LEE CHAN! - OT13

SVT One-shots and drabbles

Related image

 

Chan sat on the couch, not saying much to any of his hyungs (who were also his boyfriends) trying to talk to him. He hated to admit it, but he was sick. He woke up with a fever and a headache. The maknae was stubborn though. Knowing he would have to miss out on this performance and be forced to go to the hospital, he just took some Tylenol. He loved his hyungs, but they could get overprotective sometimes. Especially Jeonghannie hyung. 

 

It took him all of his will to not kiss or even hug any of the members that day. One sick member was enough and he didn't want to make anyone else sick. His hyungs were always too cute, too y, or too good looking, and that day in particular they seemed so more than usual. Probably because he couldn't do anything. Not that they hyungs knew of course.

 

A knock on their waiting room door an a voice tells them that they'll be on in 5 minutes. Everyone starts bustling about, making sure all hair and make up was presentable and that they weren't taking anything with them in their pockets. in a couple minutes, they file out to the hallway and their leader does roll call. After they were sure everything was good, they headed to the stage. There were many Carats as usual, and everyone did their best as they always did. The song ended, and as they were walking out, everything went dark.

 

At least it did in Chan's eyes. 

 

Junhui was walking out behind Chan when he fainted. All of the Carats gasped and there was a huge commotion. Thankfully, Junhui had caught the youngest member and helped him into Seungcheol's arms as he carried him out. All the members followed, leaving behind the worried Carats. 

 

When Chan opened his eyes again, he saw 8 very worried eyes looking into his own. Then came the loud noise again. Chan's awake! He woke up! Dino's alright! He wasn't quite sure what had happened. Very soon after, he was crowded by the other 8 members also, and being bombarded with questions. 

 

"Channie, are you okay?"

"Aish, Lee Chan, you scared us."

"Are you feeling alright?"

"What happened?"

 

The answer to that last question, Chan himself wasn't sure of either. At least, he wasn't until Jeonghan, the ever-concerned mom, was brushing his hair out of his eyes and touched his forehead.

 

"Chan! You're burning! Are you sick?" Asked the older. Chan managed to nod a little, causing everyone to start talking and scolding him for not telling them.

 

"I'm okay, please don't take me to the hospital," The youngest begged, reassuring his hyungs.

 

"Lee Chan," Seungcheol said with a stern look on his face, and everyone knew what that meant. Said boy sighed, giving in to his eldest hyung. The managers bustled around, all on the phone or frantically talking to each other. The head manager got off the phone.

 

"Dino, we need to take you to the hospital." He said in a commanding manner. The youngest merely nodded, not having enough strength to protest against both the managers and all his hyungs. 

 

"I'll go too," The second eldest of the group stepped up, playing his role as Seventeen's 'mom'. The manager nodded. 

 

"I can take up to 3 others with me but after that the rest of you will have to stay here." He confirmed, nodding to Seungcheol to get it all figured out. The leader took the cue.

 

"Okay. Jeonghan is going with Chan. I'm staying here. None of you dongsaeng line should go, you might cause a bit of a chaos." Seugkwan opened his mouth for a response but Seungcheol cut him off. "Especially Seungkwan and Seokmin. Maybe not the best idea if Soonyoung goes either." Seungcheol looked at eligible 4 that he had not excluded, Jisoo, Junhui, Wonwoo and Jihoon. "Jisoo and Junhui, are you guys okay with going with Jeonghan and Chan?" Seungcheol hoped he had chosen relatively quiet, relatively normal members. At least in a crisis. Or perhaps he should have chosen Jihoon and not Jisoo. 

 

Both nodded before Seungcheol could have too long to think through all his mistakes. The manager picked up the sick boy in his arms, the other three following him and they disappeared out the door. 

 

Chan wasn't really sure what was happening. His head wasn't clear and his vision was even less clear. He closed his eyes. 

 

When he opened them again, he saw a lot of white. Then he saw some heads pop up in his vision. 6 very worried eyes, belonging to the three hyungs who had come along to the hospital, were looking at him and it gave him a little sense of deja vu. Didn't this already happen today? Oh right, he fainted not only once, but twice. Way to goo, Lee Chan. All three, in unison, sighed in relief and smiled. 

 

"You ing scared us," Jeonghan swore, which was a bit uncharacteristic for him but what could he say? He was worried for his baby. Jisoo glared at the older boy quickly before softening his expression again and looking back toward the boy lying in bed.

