Are you taking pictures of me?

So Far Away [One-Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi breath the fresh air as he arrive to the beach.. He look at the surrounding and a small smile appear on his face as it was a perfect place for his next exhibit.. He is a rookie photographer who is hoping for more people to recognize his talent.. More than being a bread and butter, photography is more of a hobby to him though.. It is something that makes him happy.. I hope good things happen.. He thought..

 

“Hyung!” Jimin shouted on the crowded bar as he saw Yoongi drinking quietly by the bar “I’m glad that you made it!” Jimin said while giving Yoongi a hug, he was the one who suggested the place to Yoongi “Yeah, well I scroll around earlier and it really is a beautiful place..” Yoongi said and Jimin smile wider “I told you! So when are you gonna start to work?” Jimin asked “Tomorrow.. I’m thinking on taking a few shoots of the sunrise and the sunset..” Yoongi said and Jimin nod.. They have been good friends for almost 7 years when their common friend Namjoon introduce them to each other.. Jimin owns the resort, technically it was his parent’s but he will soon manage it himself..

“So how’s life, hyung?” Jimin asked and Yoongi just shrug “Same same..” he answered simply before he sip on his beer.. “There you are!” They heard a feminine voice and they both look back to see Jimin’s fiancé “Hey..” Jimin kissed his fiancé’s cheek “Hi Yoongi..” Hyunrin, Jimin’s fiancé, greet Yoongi and he just smiled at her “So when’s the tying of knots?” Yoongi asked and Jimin chuckle “In a few more months.. We still have tons of things to do..” Jimin said and Hyunrin agreed while looking at her fiancé.. Yoongi looked at how Jimin and Hyunrin look at each other lovingly, he can’t deny that sometimes he felt a little envious.. Jimin catch Yoongi’s stare and he smirk “How about you hyung? When will you introduce us to someone?” Jimin teased and Yoongi just scoff “I don’t think I have time for that..” He said shrugging the idea off.. Jimin and Hyunrin exchange looks of disbelief “You’ll find her soon, Yoongi..” Hyunrin said with a smile.. Yoongi just shook his head as he take a swig of his drink..

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

Yoongi is simply sitting at the shore while waiting for the sunset.. He capture good images of sunrise, thankful he was not that intoxicated to miss it.. He was hoping to get good images of the sunset as well, in a matter of minutes the surrounding will be illuminated with beautiful colors of orange to pinkish sunset.. Yoongi get ready to capture the moment, he even choose an angle where he can also capture the beauty of the sea.. Soon, Yoongi was already occupied with capturing pictures..

 

Suddenly someone blocked the view, Yoongi’s eyebrow frown but when he zoomed out a little, the beautiful smile of the stranger made him stop for a moment.. She look excited as she look at the sunset.. Yoongi thought that it was a beautiful sight so he continue to capture but with the stranger girl on the frame.. The sun was almost fully set when suddenly the stranger look straight through his lenses, Yoongi almost twitch like he was caught doing indecent thing.. He lower his camera as the girl walk to him “Are you taking pictures of me?” she asked straight-forwardly and Yoongi stare at her as he gulp.. Now that she’s much closer, he can finally saw her face clearly “H-Huh?” he found his self-saying dumbly.. She smiled then she snatches his camera and look at the capture picture “Wow! These are really good!” she compliment him but Yoongi is still processing things..

“Oh! Are you capturing the sunset when I block your view?” she suddenly realized then she laugh loudly but still with class “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to..” she said returning the camera to Yoongi’s hands.. She look back at him and once again he was taken aback “Huh?” he once again said and she chuckle “Are you okay?” she asked waving her hand in front of him and he look somewhere else to compose his self “Uhm, yeah.. I’m sorry if I took pictures of you without your consent..” he finally form a full sentence, the girl just smiled while shaking her head “Nah it’s okay..” she said.. Soon someone called for her attention..

“Oh I think I have to go..” she said and in reflex Yoongi hold her wrist to stop her from going away.. He immediately take back his hand as it shocked the both of them “Uhm.. I’m Yoongi..” He didn’t want to miss this chance.. She smiled sweetly “Nice to meet you, Yoongi..” she said then she turn to leave again.. Yoongi can’t believe that she didn’t tell him her name “Wait!” he said and she look back but still walking backwards “What’s your.. What’s your name?” he shout and she just smile “You’ll know if we meet again..” she said then she run away..

 

That night Yoongi can’t take his mind off to the girl he met.. For the first time in his life, he’s desperate to know a girl’s name.. There’s something about her that catch his attention and he want to find out more about her.. He was at the balcony of his room while looking at the wide sea, he smiled as he remembered how he acted in front of her.. I hope we meet again soon.. He thought as he call it a night..

