Chapter 4: Convao Park

Your Mysterious Wish

Yewon's POV

"Is she..." I stop before continuing with a smile, "Snoring...?"

I watch Sojung’s cheeks slight flush pink. Sojung’s eyes widen slowly and she seemed to become more and more absorbed with this freshmen. I watched Sojung’s hand, that was reaching for SinB, twitch slightly. 

“Are you going to wake her up or no?” Sojung finally peels her eyes away from the younger girl. 

“No,” Sojung turns back to her and pulls the thin layer off her, “Help me pick her up without waking her up.”

My eyes widen and I pouted, “Not again!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Argh!” I groan as I place the freshman onto Sojung’s bed. 

I clapped my hands, “Finally, done!”

I turn to Sojung and see her stare at the girl once again. 

“I’ll be on the floor if you need me.” I quickly fall to the floor.

I hovered slightly as I pretend to sleep. I wait about 15-20 until both of them are in deep slumber. I peak up to see Sojung facing SinB. I stood up when the sudden movement of SinB scared me. I hide behind so I could still see what was happening. SinB, who was still asleep, wrapped her arms around Sojung’s waist. 

A soft murmur left , “I wuv you, Mr Teddy. You grew...?” 

I raised my eyebrows and laughed softly. I slowly creep out the room when I hear something else, turning me red.

“What are these soft and squishy balls you have...? Why are you hiding them in your shirt..?” I quickly run out the room, knowing what she was talking about. 

“Argh, this is terrible. I can’t believe I’m actually doing this...” I grab Sojung’s wrist watch and put it on. 

| 8:30 pm | Convao Park |

I turn into a self that can be seen by everybody not just Sojung. I decided not to disguise myself. I arrived at the park entrance. I stopped hovering and my feet were gently placed down. I took soft but hurried steps into the park.

I followed the pathway. In a while, I reached a bench that was placed next to a lamppost. I sat down on the bench and looked at my wrist watch. 

| 8:55 pm |

“Am I too early...?” I say to myself. 

I sigh and lay my head back. I stare at the starry night. The stars looked like white paint sprinkled onto a dark blue sky. The fresh air seemed to start fill with a blueberry scent and I knew I wasn’t alone anymore. 

A pair of small and warm hands seemed to cover my eyes. The contact of the warm hands against my cold skin made smile. The blueberry scent became stronger as the small figure pressed her body against mine. 

“Guess who?” A squeaky voice softly said into my ear. The warm breath brushed my ears, turning them red.

“Who?” I said teasingly and earned a whine from the person.

“Umjii~! You have to guess!” The squeaky voice and whined.

“Hmm, is it...Sojung?” That earns me a slap on the shoulder and I burst out laughing.

She peels away her warm body from my cold one and takes a seat next to me. She turns to me with a bright smile that caused me to smile too.

“Did you forget me?” She pouted playfully, “I’m Jung Eunbi! Remember?” 

I giggled, “Yes, Eunbi. I do remember.” 

I watch Eunbi’s pout leave turn into a smile when I giggle. She faces forward but then leans her head back to face the sky. I follow her and stare into the sky. The sky seemed so much more beautiful now. To be so comfortable with a complete stranger was something weird indeed but much stranger when you didn’t make friends so easily. I turn my head slightly to look at her.

“How are you so comfortable with me?” I bit my lip as I look up again.

I stare at the sky as the silence took over us. Eunbi pointed her index finger to the sky. I tried to where she was pointing. She started to trace over the moon. I watched as she did so, not speaking a word. As my eyes stayed on her finger, that repeatedly traced the moon, she moved closer to me.

Eunbi rested her head on my shoulder and lowers her hand. I freeze as she snuggled up to me. Her hand, that traced the moon, found my cold hands. Her hands cover mine. One slides and intervenes with mine. 

“Umji-yah...” Eunbi said softly, “Can you...call me Eunha from now on..?”

I freeze and cold sweats run down my spine.

“I-is that your nickname..? Is that what everyone calls you?” I turn red as I stutter. Luckily, she was more absorbed in my hands to see my face.

“No,” Her voice was firm but soft, “It’s a very special nickname someone gave to me...”

I held my breath I wait for her to continue you, “Wh-who?”

“I don’t...remember...” Eunha faces me but her head was still on my shoulder, “We’re strangers. I’m someone who doesn’t make friends very often or very quickly. What did you do?”

My eyes widen and I face away,“Wh-what are you talking about...?”

“That night, I stopped you when I saw you at the party because you caught my eye. I was just casually leaving when you grabbed my attention and refused to let it go. I’m sure, is this attraction or is this...some kind of scenario that was meant to be..?” Her words bring my attention back to her, “Why am I so intrigued by you? What are you hiding?”

I gave a stiff laugh,”Come on now, it’s all a coincidence. I mean, afterwards, your eyes left me. How would you have gotten home?”

She turned her attention to our hands once again as she played with my fingers, “You didn’t leave my mind though, I’m glad I meet you again while getting groceries. I got the change to ask you to meet me here.” 

“I’m surprised though. You accepted my invitation even though I gave you such a short introduction to me.” She stops, “I’m curious, why were you panicked then? You seemed conscious of something...”

I take a deep breath in. Inhaling her blueberry scent. I lean more into her and aborsb her body warmth.

I look up at the sky once again as I hold her hand in mine, “Not all questions of yours, I can answer...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, so I tried to make it mysterious? I hope you liked the new chapter, anyway. Thank you for reading. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.