final ;

serendipity ;

Tzuyu hung her guitar on her back as she got ready to leave the apartment she’d been staying at for a week. Her days were often spent going to the local park where she played her guitar for fun. She usually didn’t go so early in the mornings but she wanted to escape her mother’s constant scolding of messing up her room so she snuck out earlier. Gucci almost barked, noticing how she was leaving the house but Tzuyu had calmed her with a quick snack, allowing her to leave unnoticed. She sighed as soon as she hit their footpath; the spring air of Japan was definitely different from Taiwan.

She came from Taiwan a little over a week ago for a little holiday and she couldn’t be happier with the place she’d chosen. Osaka was quiet in the mornings, apart from the rumbling of cars as people travelled to work. But, in Tzuyu’s opinion, it felt nicer to walk and observe the beautiful scenery rather than use transport. She didn’t know what it was, but walking just made her feel more calm? Like, it allowed her to think about things and clear her mind while she observed the pretty surroundings.

With performing at concerts and travelling between locations most of the time, Tzuyu doesn’t get the time to just relax and play her guitar when she wants to. That’s why she decided to take a little holiday. Her mother just came with her because she didn’t like the fact that ‘her little baby was going somewhere on her own’.

She whistled as she walked through the local park, finding herself a spot on a bench and pulling the guitar off her shoulders. It felt weird that she was on her own; she might have been used to it when she was younger but now, it felt so lonely. She had backup singers with her when she performed, along with a crowd in front of her. Maybe this would be a chance for her to brush up her rusty skills again. Tzuyu has always been performing songs that she’d written herself. A lot of her fans always request her to choose songs by popular artists but she doesn’t know if she can do the songs enough justice.

She looked around her, noticing the lack of people around her so she began strumming one of her first songs. Closing her eyes, Tzuyu let the music guide her, singing softly as the opening notes came along. Each one of her songs were based off an experience in the weirdest ways. Her first song was anything but romantic. Well, it was a little bit romantic if you consider that Tzuyu sung about the bright stars that lit up the sky at night. No, she wasn’t talking about Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

