Shattered Pieces

What Went Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji, I’m sick and tired….” And the line went dead.

“Dee? DEE!!!!” I dialed her number and went to voicemail.

“Fukc.” Fans say my phone is my world. It's coz for most of the time I am sighted, I’m on my phone. And just like my phone, my world is shattered to pieces with just one blow.

She never shuts me out like that.

We weathered so much storm.

We were fine.

What went wrong?

I cried.

Got drunk.

And cried some more.

Waking up with an empty spot beside me, the memories of the night came hitting me stronger than the hangover. I tried searching for my phone and remembered it’s into pieces last night.

Then I hit my head on the wall on why did I never went after her or demanded explanations.

It’s never too late.

I rushed to the kitchen to get some hangover meds and go after her.

Rustling in the kitchen I can’t find the meds.

Then I heard a soft groan.

Wait.

This is Dara’s kitchen.

This is Dara’s place.

I’m in Dara’s place!

That's a good sign. Right?

“Babe?” I called out and got another soft groan.

There she was on the sofa almost curled like a ball.

“Babe.” She was sweating. As I came contact with her skin, she was burning.

“Ji.” She moaned in a way that I don’t like. She’s on the verge of crying.

“Why are you sleeping here?” I asked her as I pick her up and move her to bed. She only responded with another moan.

 

“Dara?”

“Jangmo, it’s Jiyong. I think Dara’s burning in fever. What should I do?”

“Check 1st if it’s really fever. Get a thermometer. It’s in the medicine cabinet.” Dara’s mother replied, I did as told.

“38.”

“Oh my. That’s fever alright. Just make sure she rests, make sure she’s wearing light clothes, a sponge bath would help cool her down a bit. Keep her hydrated. Make sure she eats. Check her temperature maybe every 4 hours. If her fever is getting worse bring her to E.R.. change her clothes if she’s soaked in sweat and give her a blanket if she gets cold. Can you handle that?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Okay, call me if you need anything else. Last one, make her drink paracetamol. You’ll find some on the medicine cabinet as well.”

“Neh. Kamsahamnida Jangmo.”

“Jangmo. Jangmo. Aisht! GET MARRIED ALREADY SO IT’S OFFICIAL AND GIVE ME GRANDKIDS.” I chuckled as she ended the call even before I can respond.

 

“Babe. I need to change your clothes. You’re soaked.” I told her and she’s probably still half asleep and just gave me a little hum.

With a lighter shirt and cotton shorts, I changed her to fresh clothes. I also took off her bra and checked on the instant ramen I was cooking.

“Babe, I made you some ramen and some orange juice. I promise to get you something more nutritious later.” I said as I set the bowl aside and repeated my words until she opened her eyes and looked at me.

I helped her seat up a little and started feeding her. She was mostly zoning out and weak so I did not pry too much.

Once she downed the whole thing and her medicine, I helped her lay back down and cleaned up.

Using her phone I googled on making some juk (porridge).

Main ingredient is rice. I know how to cook rice in the rice cooker. I also know where the rice is as well as the pots and pans in Dara’s kitchen. But cooking? Cooking on my own is a feat. She probably would be laughing at me if she sees me all over the place right now. Or get mad how it’s so messy in her kitchen.

I started it and I spent a whole hour and it was a fail. The grains was too hard and it was too watery. Worst part, it’s too salty. I cannot feed Dara that. She might just get worse.

So I did what I do best, called Taehee and barked orders at him to get me the best jeonbukjuk (abalone rice porridge), samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup) and seolleongtang (ox bone soup).

I also ordered him to get me yoojacha (citron tea) and saenggangcha (ginger tea with honey and cinnamon). I capped the list with lots of ogokbap (five grain rice).

“Noona is sick. She can’t eat that all in 1 go. The soup is long cold when you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter