Lovers

Park ((Siblings))

“Why do they always label us as siblings? Seriously? Not all Park’s are related.” Sooyoung says to Jimin who’s just laughing at her frustration.

“Oh come on, for sure they know we’re really not.” He tries to comfort her.

“What they don’t know about is our relationship.” He thought to himself.

“You know sometimes, I think it’s better if we just got caught by Dispatch and they announce that we’re dating.” She soullessly says to him. What she said is just nonsense; it was just due to her frustrations, them being called siblings, and him being shipped with other girls.

They know better how this industry goes, and being in a relationship wouldn’t do much good to them.

*camera shutter sounds*

“Or not.” She adds as she heard it.

“I’ll go first.” She stands up immediately and gives Jimin a 90 degrees bow, to confuse the paparazzi.

“I’ll call you later,” Jimin whispers to her and she just nods and walks away.

In the car, Sooyoung just sighs, sad that she didn’t get to properly say goodbye to Jimin. Usually, they’ll be hugging for how many minutes before they actually part, but because of that paparazzi, she ended up giving him a bow. Unknowingly, she stamps her feet in frustration. Just in time, her phone rings, and the photo of her lover shows. She answers it immediately.

“Jimin?!” She says rather excitedly.

“Sooyoung~~~ Are you now on your way home?” He asks.

“Yes. How about you? I’m sorry I have to leave like that. You know we can’t get caught, right?” Her voice covered with sadness.

“Yeah, I’m on my way now. It is okay, baby. I understand. Don’t worry about it, okay?”

“Okay...” She answers hesitantly.

For a minute, they were just silent, but the call is still going.

Jimin speaks again.

“I miss you already, baby.” Feeling empty without her by his side.

“I miss you too, so much.” She doesn’t know why. She knows they just met earlier, but that’s what she feels right now. She wanted to see him again, as soon as possible. An hour or two, even a day, is not enough for the weeks or months they did not saw each other. That is how much they miss each other.

“I’ll love you always, Park Jimin.” She confesses the first time to actually say it to him. They started with I like you’s, and from the day they started dating until now, they haven’t told each other that yet. It’s not that they don’t love each other, but they think that that phrase is not something you should easily say to someone. It has a lot of meanings and responsibilities behind that. And now that she says it, that just means she’s ready for whatever’s coming and what she feels for Jimin is so great and wonderful that she cannot wait for them to meet and say it to him personally thus ended up saying it over the phone.

Jimin, on the other side of the line, is in awe of what he just had heard. Did I hear it right? Or am I just hearing things I wanted to hear? Jimin thought. Truthfully, he didn’t think that Joy would say it first. And what he imagined every time is that he’ll be saying it first over a romantic dinner or just them walking in a park holding hands, but never had he thought that it would end up this way; not that he’s complaining though. He loves what he heard, and he would want to hear it from her every day.

Can — can you say it again?” He stutters.

“I love you, Park Jimin!” She says, much louder and prouder; she doesn’t care if her manager hears her.

Jimin, who’s smiling from ear to ear, can’t handle his happiness. “Wait a minute, I’ll call again later.” He says in a hurry, then ends the call.

“Hyung! can you drive me to Sooyoung’s dorm, please?” He requests to his manager.

“Fine, but you can’t stay there for so long.”

“Yeah, I won’t. Thanks, hyung.”

Sooyoung, who doesn’t know about his boyfriend’s plan, was flustered about his action.

What was that? Did I say it so suddenly? Did it shock him? Is it not the right time? Or is it... does he not love me? That is what’s in her head right now. All she could do is face-palmed herself. Is it not right? I’m sure he’s just shocked. He said he’ll call again later, right? I’ll just wait for it then. No! Oh god! I don’t know what to do. Should I take it back? But how?! And why? I just said it because I truly mean it. Maybe I should have waited for him to say it! But if I didn’t say it, when will he? But I still didn’t get to hear it even after I said it. Oh gosh! What am I going to do now?  

Minutes have passed and Joy is still in shock and just looking out the window, checking her phone from time to time. Little did she know that someone’s already waiting for her outside her dorm.

“We’re here.” Her manager says which makes her comeback to her senses.

“Oh! Yeah...” She gets her bag and hurriedly opens the door and steps outside.

“Joy-ah! I’ll be going to the supermarket to buy some things, so you go up first, okay?” Her manager says before she could totally close the door.

“Okay! Be careful in driving!” She waves to her and walks to the elevator.

Jimin keeps on walking back and forth in front of the door of Joy’s dorm; nervous to actually see her. He’s thinking about how to say it - on how he can make it special for her. But what he doesn’t know is that for Joy, hearing those three words coming from him is more than special for her.

He stops walking when he hears the opening of the elevator, nervously waiting to hear her voice to call him. Steps could be heard but he can’t actually look at the direction where it’s coming.

“Ji-Jimin?” She’s here. He thought. Now turn around. You can do it! He cheers himself.

Hi, baby...” He says kind of shy.

“Wha-what are you doing here?” She asks, still surprised seeing her boyfriend in her dorm.

“Well... um... I-I just wanted to.. um.. IjustwantedtotellyouIloveyoutoo!” He confesses, in one go, holding his breath. 

Sooyoung, hearing those words, can’t help but smile; overwhelmed with happiness.

“Can I hear it again? I’ll appreciate it more if you say it slower.”

Jimin hearing her request, he walks closer to Joy and holds her hands tightly. Looking deeply into her eyes, he says again, “I. Love. You... I love you, Park Sooyoung.”

“I love you too, Park Jimin.” She replies and they pull each other into a hug.

Jimin was about to break off the hug when he felt that someone took a picture of them but then, Joy just tighten her hug and snuggles her head more to his neck which makes him confused ‘cos for sure she felt it too.

“It’s okay. We’ll be okay. Let’s just stay like this for awhile.” She sounds like she’s pleasing. Jimin, of course, couldn’t say no to that and God knows how much he wants the stay like this too.

And with that, they embrace each other for how many minutes, not caring anyone who might see them.

I guess love really conquers all.