Kon'nichiwa.” Tzuyu heard someone greet, making her open her eyes. A girl towered over her, scaring Tzuyu in the process.
“Oh, watashi – uh watashi wa kyōfu… o hikiokosu tsumori wa nakatta (I did not mean to cause fear).” The girl mumbled, as she bowed her head with her apology.
Tzuyu could only stare at the bright girl in front of her. She had no idea what she just said but hearing her talk in Japanese sounded beautiful.
“Uh…?” Tzuyu scratched her head as she tried to form a reply.
“Hmm… rikai e inai nodesu ka? (You do not understand?)” The girl asked. Tzuyu nodded as she understood those words (Yes, ironically she understands the sentence that means she doesn't understand). She’d received them often when she went out shopping and didn’t understand what was going on.
“English?” The girl asked.
Tzuyu’s eyes lit up, and she nodded, making the girl standing over her smile as well.
“I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t mean to scare you! I just wanted to say you have a beautiful voice.” She complimented, eyes shining with appreciation.
“Ah, thank you very much!” Tzuyu mumbled, blushing at the girl’s words.
“Oh, where are my manners. My name is Park Jihyo.” She greeted, offering her hand for a greeting.
“Chou Tzuyu.” Tzuyu answered, grinning as she shook her hand.
“Tzuyu? Hmm, where are you from?” Jihyo asked.
“Taiwan.” Tzuyu answered, smiling.
“That’s a beautiful place! I wish I could go there someday. Maybe on a tour or something.” Jihyo giggled.
“You sing and perform too?” Tzuyu asked, as she noticed the light blue guitar that hung on Jihyo’s back.
“Yep! Back in Korea, I perform here and there.” Jihyo nodded, bringing it over her shoulder.
Tzuyu was honestly curious about this beautiful girl standing near her. She was so bubbly and energetic and she just wanted to smile whenever she talked. Excessive use of hand gestures, shining eyes and an angelic voice – Tzuyu was stunned by her entirety.
 “So, what brought you here?” Tzuyu said, finally breaking her gaze away from Jihyo’s beauty.
“I always wanted to visit Japan. It’s always been a dream of mine ever since I was a kid. My parents brought me on holidays when I was younger and I’ve felt an attachment to the place ever since. I never thought I’d be back here. I’m so busy with travelling and performing that I rarely get a chance to head overseas for fun.” Jihyo sighed as she looked at the beauty around her.
“Sounds like you’re a big star in your country.” Tzuyu chuckled, finding it adorable how Jihyo blushed at her words.
“Well, maybe a tiny bit.” Jihyo confessed, shying away from the topic.
“Let me look it up.” Tzuyu pulled out her phone.
“Hey! No, that’s a bad idea!” Jihyo said, eyes widening as she tried to slap Tzuyu’s phone away.
“Best Solo Artist, Best Album of the Year – two years in a row. You said a tiny bit? You’re like the rising star of your country! How can you just lower yourself down like that! And you only debuted 3 years ago!” Tzuyu gasped as Jihyo whined next to her.
 “I want to do things for the better too. I don’t like showcasing my awards. It makes people think differently of me.” Jihyo mumbled.
“Yeah, it makes you more amazing.” Tzuyu said, remaining stunned. She was basically sitting next to the hottest star in Korea (no pun intended there).
“I’m sure you’re hiding some tricks up your sleeves too!” Jihyo snickered.
“Huh?” Tzuyu responded, pretending to be unaware of what Jihyo was implying.
“Chou Tzuyu, known for her model-like body proportions and being #1 for the most beautiful faces in the world, is the winner of this year’s Taiwan Artist of the Year award and Song of the Year award.” Jihyo scoffed.
“It’s not like I denied anything. I just didn’t speak up about it!” Tzuyu explained, seeing Jihyo shake her head next to her. “Right, how come you came up to me and scared the life out of me?” She added.
“Oh! Like I said, I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful voice. I was really stunned by your skills. How come I’ve never seen you here before?” Jihyo pondered.
“Well, I’m usually here after midday. Today was the only time I decided to come here early.” Tzuyu chuckled.
“Ah, that must be it! I’m here every morning.” Jihyo replied, possibly hinting that she wanted Tzuyu to come to the park earlier.
“Let me hear you play something. I want to know what renowned Korean star, Park Jihyo sounds like in real life.” Tzuyu encouraged.
“Only if you sing with me too.” Jihyo shook her head.
“I don’t know many Korean songs–”
“It’s fine, we’ll start with an English song. I’m sure you’ve heard of “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran, right?” Jihyo asked.
“Yes – but–”
“No buts! I’ll start, you sing verse two, the chorus will be together and we can end the song together.” Jihyo clapped, testing out the strings of her guitar.
Tzuyu didn’t even have a chance to say no – not that she wanted to. She’d be honoured to sing by Jihyo’s side. She was just afraid her vocals won’t match up to Jihyo’s. She clearly has a strong voice that was perfect for this song. Well, to Tzuyu, Jihyo seemed perfect in every way already. She felt a little small performing next to her.