 

"What Jeonghan means is that you really frightened us - and the Carats - when you fainted. When you get sick, you should really tell us," the American boy explained. All of them were used to Jeonghan and his occasional spat,for lack of a better word, but Jisoo was the one who knew him best. While it was mostly unnecessary for him to explain anymore, it was force of habit. 

 

"Maknae-ya, be careful. And don't overwork yourself. Don't learn from Soonyoungie or Jihoonie. They're great but we don't the responsibility to make sure yet another person eats and sleeps because they don't really notice, or care. And don't tell them I said that please." Junhui said humorously, but there was sincerity in his words.

 

The manager handed the boy a phone, telling him to reassure the Carats that he was okay. He scrolled through and found a week old selfie of him that looked decent and posted it on Instagram with a caption: [17's Dino] Annyeonghaseyo Carats! As many of you are aware, I fainted after the Show Champion stage today. I'm completely fine, I was being stubborn. I'm sorry for worrying you guys.

 

After he posted on Instagram he went back to sleep ecause all of his hyungs refused to speak to him until he got some more rest. When he woke up again, all 12 of his hyungs were there, squished in his hospital room. They all took turns squishishing the youngest's cheeks and telling him off.

 

"If you ever get sick, just tell us. We don't wat anything permanent happening to you," Seungcheol worried in his leaderlike manner, patting him on the shoulder. 

 

"Channie, who's baby are you?" Asked Jeonghan, causing the boy to groan and sink into his bed. Everyone laughed. "Fine, you're an adult now. But that means you have to start taking better care of yourself and not letting yourself faint on stage. You're going to be Jeonghannies hyung's baby until you stop acting like one," The second oldest pinched Chan's cheeks and gave him a loose hug, nagging like the mom he reall is to the maknae.

 

"Maknae-ya," Jisoo started with his signature eye smile. "Do what you need to when you need, you know? Nobody would blame you if you took a break, not us, not the company, not the Carats. Let yourself rest."

 

"You know what I said earlier," The older Chinese boy winks, and Chan nods and grins, and Jeonghan and Jisoo both laugh, recalling what Junhui had said earlier about Soonyoung and Jihoon. The other members looked confused but went along nevertheless.

 

Next was the groups choreographer and Chan could tell he was trying his best not to be his peppy self and almost burst out laughing at his hyung's mock seriousness. "You know, just," That was all he could get out before the whole lot of them started laughing. Soonyoung was never the best with serious things. "As your performance team leader, I will make you take breaks if you don't take them yourself, got it?" He chose to threaten instead and Chan nodded, still laughing.

 

"Just be careful. You worried all of us." Wonwoo said in his lazy tone of voice that made him sound less worried than he was, but Chan knew every single one of his hyubgs (and boyfriends) to know what was behind their masks. 

 

"Yah, Lee Chan," The groups producer said in mock coldness, quickly ditching the tone. "Don't do that again, alright?" Jihoon's bit was short and sweet (Many would say it was just like him but nobody wanted to get hit by a guitar) and he brushed somthing off of the youngest's shirt. 

 

"You better not get sick again, We have so many thing we need to do!" Minghao exclamed, somewhere between worried and angry. He was always harder to read with his accent but Chan guessed it was mostly the former this time.

 

Without a warning, Chan felt strong arms squeezing him body into a tight hug. He sighed, half in worry, half in happiness. Mingyu whispered into his ear. "You scared us, don't do that!" Like what he was saying was a big secret. He held on for several more seconds before reluctantly letting go of the shorter. 

 

"Our maknae Chan... Another overworker in the making, is it?" Seokmin ruffled the youngest's hair and laughed. Seokmin was not quite the serious type but the message gets across.

 

"If Channie get's sick again, Seungkwannie will be angry!" Seungkwan says in mock aegyo and everyone groans before he shifts to his normal self. "You idiot." He said and lightly flicked Chan on the forehead.

 

"You can alway talk to me if the hyungs are overreacting about everything, I'm practically your friend anyway." Hansol shrugged and said in fake 'I don't care' and 'too cool for you' manner, even though everyone saw through it anyway.

 

"Thanks, hyungs, I think I get the point now. I'll never do it again, I promise." Chan said, looking every one of them in the eyes in turn and they all moved into hug him and pinch his cheeks and mess up his hair. a minute later, his hair was sticking out in every direction from the static and his cheeks red, but he wouldn't have it any other way. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this one gave me trouble at literally every other paragraph but I got it done. I'm not even going to try and fix it or give you an excuse. This was a request so I wrote it but I really don't like it. I didn't even edit. Hoep this isn't too bad, @illimaisara also idk what happened to the title.