Distance Between

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

I was tapping the table impatiently as I waited in the cafeteria for my best friend to show up. I'm currently sitting at the table where me and Lisa had sat all throughout our four year stay in this school. Everyone knows that this is our table and, only a few of our of other friends and classmates had shared this table with us in the past. Now, Donny and some of his friends had started to come at our table to keep me company since Lisa started hanging around at Steve and his gang's table a lot, and only goes to sit sit with us whenever she feels like it. 


I suspect that the reason why she doesn't eat lunch with me as much anymore is because she's not comfortable around my boyfriend and his friends. I also noticed that she withdraws away from me more whenever my boyfriend is present, so I try my best to  minimize my interactions with him whenever she's around, in hopes of alleviating her discomfort. In fact I even texted Donny earlier to ask if he and his friends could sit somewhere else for today because I miss hanging out with my best friend who has withdrawn a lot from me lately. She has been hanging around with Steve and his gang a lot, making me feel insecure and afraid that she doesn't like hanging around with me as much as she does with her new friends.

The cafeteria door had opened up for the hundredth time but unlike those other times, I was finally rewarded with the striking face that I've been waiting to see for the whole period. Lisa was with her new friends, once again, and I got the feeling of insecurity creep up to me once more but I tried my best to stomp it down before waving my hands up in the air to get my friend's attention. Fortunately, Steve noticed me and pointed me out to her. 

My blonde friend finally glanc my way briefly and I, involuntarily, held back my breath as I watched her turn back her attention to Steve and whisphered something to him. I only released the breath that I was holding when she finally broke away from Steve's group and headed my way.

"Hi." I greeted with an awkward smile when she finally reached our table.

"Hey." 

"I already got us our lunch." I announced proudly as I motioned to the other tray in front of me.

"Oh." She had a guilty look on her face as she sat in front of me. "Umm..thanks." She smiled but I could see the sadness behind it.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, feeling concerned, as I placed my hand above her cold ones.

I watched as different emotions pass through her dark and hooded eyes, but before I could interpret any of it, she immediately looked away and diverted her attention elsewhere, towards our entwined hands. She eyed it cautiously before casually retrieving her hand from under mine. "It's nothing." She dismissed my worry and started digging in.

I, hesitantly, let it drop and shifted to a more pleasant conversation. "I got you your favorite, you know." I smiled fondly as I reminisced a precious memory that we shared.

It happened during our Sophomore year and it all started when a bowl of mac and cheese got thrown at me and landed all over my shirt.

Flashback:

"Oops! Sorry." A pretty senior girl smirked as she looked down on me and I instantly recognized her as the girlfriend of an acquaintance of mine who had been helping me around with one of my school projects.

At first I felt so confused and I didn't know how to react to the situation because she was acting as if she didn't do it on purpose but my gut instinct is telling me otherwise. But eventually, my confusion transformed into apprehension as she finally made her intent clear. She started glaring at me with such frightening predatory eyes and I had to look away as I trembled under her intense look of hatred. What's even worse is that every student in the cafeteria had started whisphering and I couldn't bring myself to look up and face all those p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter