Sixth Part| Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixth Part|Like We Used To

Seulgi

 

Don’t believe what Irene just said. I didn’t mouth the words I love you. At least, it wasn’t all of it.

            But before that, let’s rewind into five minutes ago when everything started…and ended between Wendy and I.

            Wendy… I almost couldn’t recognize that name. That is until I turned my head and saw that striking beauty in the stage. Same with those striking eyes and sweet lips. Seungwan didn’t change much over the course of years. And I was left awestruck right before her.

            Do you know that moment when you get to meet your first love after years of being apart? It was like a fluttering moment. You would be wondering how you used to have feelings for this person and all of a sudden BAM! There she was, grown up and is finally away from those silly school uniforms and weird highlights. You’ll realize how mature they got and still… something doesn’t change.

            It’s like that person’s back to tug strings in your heart, like a constant strumming. And then you’ll realize that people are right with what they say. First love never really dies. Not exactly.

            “Good evening everyone! I know it’s a surprise but I hope you’ll enjoy this song.” The singer spoke on stage, her eyes searching around the crowd.

Our gazes meet. Okay, a total fan fiction cliché moment.

            I totally forgot everything around me when she stared back at me. For a moment, I even forgot that I’m here for a mission that I’m a stupid matchmaker for goodness sake! She still has that effect to me after all. Not as much as before but not too little to ignore.

            And when she started singing, it felt like answers to questions left hanging in the air formed. Things… started to make sense.

 

“I can feel her breath
as she's sleeping next to me
Sharing pillows and cold feet
she can feel my heart
Fell asleep to its beat
under blankets and warm sheets
If only I could be in that bed again
If only it were me instead of him…”

 

            I didn’t know how or when it happened, but the crowd parted a path right in front of me. I wanted to disappear right at spot.

            You know how they say that love is too powerful that even the greatest heroes, the greatest gods, shrink down to their knees at it? I realize how true that was.

            It felt like I was being a slave again. Over and over again.

 

“Does she watch your favorite movies?
Does she hold you when you cry?
Does she let you tell her all your fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter