. I didn't say anything about your choice of eating your lunch", he fumbles on his word at first but finding himself smiling while he quietly sneaks on looking at her once at a time.

"Did you have your lunch already Chief HA ?", she unwraps her flowery container lid and reveals a very nice smell what her food could offer. 

 

"It's fine, thank you but I had my lunch before I climb up here", to the tell the truth he abandoned his food because he wasn't really hungry before but now he's a bit tempted to steal her food for a few bites.

"Did you cook yourself?", he grew interested in her.

"Yes, I make it for myself", all of her answers were short and curt but he will always want her to speak more to him.

 

After for a few minutes, they had been silent, Sungwoon's phone rings because apparently, Jimin calls for him.

"Hey Sungwoon, where are you? I'm free now, let's meet", his cousin speaks through the line, a bit excited to meet him.

He wants to tell Jimin to meet him on the rooftop but that would make Minjun uncomfortable since she said this is her secret place so he tells him to meet in the lobby.

 

"Cool, I'll be down there in a few minutes later. Wait for me alright?", Jimin agreed to him and then he ends the call while he's going to the promised place.

"Have a nice lunch", Sungwoon beam to her but she was quiet anyway. "I'll be going now", he put on his jacket but then Minjun pulled his last bit of the jacket.

'Would you like to try this?", she offered finally. Sungwoon smiled and ready to open his mouth but Minjun just gaped at him.

 

"Oh, sorry. I thought you would like to put it in my mouth", he scratched his head. "Okay, open up', Minjun recentred the food between her chopstick and hand it out to his mouth.

He finally bit the unknown rolled of seafood snack and it tastes so good. "How did you make it?", he asked while munching the crab rolled meat.

"That's a secret", she chuckled and that made Sungwoon almost kiss her but it wouldn't be proper since they're still stranger even if they are working together.

 

"I'll tell you what, make one for me too later. I swear it was the greatest I ever tasted. I'm going now. See you later", he struts for the door and disappear behind it.

"It was the greatest? He's sure bluffing but oh well, okay. Wait! Did he just asked me for a date or what?", Minjun speaks to herself alone after later she realized what he said before.

"No, it's must be a misunderstanding", she continues to finish her lunch and head back to the office as soon she saw the time was getting late.

 

---

 

"Halmeoni, we need to buy the grocery", Minjun cried from the kitchen as her Grandmother enter the cooking room.

"Oh dear, I forgot to do it yesterday".

It's weekend and Jungha would come home today so when she wants to cook for him, the refrigerator was almost empty and only left with few of eggs.

 

"It's alright then, I'll just go for a few hours until he will arrive here", Minjun smiled sweetly at her. "If that's so, take this money, I tend to use it for them. Don't go for too long. I need to use the car later", her grandma laughs when she enlarged her eyes.

"What? Am I not allowed to spend my weekend alone now ?", she chuckled and pat Minjun's hair. " Now go dear", the elder push her out with everything she needed.

Minjun unlocked the car and ready to reverse the car.

She checked the list for the third time later when she arrived at the mart.

 

"Are you kidding Jimin? I'm not your girlfriend to buy your grocery with you", a manly voice heard when she stopped for the meat section.

Minjun looked at her back and found another guy was with her boss. He was simply dressed in a nice t-shirt over his black leather jacket while Sungwoon wearing a plaid shirt over his pullover sweater.

"Hey, that woman ever did something wrong to you?", Jimin quip for Sungwoon to hear good enough when she staring at him with parting lips.

 

"Who? ", he asked as soon Jimin stopped talking. He throws a confused look ahead when it landed on Minjun who was holding a packet of beef meat.

"Minjun! What are you doing here?", he waves at her as if like they were close and his question was stupid. Of course, she's buying her own grocery.

"I..I'm buying my thing, see?", she showed him a paper that was almost over with dozen of right tick aside them all.

 

Jimin pinched Sungwoon's side when he's not introducing the woman he finds pretty before his eyes. "Hey!..Oh..meet Jimin my younger cousin", Jimin sweeps back his front hair to the back and nodded at her.

"Hye, hello Jimin-ssi", she beams, now she's being the center of the attention, at the meat section. Not okay, she needs to leave or Grandma might do a beating on her.

"So, I'm having a guest today. I need to go now, nice to meet you", she darts her way out to the cashier counter.

 

"..and..that's the girl? I mean the woman that named Minjun? ..your girl? 'cuz damn, she's amazing even without knowing her wholly, she's a keeper man", Jimin hover onto Sungwoon's shoulder right after Minjun left.

"Shut up! We are not even close to being more than friends and coworker dude. Tone it down or I'll leave you here", Sungwoon was feeling bad that Jimin had to draw attention on her, actually, he did, when he's too excited to meet Minjun outside from the work.

"What?", Jimin shrugged. "Dude, just ask her out then!", he did a headlock onto Sungwoon when they're leaving with the plastic bag on his hands.

 

"I know but she will always bail out when I'm leading her to", they get into Jimin's car and continue the conversation until he stopped at the traffic light.

As if Lord was answering his side request, Minjun appears at the right of their car. Sungwoon who realized the familiar woman, he told Jimin who is in the co-pilot seat.

"Hey, her window is down", he ecstatically said it twice before he hovers the driver seat and calls for her. "Minjun! Minjun-ssi", Jimin yelled to get her attention.

 

She stopped at the red light when suddenly from her opened down the window at the left side. She's seeing the Sungwoon face again before Jimin's pitchy voice get into her ears.

She was embarrassed, that's one but then Jimin said Sungwoon has something to say to her. This is crazy but it was lucky since there's no other vehicle stopping nearby them.

"Minjun, go out with me today!", Sungwoon finally shouted and he was red on his face both from embarrassment and shouting to reach for her.

"This is madness really! PARK JIMIN YOU'RE DEAD!", when the light turns yellow, Minjun was convinced to sped away from them and she was going crazy.

If only she didn't forget to get that damned favorite snack of Jungha's she won't have to be in that situation. HA Sungwoon and his cousin are really retarded.

---

 

Later after Jungha arrived and when Grandma Seol was about to leave, Sungwoon decided to appear in front of her doorstep. "Seol Minjun, there's a guy call himself your boss asked for you now, right in front of our house", Grandma called out her granddaughter and she decided to cancel her plan for the day.

As if the boss know they're having a little feast, he shows up at her house. "Come on in, dear. I'll get Minjun for you. Now, where is that brat?", Grandma continues to invite in the unexpected guest.

 

Sungwoon was reluctant, he just ends up at her doorstep to ask her to meet him somewhere nearby the park around her neighborhood but instead, he has not given the choice to steps into the average traditional house.

The elder served him the food and there's a familiar name he used to hear was with him at the eating table.

He drinks the water but still waiting Minjun to step down near the table.

 

Minjun was exasperating by herself when her grandma enters the bedroom. "Aren't you gonna stay here until your boss left? Get down now and eat with him. Your brother is also waiting for you. Why are you acting like this? Did you have anything like flings with your boss?", she keeps throwing her menacing look until she's willing to get downstairs.

Sungwoon would eat his portion while answering Minjun's grandma question until at one question he stopped eating. "Are you dating my Granddaughter?", it was short but it's very hard to answer. He looks onto Minjun but she keeps avoiding his eyes.

"I believe we are dating, right Minjun?", he continues to stare at her but she merely glancing at him. "Answer me now SEOL Min Jun", the Grandmother hit her really hard on her back and she has forced a cough out.

He feels bad for her and later she said yes. That would make him happy but for some reason, it will get the bad side of him because it was spontaneous.

---

 

It was almost the end of February when Sungwoon finally gets to have a date with her.

Minjun has already known since the first time they met, the eye contact that she made for him. That crab rolled meat request that she made for him. She sits in the same spot where they met in her secret place while waiting for Sungwoon to come up after a meeting with his superiors.Minjun did a flashback when she cooked for Sungwoon.

While Sungwoon was heading to the rooftop, he's still concern about who will be promoted or should he ask from the headquarter to decide it for him in the end.

 

"Your food is amazing, I love them very much. Thank you for this, I'll make sure to repay you", he's eating all of them with some fruit, rice and side dishes.

"Can you tell me how it has been working long in here? Do you have an opinion how your team performs their job? 'cuz I know you do especially Moonkyu and Hyesun", he waits for her to have a thorough recall.

 

"If I'm their Team Leader or Chief, I would say they are doing a good job but there are still some whole that needed to give improvement. Finance Department 1 was more than great doing their job on cutting back expenses that the company spend on every big event or small ones. Finance Department 2 would never go for the risk-taking big events because they wanted to play safe. Our FD 2, maybe need more attention than FD 1 since we are all still new established the company, we all always follow straight to the manual book", Minjun thoughtfully deducted the exact conclusion that he made before her and he found Minjun was going to be the next Team Leader since Mr. Han would be transferred nearer to his family hometown in the middle of the year.

Hyesun wouldn't be so bad but if she keeps playing safe on her job and not passionate enough in making an improvement, it would be better Minjun is the one would be promoted than her but it's too early to decide that, Sungwoon will have discussed it again with Mr. Han.

 

"Hey there Chief Ha", Minjun greet his new boyfriend AKA her boss too. "Wah, there she is my beautiful Girlfriend", the places his fingers on her face cupping her in his hands.

"Did you wait for too long, hmm?", he side hug her before sitting down in the same chair that could let them both sitting comfortably.

"Not really but yeah", she smirks and started to feed him. They both were happy but their relationship was enclosed that only Mr. Han would know because Sungwoon can't help to fail to expose it to Mr. Han since they were always together while working. There's no secretary was hired for Sungwoon since he was there for awhile before the real Chief would take over him.

 

"Minjun, if you're going to be promoted to be the Team Leader, you might have to bear the burdens from the work and you will get the most attention to get close with from any employee in the company, right?", he speaks very curtly and as if he's telling a story to a child.

"Of course I know so that's why I keep being low profile Sungwoon, but it's more challenging if I got promoted, still I would take the job seriously and in the same time I'll limit the attention on me", she talkatively deducted from her thought.

They spend more time until the lunchtime over in another an half hour.

 

"So you're telling me you aren't interested in our beloved Chief? Cut the crap SEOL, we all have already know that you've been dating him and trying to get promoted to me", after she re-enters her office, out of nowhere, Hyesun decided to exposed her gossip open which was totally half true but she tried to conceal it since it will give more reason for them to condemn her.

Falling in love isn't a big fat sin. It's the nature that all human have but it only happens at the wrong place. That's what she thinks because in another few months Sungwoon would be promoted and come back to the headquarter and the decision wasn't solely in his hands. It's a decision would be made after one would prove her worth to being promoted.

 

"Hyesun-nim, can you please keep it down. Let me explain at least", now there's another gossip queen from FD 1 came into our office and she was in the Chief office but Minjun's afraid with the commotion Hyesun's making will get bigger after that another queen heard about this.

"Let's talk this in the meeting room. I beg to you, please", Minjun exasperated and luckily Hyesun agreed but after all Mrs. Son still peak interest to follow us in but Hyesun didn't want the door to be closed and so, the FD 1 still listening.

"I will promise you, I won't ever do stupid and unfair things just to get promoted Hyesun-nim, so please don't think of me in a way to play dirty with your chance to be promoted to this year", Minjun was very careful but it couldn't get any better since Hyesun would never fail to mention of accusation on me for even selling my body to Ha Sung Woon.

 

"So what? You're gonna say you wouldn't even dare to sleep with Chief when he decided to promote me instead?", Hyesun keeps throwing shade at my real explanation.

"...or you would even dare to sleep with the other Director..?".

"THAT'S ENOUGH MISS SHIN!", now Sungwoon has witnessed a big misdeed accusation on me when he saw what I was doing with Hyesun in the meeting room.

"Please leave Mrs. Son Naeun and I would like to warn you not to spread this false accusation on Miss Seol Minjun or you'll get disciplinary action on spreading false accusation and you will be formally sued if you did so. Is that an understood?", Sungwoon deadpanned when later Mrs. Son leaves the FD 2 office with trembling expression all over her face.

 

"In my office now Miss Shin and Miss Seol", Sungwoon deadpanned again. 

Both of us follow him into his office and discuss our issues with Mr. Han was called in too.

"So you too have already know Han Dongmin?", Hyesun was using informality which proved she's a close coworker to him.

"Ms. SHIN, please remain the formality when we are in the office", Mr. Han speaks for himself.

 

"I would like to bring this matter into the formal issue into the company, Ms. SEOL might jeopardize my promotion. I want her to be transferred to another department", Hyesun wouldn't back down even after she saw how she's at the disadvantages situation.

"On what evidence or prove Ms. SHIN, did you have an audio record of me telling Ms. SEOL that I will personally choose him to be promoted next ?", Sungwoon trying to outsmart her worker. Indeed she has any evidence on it and Sungwoon decided this matter should be solved out of company record.

"If I heard or seeing you for sabotage Ms. SEOL works or working environment, I'll get you into disciplinary action by the company. Is there are any other issues you would like to address Ms. SHIN?", she shook her head in a no and then he asked Minjun.

 

"Ms. SEOL, if anything misdeed was thrown into your working day, you shall report them to me or Mr. HAN. Did you get that? Anything else to add right here for now?", Sungwoon was very professional and she glad, he able to dismiss Hyesun's bad accusation on her.

"I understand Chief HA and I have nothing to address right now", she keeps her head down and couldn't even look at Mr. Han's face. She was blatant embarrassed and her knees started to lose it balance as if in another few minutes, she will fall down on the cold floor.

"Alright Mr. HAN, we shall let this discussion end here and never gets out from this room. That's applied to both of you too, Ms. SHIN and Ms. SEOL. Now please get back to work", he dismissed them and watch Minjun never again held her head high or even to spare a look on him.

---

 

Next week are Sungwoon's last week to work in the company. Sungwoon had maintained professionalism for a few months back until now since the incident happened but when it's outside from the work, he would give encouragement to Minjun and they spend more time together before Sungwoon would go back to the Headquarter that based in Seoul while she will continue working at Busan later when he left.

"They're going to hold a farewell party for me on Friday night. We can spend time there for the last time before I transfer back to Seoul", Sungwoon suggests while we were cuddling in his house at the living room while watching a movie together on a Saturday night after we clocked out from work.

"Yeah and that's the last time you would be my boss and I will break up with you", Minjun joked but Sungwoon was very taken aback as he withdrew his arms from her.

 

"What do you mean you're breaking up with me?", his face fell into sullen. "Why are you doing this to me Minjun?", he started to sweat bead on his forehead.

"Of course I would do that Sungwoon, why are you silly think that we're going to work together anymore?", she speaks as in double meaning. Indeed they won't work together anymore, it is because he will work in another province, he's not my boss anymore. That's why it meant like that.

I don't know why if he's deadly still clueless about us breaking up, I knew he was gonna proposed me to be his fiancee since I've accidentally found on his browsing history about which the best well-known brand of jewelry like rings should he buy and will it be at the beach or the skyline view is the best place to propose. He's dimwit for not more cunning like me to quickly get the idea secretly without her knowing.

 

"Please don't say that easy just like that, I couldn't even imagine we're breaking up. Did I do something wrong? I'm a fool too for hurting you even without realizing I'm doing it", he pleaded earnestly.

"Honey, why are you suddenly being like? Don't be sad, I love you so much that it's hurt", I don't when will this ends.

He let me go wholely and try to escape himself away from me. Okay, now that's the cue to cut this drama.

 

"Finding a branded ring for your proposal? It's at the beach, Yeap, that's better", I came to him on the balcony from his penthouse, the back hug was his all-time favorite hugs.

He spun back to me and his face was red. "SEOL MIN JUN!", he growls. Okay, that's a new side of him I have never watched.

 

He started to push me back onto the tall slider frame and aggressively eating me out and he left me breathless after the hot passionate make out.

"You do that again or I'll kill myself", he finally teasing me like the usual Ha Sungwoon would. "Oh, crap, that's mean I have rearranged the whole thing? Oh, come on! You're so dead SEOL Min Jun!!", he chases after me because I run away from his grasp at first and then we fell on the floor together.

"I didn't even know you're a dimwit Sungwoon", we both chuckled and continue to joke with each other.

 

---

 

It has been almost 10 years we are married and now I'm living in the Seoul with Sungwoon. We had a good looking son that looked like him but he's way prettier than her mom.

"Mommy, why Daddy always buy me face care products everytime he goes to business trip?", the six years old kid asked me when I was cooking in the kitchen. Sungwoon probably would be back in a minute from his work.

"Because your Daddy is the beautiful face maniac. Did you noticed his face was always clean and he would be angry with me if he uses his beauty product?", the kid nodded and I'm back busy to make the dinner and had my back turned from the kitchen counter.

 

"Should we steal more tonight? I bet he wouldn't notice", I laugh while continue to work on my cooking.

"Stealing is bad Junwoo's mom!", suddenly my husband answered for his son at the back.

"Welcome home honey",  I turned off the stove as he takes a seat on the dining table in the middle of the kitchen.

 

"When did you just arrived?", I serve him with a bowl of rice while Junwoo helps to fix the side dishes near to Sungwoon's reach on the table.

"Right after you told our son to steal what's mine", he quips as he fell into delighted when the same crab rolled meat enter his mouth cavern.

"It's that so? Then I would tell him, his Daddy to make a facial treatment for him tonight, yeah?", he chuckled as he nodded.

 

"Wow, another facial treatment tonight", Junwoo dryly cheered but he only earns a silly smile from his tired dad.

"That's my boy', Minjun happily pat her son's head.

"Minjun..don't teach him like that. It's not a good behavior. It's not healthy!", he quipped but I ignored him playfully as we laugh together while dining together. Sungwoon is sure a good dad for Junwoo while I'm a supportive mother that acts like his friends.