Final

We fell apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10.05.17

 

Here’s how I remembered us falling apart.

 

Sharp 12am tonight is my birthday, and I couldn’t have wished to spend it with someone else other than my Hyunnie. My parents were asleep. Yeri? God knows what she was doing right now? Being a teenager, probably she was on the phone with her girlfriend, Chorong. I couldn’t care less because here I’m staring at the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. she doesn’t cease to get more and more prettier day by day. A let out a content sigh when she calls my name.

 

“Seulgi-ah~~”, she coo-ed while laying her head on her arm, books all over her desk. She let out a giggle seeing me spaced out intently staring at her through the screen.

 

“Am I too pretty for you, Seulgi-ah?” She chuckled softly.

 

“No. You’re just beautiful, the most beautiful person I’ve ever laid eyes on.” I grinned as blush starts to form on her cheeks tinting her face pink. In the background I could clearly hear her sister let out a disgusted sound. “Ugh ew, you guys are gross. Get a room!” 

 

Joohyun turned her head to face her little sister who was comfortably laying on her bed. “Well, technically I am in my room and Seulgi’s in hers. Why don’t you get out instead? tch.” Joohyun faced me again and snuggled on her arm. “Seulgi-ah~ I miss youuuu”. At that exact moment, I felt my heart melt and I couldn’t help but involuntarily tug my lips upward. 

 

“I miss yo too, Hyun-ah~”. Summer break just started. So, we talked about our lives and what we were up to. Joohyun went back to Daegu because she had some sort of family reunion or something, I didn’t listen because I was too busy staring at her dark round eyes. She told me she’d been baby sitting her little cousins for the time being. Meanwhile, I was just at home being my parents’ personal chauffeur, although I hated driving.

 

She stood up quite abruptly when she heard her mom call her name. “Ugh, what? Mom, I’m talking to Seulgi here.” Joohyun’s mom turned the door knob “There you are. Oh, hi Seulgi.”, she waved her hand and started shuffling her feet closer towards Joohyun’s laptop. Joohyun looked up to her mom letting out soft chuckles in between at the end of her sentence. “Seulgi was just telling me how she’s forced to become her parents’ driver”. Her mom laughed motherly and started butting in our conversation. Oh man, there she goes again. C’mon Joohyun, don’t let her ruin our moment. “Remember the time you drove Joohyun around Daegu? It was so nice having you around Seulgi, especially when you helped me do my errands. I can never rely on Joohyun here to drive me around. She’s only good at ironing pfft, but I guess that’s good enough. You should come here more often, Seulgi-ah. Its good to have a reliable, independent woman around.” She went on and on. Joohyun lifted a brow once her own mother started comparing her to me. I knew exactly what that means, she was annoyed. I laughed inwardly, my eyes forming sharp crescents. She lifted her head up and cupped her cheeks, elbows sinking on her desk. “yeah”, she sighed. “Seulgi is definitely perfect.”,  she smiled at me then started dazing away. I cleared my throat politely. Joohyun snapped herself out of her imagination then went on to shoo her mom out of her room. “Okay, okay, I’ll come out in a second. Just let me say goodnight to Seulgi.” 

 

It was already 11.59pm. She stared at me for a while, “Seulgi?” 

 

“Hmm?”

 

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter