Prologue - Back and Back Again

I remember you, Irene Bae.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Headache.

 

Not a small one, at all.

 

More like a ton of bricks just fell on her head.

 

Seulgi woke up with a groan, feeling so much pain she could barely move. Still slightly dizzy, she looked around her and noticed her best friend of many years Seungwan watching TV on the floor right next to the couch she was lying on. The blonde heard her and the small movements she made trying to get up and immediately held her down again.

 

"Yah, Kangsseul. No sudden movements okay, you're still recovering."

 

The monolid girl frowned.

 

"Uh? What... What happened?" Seulgi tried to remember what she was doing before waking up just now, and for her surprise she couldn't. Nothing came to mind.

 

"I don't know exactly, really. All I know is what Rosé and Jisoo told me and pieces I saw in the news earlier-"

 

"Wait, what!? I made the news?" She tried getting up again now alarmed, but Seungwan held her again thankfully since the headache got worse for a second and made her flinch in pain.

 

"I told you to stay down! Anyway. I was here studying for the finals when Rosé and Jisoo appeared at our door with you in her arms, passed out cold. She told me you guys were coming back from class and got caught by a storm... There was hail and it hit you in the head, can you believe that? Well I didn't. Until I saw it on the news."

 

"Hail? Oh come on Seungwan stop playing around and tell me what freaking happened. That's impossible!"

 

"I'm serious. A lot of people in our neighbourhood were injured, it came out of nowhere apparently. It's all over the internet and in every channel. Jisoo was shaking and terrified, saying you even got lucky to be hit by a small one...There were cars being smashed. I-"

 

Seulgi was trying to understand all the information her best friend was giving her but it was too fast, too loud and too confusing for her head. She focused on remembering something, anything from it. Her head hurt so much from the effort, and suddenly it was like everything was blank. Her breathing and everything else became slow motion and blurred, her brain forcing itself to swallow the previous minutes inside.


Remember, Seulgi. Remember... Wait what-

 

She closed her eyes and the moment the brunette opened them again there was no arms holding her or even the sound of her best friend speaking. Confusedly, Seulgi looked at her side and there she was. Seungw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter