Cabbage and Corn

Harvest Min

“Welcome to the Mineral Town”, said a man in suit.

“I am Soo Man the mayor in this town. And i’m sorry... who’s your name again?” asked him as he shook his arm.

“Jung Yunho, sir.”

“Oh yes, Yunho.” Yunho was reading his expression.

Seems like he is a genuine man. He could put down his warry.

“I’m so sorry about your grandfather’s death a month ago. I didn’t expect you to come here. Then did you come with that intention?” Mayor Soo Man wording it carefully.

“I do, sir. I will do my best making up this mess.”

Yunho was a city boy. Moving into a small town is very metally chellenging for him. His father wanted him to become successful entrepreneur so he was sent to management school. But his memories on summer at ten years old never leave him. He wanted to be great farmer just like his grandfather.

“You can do it. Yeah, it would be more more effort since you really start from zero. But anyway, I’m proud of you and of course your grandfather too.”

He nodded for his encouraging, but for Yunho it sounds like: Congratulations! You’ve got more burden.

“Oh i forgot. You could ask anything at Shindong. He is the seller in this town. And he will pick up your product at noon.”

“Yess, sir. Thank you.”

 

The first thing Yunho did was taking a stroll on Mineral town. He knew where is to buy seeds, chicken, cow or even logs. He knew there are beautiful girls like Yoona, Mina, or even Hyuna.

Then he coming to the farm working for real.

After five hour pulling out the weeds he is resting under the apple tree.

“Oh so, are you Yunho?” big man smiling warmly contrassing his apperance.

 “I’m Shindong. If i could help you.”

“Nice to meet you Shindong-sshi,” Yunho being very polite.

“Just call me Shindong, maybe we could be friend,” this guy didn’t make Yunho think twice to be friend because his smiles.

“Do you understand all the farmers do?”

“I doubtly not. But i try and learn from the book,” Shindong gave him thumbs up.

“Then i’m telling you what the book couldn’t,” said big man making Yunho curiuous.

“Okay now listen. Do you know the watefall uphill?” Yunho shaking his head, “if you don’t you should go there and dropping your harvest in the downstream. And guess what. A harvest godess will appear.”

Yunho a city boy couldn’t just believe.

 Curious of what Shindong have said Yunho decided to prove himself. It had been seven days Yunho became a farmer. He had one chicken and a baby chick. Sure he had eggs.

He threw the egg in the downstream as Shindong said.

An apperance came up shook Yunho dissabelieve.

“Hello.”

Yunho expecting a goddess level beauty. So that hyuna, yoona or mina can’t even compete with her beauty.

“Oh! you are not a goddess.”

The harvest ‘goddess’ has beautiful eyes set with long eyelashes and balanced eyebrows. His lips are as red as red wine and ears are big. What made Yunho surprised is how glowing his skin.

“I supposed to be goddess Yunho-sshi but my mom gave birth me... a boy. She is weak so i initiate her to take her job,” he smiled.

Why everyone in this town is so smiley Yunho think

And why he was real Yunho couldn’t stop thinking.

“I’m real, and actually have name. I am Changmin.”

“C-Changmin?” it’s a boy name indeed.

“However thank you so much to come. Bye.”

The boy have dissapeared.

At least he knew Shindong is honest. But not really.

 

Today, the farmer harvested a lot of spring vegetables. They are turnips, cucumber, potatos and cabbage. Shindong came to pick those harvest.

“You’ve work hard today, Yunho,” the farmer served tea, “thank you.”

Yunho sat beside the big man.

“So how’s working here?” asked Shindong.

“As I guess it will be different from my previous life,” Shindong nodded, “you may see my clothes,” his friend laughed, “in the office you can’t be unclean. But i have fun here to work with nature.”

“And have fun with the girls?” asked Shindong curious.

Yunho remembered something.

“No! Instead of girls, i found the goddess,” Yunho exited to tell his story.

Shindong could see his eyes sparkling.

“He is beautiful. His skin is glowing and eyes are radiating.”

“Wait... he?”

“Yeah?”

His friend was confused.

“The goddess is she,” added Shindong.

 

The farmer couldn’t just believe what Shindong said for the second. And for the first time he doubt of what did he have seen before.

He threw the turnip in the downstream. Beautiful boy from the day before appeared.

“If it isn’t Yunho again? Thank you for your offering,” the goddess going up to dissapeared.

“Wait Changmin-sshi!” Yunho shouted.

The goddess going down from the shouting.

“I have a question,” the farmer didn’t hesitate, “are you a boy?”

The mint haired goddess couldn’t even angry because how straight-forward he is.

“Yes I am. You may heard me from anyone that I was a girl. But me too don’t know why I become my real me in front of you,”  the goddess also had mint eyes that couln’t take Yunho’s eyes from his. Not to mention his body, “must be because you didn’t expect me as a girl?”

Yunho remembered and was honest.

“I did. Expecting you being more georgeous than Yoona, Mina or Hyuna,” Yunho smirked, “So are you.”

The goddess had a shawl, his hand played with it, “did you just flirt me, Yunho?”

“Why?”

“Because i don’t know how to react,” Yunho looked at how shy the goddess, “ummm... so i guess. Bye.”

The goddess dissapeared.

“So I guess that was your reaction,” Yunho satisfied as he said himself.

 

The season already changed to summer. All the spring harvest was being replaced by pinnaples, corns and tomatoes. Yunho love the season, reasons are beach and festivals.

Someone knocked Yunho door.

“Hi,” a tanned skin boy intoduced himself cheerily, “I am Kai. I heard you are the new farmer here. I have my stall near the beach. I hope you will come there.”

Yunho still had the morning mood, “I think I’m older. I am Yunho.”

“Okay, Yunho-hyung hope you will come to my stall.”

Kai is a polite boy.

Yunho didn’t only worked in the field. He also had six chickens, six cows and two sheeps. But the one he really love the most was his horse which the old man from the cattle gave to him.

When he brushed his horse his friend came.

“Yunho-yah did you have something to sell?” asked Shindong following Yunho where he go.

“I just have daily products today,” Shindong were going to take them.

“By the way Shindong, I was right, “ Yunho following Shindong.

“What?” the big guy asked.

“The goddess is he.”

Shindong picking up bottles of milk,  “okay, you were right. That’s from what i just heard either.”

“So you don’t know how the goddess is?”

Shindong sigh, “I don’t. Not a farmer.”

Yunho stopped following him.

“But I believe there is beautiful harvest goddess make our town prosperous,” the farmer relieved. That made Shindong ask, “why?”

“I was going to punch you,” Yunho answered honestly.

“Scary.”

 

Yunho went to the waterfall to meet the harvest goddess.

“Thank you for your offering again, Yunho.”

“Don’t go okay! I will asking you question again,” said the farmer.

“Oh, I’m not a quiz, Yunho,” the goddess joked.

“Please I want to know you more,” Yunho begging him.

The goddess nodded okayed it.

“Thank you.”

“So Yunho what would you ask?”

“Could you come down here?” the goddess haven’t had his feet touch the ground. He always fly in the air. Sometimes making Yunho’s neck hurt from looking above.

“Was that your question?” the goddess asked him back.

“I was just asking,” Yunho pouted.

The goddess was in front of him. Yunho looking him from his bare foot to his floral band in his head. The first time looking him up close.

“So you are taller,” said Yunho relizing it.

“And you have a mole upper lip.”

“What? Makes you want to kiss them?” Yunho asked jokingly.

If Changmin was not a goddess he was going to puch him at how cringey it is. But since he was a goddess he likes those comment.

The goddess looking at the riverflow. On the other hand Yunho looking at the goddess unconciously.

“What is your question again, Yunho?” the farmer flustered as their eyes meet.

“Oh yeah, the question,” he laughed awkwardly.

Changmin became more attentive.

“How am I differ to the other farmer?” the goddess couldn’t just answered.

He thought it carefully.

“I can’t judge people, but i could see people’s color. They are white and very kind to me and so does you are. But you are grey. You are so simple-minded  but I know you have great knowledge. You sacrifice your past to be here, aren’t you?”

Yunho nodded at how toughful his answer is.

“You didn’t satisfy at my answer, right?” sure the goddess is toughful.

“No. I mean--- I want to know you more but you are the one who know me more,” actually Yunho just wanted another simple answer.

Which was something he anticipated.

 

-TBC-

 A.N: I typed it on phone 70% was hurting my hand ;'DD