“Don’t start doubting yourself now. I know you have it in you.” Jihyo motivated, patting Tzuyu’s head. Tzuyu blushed, but nodded, clearing  as she started strumming.
I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Tzuyu was left stunned as she Jihyo started singing. Her melodious voice was enough to draw in some wandering souls around the park. 
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
Jihyo looked up, gazing at Tzuyu with a soft smile. She couldn’t help but return it, remaining fixated on her eyes that showed so much emotion 
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Why did the song speak such high volumes for Jihyo? Why did it hit them both so hard more than they thought it would?
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine
Tzuyu shook her head as she risked a quick glance at Jihyo’s lips as she sung that line. She had to concentrate – the chorus was just about to start.
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
She wondered what Jihyo’s favourite song might be. Did they share it in common? Would it be something you could dance to? Or was it slow and touching like her own favourite?
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight
Jihyo finally broke contact with Tzuyu’s gaze as they finished the chorus together. It was Tzuyu’s turn to sing the second verse and she knew that she was shying away from Jihyo now. She was distracting herself by tapping onto her guitar.
Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
The two of them felt like laughing with the first line; they both thought that the other was strong and successful and they also kind of shared a dream? Well, they’ve both technically achieved their dreams.
Tzuyu’s voice was so soft for Jihyo, she wanted to hear it forever. She was definitely as talented as people proclaimed her to be.
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your woman
I see my future in your eyes
Tzuyu risked a glance towards Jihyo, blushing as she realised she was staring right back at her with so much adoration in her eyes. 
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight
They were both so lost in their little world that they hadn’t realised how big of a crowd they’d ended up bringing together. There was a massive round of applause as they finished the song and the two girls bowed, thanking them for joining.
“One more song!” A person shouted, gaining approval of the others around him.
Jihyo and Tzuyu firmly denied the wish but soon enough, most of the crowd was cheering them on. They blushed and looked at each other – as if asking if it was okay to perform one more song. The two giggled and nodded to the crowd, sitting on the bench again.
“Do you have a favourite Korean song?” Jihyo asked Tzuyu.
“Mhmm. Do you know “One in a Million” by Twice?” Tzuyu countered, earning a grin from Jihyo.
“That’s mine as well.” Jihyo nodded. She was about to say something else when a pink petal found its way on her dress.
Everyone gasped as the Sakura trees around them blossomed, dropping and making the park surrounded with pink petals and so much beauty. Tzuyu watched on in awe while Jihyo could only recall the significance of the flower. It is beautiful but the blooming period is always short – just like life.
“Just because they bloomed, it doesn’t mean that you’ll escape the second song!” Someone suddenly called out, making the two singers chuckle.
“Alright, alright. This would be a beautiful setting to sing! We’ll do another one for you!” Jihyo announced, making the crowd cheer.
You gotta know that you’re One in a million
When you keep getting annoyed
Look for me
Even on days filled with happiness
Come to me
They were singing the entire song together. The petals were still falling around them and the crowd in front of the two were silent as they watched them perform. Unknown to them, someone at the back was recording their performance, smiling.
All the things that bother you
All the things that hurt you and make you tired
Bring them to me trust them with me
Tzuyu could only chuckle as the crowd pretended to be at a concert, waving their arms around to the slow pace of the song. 
One in a million
Believe that you are special
One in a million
You’re the only one in the world
You’re a masterpiece
This song seemed like it had a deeper meaning the more you listened to it. At first, you’d think that it’s a typical ballad song but the true beauty lies behind the lyrics. That's why they both loved it so much.
You’re perfect the way you are
One in a millionI believe that you’re special
There’s no use to get angry
When things ruin your mood
When things don’t go as planned
Take a deep breath for a moment
Jihyo peeked at Tzuyu again, really amazed by her posture and composure as she sung with her. On top of that, she was absolutely beautiful in every possible way. The petals that still fell around them made her look like she came straight out of an anime. 
