Shiver

Shiver

I was on my way home when I met her. It was a rainy night that time and I saw her standing outside the coffee shop shivering because of the cold breeze. She has a creamy white skin, perfectly shaped nose, wavy hair but what awestruck me the most was her eyes. Her beautiful eyes were glassy; she was crying alone in the cold gloomy night.

"Why are you crying? Aish, that person is so fool for making such pretty lady cry."

She suddenly looked at me with wide eyes when I told her that. God gracious! She is a lot more prettier up close! 

"Uh, it's nothing."   

She said then smiled at me. I never believed in love at first sight but dang it! I think she has captured my heart with those angelic smile. 

I have noticed that she's still shivering because of the cold so I gave her my coat. "Here, I've noticed that you are shivering. You can borrow my coat."

"N-no," She said while shaking her head. "If I take that, then you're the one who will suffer from cold." 

"I won't! I promise." Then I smiled at her widely showing my cheekbones.

"..thank you."

 

— — —  ¦  — — —

 

From that night, her face keeps showing up in my head everytime. I cannot make myself forget her beautiful face and every time that I am imagining it, I look like a fool smiling from ear to ear! But then my day dreaming was disturbed by a text message. 

Hi :) Thank you so much for letting me borrow your coat. Can we meet tomorrow at the same coffee shop after your work? I'll just give you back your coat.   — Son Naeun

Oh my goodness, Cupid is so cruel for making my heart beats like crazy. I'll see her again! I'll see her again. Wait--is that her name? Son Naeun.. a beautiful name for a beautiful lady. I texted her my reply right away with a shaking hands. 

Sure! I'll be there before six o'clock. :)   — Lee Taemin

 

— — —  ¦  — — —

 

I was woken up by the sun rays protruding from my windows. I stood up lazily and went to the bathroom to wash up but then I remembered her text message last night and immediately, adrenaline rushed throughout my body and prepared for the day ahead. I'll see her today! 

Time flies so fast and it's time for me to meet the beautiful lady! I was already inside the coffee shop and searching the crowd for her. Suddenly, someone yelled from a far and waving. 

"Taemin-ssi, over here!" There she is, wearing a pink dress and a white cardigan. She is really beautiful...

"Hey. Have you been waiting so long?" I asked her as I grab my chair to sit. I noticed that she is holding a card—no an I.D.

"No, I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes only. By the way, I saw your I.D. inside your coat and that's where I got your number." She hand me my I.D. and then turn to retrieve a paper bag containing my coat and smiled at me warmly. 

"Oh, I've been looking for it this morning. Aish, I'm really forgetful. But thank you for this." I told her and she giggled. Really Son Naeun? It's illegal to be that cute. Aigoo! 

"No prob-lei-mo!" She said and showed her thumbs up. "Ah, by the way, thanks for your company last night. I felt a little better." Then a waiter served us coffees and two blueberry cheesecakes. "And I ordered something. Please take this as my thanks for your help." She smiled at me cheekly.

 

— — —  ¦  — — —

 

Days, and weeks has passed and she still contact me every now and then. We spent some times together on weekends or whenever the both of us are free. Throughout those times, I have gotten closer to her and known her deeply.

Her smiles are so bright that it reminds me so much of sunflowers, her laughs are soothing in the ears, and guess what? She ates like a monster yet she's able to maintain her slim figure! 

One sunday afternoon, she asked me to go on a barbecue house and I agreed right away since it was my day off. Again, we talked about random things, even non-sense things because we're already comfortable towards each other. It was so nice that we were able to become close at a short period of time.

Then I remembered the firt time I saw her on the coffee shop and I asked her something. "Naeun-ah, remember the first time we met? You haven't told me the reason why you were crying that night. Can you tell me? 

Upon asking such question, her smile disappers and she avoided my gaze. Before she answered my question, she released a long sigh. "It was.. because of him. I mean, my ex-boyfriend. Before you came there, we met in the coffee shop and we had a fight. He told me that.. he can no longer bear being with me.. He said that he rather chase his dream of becoming a professional photographer than dating me.. I tried stopping him but..I can't. His words feels like a knife stabbing me repeatedly."

As she says those words, silent tears escaped from her beautiful eyes. There she is again, being beautiful; still perfect despite her flowing tears. I approached her and give her comforting words to make her crying stop. That jerk doesn't deserve these precious tears. 

"Hey, hey. Look at me, Naeun-ah." I said while cupping her beautiful face. "That guy doesn't deserve you and your tears. You are beyond perfect for him so smile now, okay? Show me your dazzling smile."

She looked straight in my eyes and smiled. "Thank you, Taemin oppa. Thank you for everything. You have helped me to forget the pain that he has inflicted. You are the best-est bestfriend that everyone could ever have." Then she hugged me tight. Right, she is my bestfriend. I guess I've made a mistake of falling for my bestfriend

 

— — —  ¦  — — —

 

Years has passed and today was a very special day for my Naeun. In less than a minute, I can finally see her walking down the aisle wearing a white dress. I can clearly remember the first time I saw her; perfect as she is, standing outside the coffee shop. The way she shivered in the cold breeze, the way her eyes sparkles because of tears. 

Then the cathedral doors suddenly opened revealing a very beautiful woman. I can clearly see her face behind those veils and I saw her sunshine smiles. 

My world suddenly stops as our eyes met. I cannot take it any longer, she is beyond perfect to wait there by herself so I walked straight to her and said, "Yah! Son Naeun, it is illegal to be this beautiful you know and I cannot afford to make you wait. Come on now, let us walk together towards the altar." 

I smiled at her and offered her my arms. She gladly accepted it and interlock her slim arms with mine. Together, we walk towards the altar where her future husband awaits. 

When we have reached the altar, her fiancé took her hand and smiled at her sweetly then she turned her head towards me. "Taemin oppa, thank you so much for everything. You have made my life a colorful one." Smile is the only response I could give her.

Although it is painful, I faced her fiancé and smiled at him. "Kim Myungsoo-ssi, please take a good care of her. She is my little sunshine. Don't try making her cry again or else." Her soon to be husband smiled at me and nod as a response. 

I can no longer watch as the love of my life says I do. Staying here would just shatter my heart into million pieces so I turned and took my leave. 

I went out of the cathedral and found out that it was raining. Not minding the rain, I run as fast as I could. I need to get away from this place. It's suffocating me. My tears started to flow along with the droplets of the rain. I thought I could bear the pain. I thought that she will learn how to love me back. But I was wrong. She never sees me as a man. She only sees me as her bestfriend. 

Naeun-ah, I love you. My only hope is that you'll fine your happiness with him. You will be my forever sunshine. Goodbye.