Final

Lucky

Yixing was advised by the doctor that Jongin might be still under the effects of anaesthesia, currently sleeping in a private room. The latter had undergone endoscope when he continued experiencing stomach pain for days. Yixing, a physician, suggested to Jongin to undergone on the said procedure.

When he entered the room, he noticed that Jongin was awake, already in a sitting position, seemingly having a staring contest with the white wall. Yixing placed down his bag on the floor, the sound made the Korean male snapped out of his daydream.

The Chinese male sat on the chair nearest to Jongin, “How are you feeling?”

He was expecting that Jongin would whine that he was hungry or demand to go home, but the latter stared at him like he was another wall, “Who are you?” He finally asked after what seemed like hours of just staring to Yixing’s face.

Being a doctor himself, he’d already seen the weirdest effects of anaesthesia to humans, so instead of being offended, he chuckled and replied, “I’m Yixing, but you call me Xing-hyung.” Jongin never called him hyung for so many years, he admitted that he missed it. The younger now call him Xing and many other endearments he could think of, which was also cute.

His answer made Jongin scrunched his nose, Yixing found it so adorable that it took a lot of willpower not to squeal. “Xing-hyung? You’re older?”

He only responded with a nod and asked him to lie down again when he noticed that Jongin’s eyes starting to get droopy. “You don’t look older,” he commented, accompanied by a yawn.

Yixing smiled, “I don’t?”

“No,” the Korean male started, “you… you look beautiful… very.”

Yixing could feel his cheeks heating up, his cheeks was probably in three shades of red or more right now.

Yixing started to remember the time he and Jongin met. The former was watching the peach blossom trees with pure concentration when Jongin approached him out of nowhere, proclaiming to him that Yixing was the most beautiful man he ever saw and the latter was so sure they were going to be boyfriends. They were both in high school back then, and a decade later, Jongin never failed to express how beautiful Yixing was.

“Thank you, Jongin-ah. Sleep now.” He helped Jongin to lie down, Yixing used his fingers to rake Jongin’s hair, a perfect method to make the taller man sleep in record time.

“Are you single?”

He shook his head, “I’m married, actually.” Yixing showed his silver band on his left ring finger.

A pout immediately appeared on Jongin’s lips, “that’s…” he shifted his attention to the wall again, “fantastic. I hope he’s treating you right.”

“He does.”

“Is he as handsome as you?”

“The most handsome,” the Chines man couldn’t help adding, “and I love him so much.”

“Lucky.” Jongin muttered under his breath but Yixing was able to hear it. But before the latter could reply, someone opened the door, his best friend and colleague Jongdae popped his head in.

“Hey, Yixing-hyung, is your husband awake?”

The said man looked back and nodded, “Yes, Dae-ah. Come on in.”

“Yo Jongin! What’s up?” Jongdae waved his hand to Jongin’s direction, displaying his Cheshire-like smile.

“Good, but sleepy.” He replied as he let out another yawn, he stopped mid-yawn when he realized something, “wait, I’m your husband?” Jongin looked at him with pure confusion in his eyes.

Jongdae threw his fellow doctor a puzzled look, Yixing mouthed ‘anaesthesia’ that made Jongdae rolled his eyes. ‘I thought you guys are in a middle of roleplay or something’, he whispered to Yixing to which he received a whack on the head. “Yup! Hot stuff right here is your husband. Gotta go now!” Jongdae confirmed, then sashayed his way out of the room.

When his fellow doctor closed the door, Yixing gazed at Jongin with fondness, “yes, you’re the husband I was talking about.”

Jongin pointed his finger to his chest, now wearing the look of disbelief, “Oh my God… me?”

His husband’s reaction made Yixing laughed so hard, he felt a swelling forming in his chest. “For two years now,” he replied after he calmed down.

“Wow. I can’t believe this. Can I?” Jongin eyes strayed on Yixing hands, “can I touch your hand?”

“Of course.” Yixing immediately intertwined their fingers together while his other hand continued to gently combed Jongin’s brown locks.

Jongin kept looking at their hands with pure bliss, Yixing swore his tear ducts were not about to flow some tears out.

Yixing’s husband giggled, “I married you. I’m so lucky. So lucky to marry you, Yixing.” At his last word, Jongin finally closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

Minutes later, Jongin woke up again to the sight of his other half crying.