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

It was Yoongi’s last night at the resort and he decided to take a picture of the party that is currently happening by the bay.. Almost everyone was out there to dance and have a drink.. Yoongi take random pictures of people when once again his lens catch a glimpse of her.. He was shocked as he lower his camera and look at her way.. She was talking to someone but it looks like she’s about to bid her goodbye..

As she walk away from the crowd, Yoongi quietly walk after her until they reach a deserted part of the beach, the music can barely be heard from this distance as well as the lights.. Yoongi is having second thoughts of following her but he still continue until she finally stop “I like this part of the beach..” she suddenly said and Yoongi was taken aback.. Is she talking to me? He thought.. Like a confirmation, she look back to him with a smile “You really thought I don’t know that you’re following me?” she asked as she walk closer to him.. He once again has nothing to say just like the first time they met.. This girl is full of surprises! He thought..

She just look at him when he say nothing then she carefully sit on the sand.. Yoongi just look at her “Come on, sit with me if you’re gonna be here..” she said looking up at him.. He obeyed like he’s under a spell, he even heard her laugh a little.. “So why are you here?” she asked Yoongi “Ohh uhm.. Well, I need some photographs for my exhibition..” he answer, finally found his voice.. She just nod as she look at the quiet waves hitting the sand and rocks.. Yoongi look at her side profile then he ask “How about you? Why are you here?” she look at him again then she shrugged “I just feel like coming here.. My friend’s fiancé own the place so I’m always welcome to come..” she said “You mean, Jimin’s fiancé is your friend? Hyunrin?” Yoongi asked and she nod “You know them too?” she asked and Yoongi nod slowly..

She let out a laugh which confused Yoongi “Ohh don’t mind me, it’s just I remember something funny..” she said while still laughing a little.. Yoongi just let it go as they both look at the waves.. Just then Yoongi remembered that he don’t know her name yet “We meet again..” she look at him “.. so it means I can finally know your name..” he said with a smile and she smiled too then she nod “Right.. I did tell you that..” but she didn’t say anything for a while and he’s waiting patiently..

She started to stand up and dust off her shorts, Yoongi stand up in panic “W-Wait..” he said and she just chuckle before she offer her hand “Ami..” she said and Yoongi was dumbfounded for a while then he immediately take her hand “My name is Ami..” she said once more.. They shook hands for a few seconds but it feel like a long time as Yoongi stare at her eyes.. “Now you know my name..” she said and he nod “I can finally sleep soundly” Yoongi joked and she giggle “I’m going back to the resort..” she said and Yoongi nod “Me too then..” with that they both walk back to where everyone are.. It was just a quiet walk but it was a peaceful one than an awkward one..

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

Yoongi was on the dining area of the resort having his breakfast when Jimin approach him “So I heard from the front desk that you’re extending your stay..” he said as he sit in front of Yoongi who’s busy with his coffee and laptop "So what happened?" Jimin asked, “This happened..” Yoongi said as he turn the laptop to Jimin, show him the stolen photo of Ami.. “Wait, I know that girl..” Jimin said and Yoongi turn back his laptop “She said she know your fiancé..” Yoongi said and Jimin clapped “Right!” Jimin said then he smile a wicked smile “So.. what’s the deal with the both of you?” Jimin asked with a smirk which Yoongi dismiss “She just intrigues me, that’s it.. There’s nothing going on..” he defended but his heart is saying otherwise..

Jimin just lean down on his chair, not saying anything and just have that stupid smile on his face.. “Stop it..” Yoongi said “What? I’m not saying anything..” Jimin defended, Yoongi shook his head “Hyung, I’m telling you..” Jimin said as he stand up from his chair “..falling in love is the best feeling you can ever feel..” Jimin pat his back then left.. Yoongi look at Jimin’s back and scoff then he look again on the screen of his laptop, on Ami.. He put his hand on his chest, thump thump thump..

 

Later that day while Yoongi was walking around the resort to take pictures of random things he saw her again.. He don’t know how to approach her, good thing she look up and saw him.. Ami smiled as she approach Yoongi “And we meet again..” she said and Yoongi rub the back of his head “I might start to think that you’re stalking me..” she joked and Yoongi shook his head in panic, she giggled “I’m just messing with you, come on..” she walk ahead and Yoongi just follow her.. They walk quite far until they reach a yet again deserted area part of the beach where there’s a big rock which is about 12ft tall.. Yoongi got shocked when Ami start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter