My Cowgirl

My Cowgirl - Woohyun

As you worked with each horse, the sunlight started to fade as the lights lining the arena began to warm up with the dimming lights. Working Finn over some jumps, you headed towards the highest fence that you had set up for the day. Setting up Finn, you moved with him as the two of you sailed over the 1.60 meter jump. Landing, your hand slid up his neck allowing him to slow to a slow canter, then he dropped down to a trot and a walk. Petting his sweaty neck, you slipped your feet from the stirrups as you heard some clapping.

Turning your head towards the gate of the arena, you saw your husband, Woohyun. Leaning up against the gate as he watched you with bright eyes.

“Enjoying yourself?” He questioned as you rounded the corner

“Just a little bit” You smiled slightly teasing as he just smiled and nodded

“Yeah… that didn’t look like fun at all” Woohyun folded his arms on the top of the gate as his chin rested on his arms.

“Totally not, just a waste of time and talent” You continued to but found it harder and harder to keep your face solemn. A bright smile was hard to contain as you rounded the corner once again.

“Are you about done Cowgirl?” Woohyun questioned with a glint in his eyes

“Maybe… what do you have in mind?” You questioned back

“You’ll have to find out” Woohyun winked as he opened the gate for you.

Exiting the arena, you walked next to Woohyun as the three of you headed back to the lighted barn. Dismounting, you pulled all of the tack from Finn and sponged him down. Seeing the horses all back in their stalls, you turned to Woohyun knowing that you had turned them all outside in paddocks for the day.

“Did you…?” You were speechless as Woohyun just smiled and nodded

“You needed some help and they seemed like they were hungry for dinner too” Woohyun smiled as he patted Finn on his neck.

“Wow….” You whispered softly as you sponged Finn down

“What? Don’t you think that I pay attention?” Woohyun questioned as he moved over the graining area and began to mix the grain for each of the horses, being aware of the differences between the supplements that were given.

“I’m just surprised that you pay this close attention to those things…” You told him as you returned Finn to his stall.

“It’s important to you, so it is important to me.” Woohyun smiled, “Besides they aren’t going anywhere, I should probably learn to do take care of them in case you get hurt”

Wrapping your arms around him, you held him tightly as you felt your heart swell with an immeasurable amount of love for him in that moment. Feeling his arms wrap around you, he held you tightly as he placed a soft kiss on the top of your head. Taking in the moment, he slightly swayed from side to side as his eyes closed.

Horses began to kick their feet against the wooden stall doors, demanding their grain. Pulling away from his warmth slowly, the two of you carried the buckets of grain down each side of the aisleway. Dumping the grain into small buckets already within their stall, the two of you met at the end of the aisle and walked back down to the feed room, hand in hand. Swinging the buckets by your side, you happily placed them in a pile as you flipped off of the lights. Closing the doors to the barn, you heard the soft blows from the horses as they munched on their dinner.

Heading back to the house, you walked hand in hand with Woohyun. Woohyun carried your duffel bag on his shoulder while you asked him about his day at the studio. Wrapping your free hand around his arm, you stayed as close to him as you could until the two of you walked through the french doors framing the back exit of your home.

Holding open the door for you, Woohyun happily watched you enter in first before he followed you inside.

“Any plans for tonight?” You lifted your foot up on a wooden chair as you began to take off your tall boots.

“I have a few plans, but why don’t you go take a shower first and then we can see what we want to do?” Woohyun offered, placing your duffel bag in it’s spot before he slipped off his shoes.

“Just don’t burn down the house” You teased as your socked feet shuffled across the hardwood floor, returning your boots to their place on the rubber mat.

“I’ll do my best not to” Woohyun teased as he winked to you as you passed him heading back to the bedroom.

Passing through your bedroom, you grabbed a pair of yoga pants and one of Woohyun’s t shirts as you headed to the bathroom. Stripping yourself of the dirt covered clothes you saw your dirt tan lines as you tossed the clothes in the hamper before turning on the hot water and stepping under the falling water. Watching the dirt run off of your body, you softly sung a song that was stuck in your head, you worked the shampoo and conditioner through your hair before you soaped down your body.

Rinsing everything off of you, you turned off the water as the scent of your soap filled the bathroom. Slipping into your clean yoga pants and Woohyun’s shirt, you combed through your wet hair. Opening the bathroom door, the heavenly aroma of food hovered in the air as your footsteps quickened with excitement. Skipping down the hall, you peeked around the corner to see Woohyun pull out a pizza from the oven.

“You didn’t burn the house down” You teased, skipped over to the edge of the countertop as you rested on your folded arms as Woohyun cut the pizza into slices.

“I know right, such a shocker” Woohyun smiled as he ran a knife through the pizza. Grabbing two plates, he placed three slices of pizza on each plate.

“Soooo what is the plan for tonight?” You questioned, knowing him more than he perceives that you do.

Woohyun’s cheeks reddened knowing that you could see through him easily, “Pizza and a movie sound good to you?”

“Perfect, absolutely perfect” You smiled padding over to his side as you wrapped your arms around him, your head resting on his shoulder.

Taking a moment, he kissed you on the top of your head, loving the scent of you after a shower. Grabbing the two plates the two of you happily went over to the couch, sitting on the couch, you grabbed a blanket and laid it over your lap and his. He placed the plates on each of your laps before pressing play on the already queued movie.

Emptied plates rested on the top of the coffee table while the blanket was tightly wrapped around the two of you. With your head on his chest, his arms wrapped around you and his thumb brushing over the skin on your arm slowly, your eyes began to fall with your body continually relaxing with every moment that you were in his arms. The movie began to wind down as Woohyun glanced down at the sleeping beauty in his arms. Brushing his fingers through your hair, he kissed the crown of your head.

“How did I get so lucky?” Woohyun mumbled to himself, “To hold such a beautiful, kind, talented angel such as you. I love you so much, my cowgirl, forever and always.”