Whatever anyone says, don’t be shaken
Shout out loud to the world
With your one and only voice
One in a million
Believe that you are special
One in a million
You’re the only one in the world
You’re a masterpiece
You’re perfect the way you are
One in a million
I believe that you’re special
You gotta know that you’re
One in a million
The girls were met with more thunderous applause as they finished the song. They bowed again, grinning as some people came towards the two to provide them with compliments. Tzuyu simply nodded, not understanding half the words these people were saying in front of her. Jihyo was kind enough to translate some things for her, and she couldn’t be more grateful.
“How do you know Japanese so well?” Tzuyu asked as she got ready to leave the park.
“My manager is Japanese so she helps me out a lot by giving me lessons in exchange for Korean lessons.” Jihyo chuckled.
“No wonder you speak so well!” Tzuyu complimented, making Jihyo’s cheeks turn red again.
“Why are you full of praises only!” Jihyo whined.
“Well, you don’t expect me to speak even a negative word to such a beautiful and talented girl.” Tzuyu teased.
“I’ll have you know, I can be just as smooth as you.” Jihyo scoffed.
“Really? How so? Tzuyu challenged.
“Hmm…” Jihyo hummed, leaning closer all of a sudden and invading Tzuyu’s senses. Tzuyu’s breathing picked up immediately and her eyes widened as Jihyo laughed, pulling a petal from her hair.
“Unfair.” Tzuyu huffed, crossing her arms.
“Come on, don’t get sulky on me now!” Jihyo nudged Tzuyu.
“I’m not being sulky!” Tzuyu groaned, ignoring Jihyo’s teasing.
“Mhmm. Whatever you say.” Jihyo ignored Tzuyu’s denial.
“You really don’t believe me.” Tzuyu gasped.
“Your eyes betray you more than you think.” Jihyo pointed out.
Seeing as Tzuyu was no longer responding to her teasing, Jihyo decided to let it go and focus on the smile of the tall girl next to her. 
“How about I treat you to a cup of coffee?” Jihyo offered.
Tzuyu eyes glimmered with happiness before it was quickly replaced with sadness. She won’t be able to hang out with Jihyo later than she already had. Jihyo was quick to notice this and frowned upon seeing the change.
“I – I can’t, I’m so sorry! My flight back to Taiwan is tonight. I need to get back to finish packing.” Tzuyu muttered, failing to look up at Jihyo,
“Hey, don’t be sad about that! I got to sing with a beautiful girl today and see the Sakura trees blossom.” Jihyo said, forcing a smile. She was saddened by the rejection but it couldn’t be helped anyway.
“I’ve never had so much fun in my life. And I’ve never sung with someone so lovely and angelic. You’re almost unreal? Do you know that?” Tzuyu commented, making Jihyo whine again.
“Don’t go back to your smoothness! It makes me want to keep you here.” Jihyo whispered.
“I’m sure we’ll meet again. A star like you? There is no doubt.” Tzuyu winked. She placed a quick kiss on Jihyo’s cheek before running away from her complaints.
Tzuyu smiled to herself as she walked home. She didn’t expect to find such an incredible person at the park. She didn’t go too far with a kiss on the cheek, right? They were flirting with each other. It was about ten minutes into reaching home that she realised she made the biggest mistake. How could she have forgotten to get Jihyo’s number? Tzuyu sulked and groaned out in frustration. How was she meant to talk to her now?
“Hey Tzuyu sweetie?” Her mom knocked on her door, before entering.
“Yes Ma?” Tzuyu responded, sadness creeping in already.
“The manager called and said they have a priority event for you so our flight is in an hour now. When we land back in Taiwan, you have to go straight to the company.” She spoke softly, giving her daughter a hug. She could tell something was wrong.
“Maybe work will be a good distraction.” Tzuyu sighed.
“From what?” Her mom frowned.
“I met this really amazing person when I went out to play my guitar.” Tzuyu whimpered.
“So, what’s wrong?” She comforted, patting her back.
“I forgot to get her number.” Tzuyu muttered.
“Sweetie – if it’s meant to happen, you two will meet again. You have her name, right? It’s not a complete loss. You’ll meet her again. I know it.” She consoled, kissing Tzuyu’s forehead. “Now come on, let’s get ready. You can sleep on the plane.”
Tzuyu was void of emotions as they left Japan. Her mother could sense it and she left the girl in her thoughts. She couldn’t do anything to appease her when she thought so much. She just hoped her daughter would be okay soon. It hurt her so see her being indifferent to everything around her like it didn’t affect her.
Her manager greeted her as soon as she entered the doors of the company, ushering her through to their head office.
“What was the urgency Jie?” Tzuyu sighed, taking two steps at a time as she climbed the stairs.
“We have an urgent proposal from an entertainment company in Korea. They want you to collaborate with another one of their artists. We’re letting you decide if you want to go through with it, but we think you’d make an amazing pair.” Her manager Jieqiong spoke next to her.
“They’re already here?” Tzuyu frowned.
“The artist will be coming shortly but the manager is in there already.” Jieqiong nodded.
“Why all of a sudden? I thought I didn’t have anything planned?” Tzuyu asked.
“The other company really want this to happen. And boss also said that this would be a great thing for you. You’ve always wanted to have a collaboration, right? This can be your first.” Jieqiong encouraged, patting Tzuyu’s back.
“Do you know the artist’s name?” Tzuyu questioned.
“No, I wasn’t given the details. Just go in and be yourself. I’m sure you would want to do this! You’ll be amazing.” Jieqiong motivated, pushing Tzuyu through the doors of the meeting room.
Tzuyu stumbled inside the room, spotting a tall girl standing on the other end. She walked towards her, bowing and introducing herself.
“Chou Tzuyu.” She greeted, sporting a smile.
“Hirai Momo.” The girl responded. “I’m sorry my artist is on the way. She was rushed this morning. She should be here soon.”
“Ah, it’s okay.” Tzuyu nodded, playing with her fingers out of nervousness.
“Hey, you don’t have to be nervous! You’ve already–”
Someone burst into the room at that moment, panting heavily as they remained hunched over. Tzuyu’s eyes widened as she noticed the figure; the unforgettable figure.
Park Jihyo was right here, in front of her.
“Jihyo! Couldn’t you come in a little more subtly and quietly!” Momo scolded, helping her artist stand up.
“Excuse me – you dragged me all the way here and you don’t have the decency to say anything but scold me? Yes, I had a good flight. Thank you for asking.” Jihyo snickered and Tzuyu had to hold back a laugh at her attitude. “And who is this person I’m collaborating with! You didn’t tell me over the phone.”
“Can you breathe.” Momo demanded. “Fix your clothes and then turn around.”
Jihyo did as she said and turned, squealing as she spotted Tzuyu.
“How is this possible? Did you know about this? Is that why you said we’ll meet soon?” Jihyo bombarded Tzuyu with questions as she stood in front of her.
“I guess neither of you two know about the video that is spreading around social media. Your performance in Japan has had millions of views already. Both companies were eager to discuss a collaboration, if you are willing to go through with it.” Momo explained, pointing to a video on the monitor behind her.
The two girls walked to the screen slowly, gasping as they saw all the comments of appreciation and beauty of the collaboration.
“We’ll collaborate.” Jihyo and Tzuyu confirmed as soon as they finished watching the video, giggling at their reaction.
“Are you a hundred percent sure? There’s no backing out once this is finalised.” Momo asked again.
“Yes. We’re sure.” They both agreed, nodding.
“Alright then. Congratulations. I’ll tell our boss and yours, Tzuyu.” Momo smiled, walking out of the room and leaving the two alone.
“How?!” They both said at the same time.
“When you left, I got a call from Momo telling me she was waiting for me in Taiwan with a special proposition. I had to rush and come here.” Jihyo said, shaking her head.
“My flight was pushed forward and I had to leave early.” Tzuyu chuckled at the coincidence.
“I really had no idea someone was recording.” Jihyo mumbled as they went to watch their performance again. “You look really beautiful.”
“So do you.” Tzuyu added, nudging Jihyo’s shoulders. “And the petals make it more romantic than ever.”
“I can’t believe this is happened. I’m in Taiwan and I’m collaborating with the one person I never thought I’d meet again. It's such a coincidence.” Jihyo said, not believing her situation.
“I was really upset on the way home.” Tzuyu admitted.
“And why is that?” Jihyo teased, her playful gaze locking with Tzuyu’s.
“Because I had some regrets about how we left things.” Tzuyu confessed.
“You did? So did I.” Jihyo nodded.
“What regrets would you possibly have?” Tzuyu asked, arching an eyebrow.
“Well, the first thing is this.” Jihyo answered, leaning forward to plant a kiss on Tzuyu’s reddening cheeks.
“And the second?” Tzuyu pushed.
“The second would be this.” Jihyo whispered, placing her lips over Tzuyu’s gently. Tzuyu smiled into the kiss, slipping her arms around Jihyo’s waist and pulling her closer.
This was bold, really bold for Jihyo. The inside of her mind was actually in chaos and she felt like she was going to fall apart before she uttered those words. Tzuyu had left her mind in a mess when she left her by the park.
“Is there anything that you still regret?” Jihyo whispered against Tzuyu’s lips as they broke apart.
“Just one thing. Leave your number on my phone before you go. Or maybe you could just write it on my guitar instead.” 

A/N: Hello everyone~ this is my first one shot of the year hehehe
I hope you liked it!
It was a prompt sent by a friend of mine and I really liked it so I went ahead to write it :D

Hope this week was great for you~
See you soon!

- Z.