Chapter 1

Odd Eye

Kibum loved his odd eye.

It was rare to still have an odd eye in your late twenties, but he didn’t care. Despite what others may think about the matter, it was something that made him feel special. Although it wasn’t that odd of a pair, both were of a brown color, one was just more dark while the other was a bit more light.

Still, they were his.

Ok, well technically one color belonged to his soul mate, but that wasn’t important to him. Kibum never believed in such things as soul mates and true love, even with the proof plain on his face. He had never really thought of what he would look like with two matching colored eyes, ever since a young age he had grown to love them and accept them as his own. Secretly he hoped to never meet his soul mate, that way his eyes would truly stay his forever.

He brushed aside these thoughts swirling through his head as he finished applying the right amount of liner to said eyes. Giving himself an appreciative nod in the mirror, he slung his black blazer on and began to make his way to the stage.

Fashion editor by day and dancer by night was his type of lifestyle. And it truly was that, just dancing. It worked as a sort of stress relief, where he could rid his soul from its daily pressures. I

t had all started when he had met his now friend Taemin during one of his company’s photo shoots. He had mentioned that dance was his main forte, while the modeling gigs were just on the side. The two had hit it off right away, and the model had invited Kibum to one of his shows. Completely in awe with his friend’s performance, he became struck with his own dancing bug, and only a few months later he had become one of the clubs most popular acts.

Tonight he was excited to perform a song he had written himself, with some help from his friend Jonghyun. It was a positive, upbeat song that let him show his true colors. He felt incredibly confident decked out in his borderline-dominatrix outfit, with his hair a newly dyed bright red. On anyone else the combination would have looked atrocious, but it seemed as if it were made for him.

The song began to play loudly over the club’s speakers and he could hear the desperate hoots and hollers of the many men and women dying to see him. The thought always amused him, and he couldn’t help the smirk that adorned his flawless features as he made his way onto the stage and gave the people what they wanted.

His hips swayed sensually to the beat as his feet worked the expertise choreography perfectly, but it was the whip in his hand that had the audience coming undone. Kibum chuckled a little to himself, watching his very action create a new wave of screams and appreciation amongst the crowd.

It was nearing the end of his performance and towards the part where he would have to entertain a member of the audience. Jinki, the club’s owner, was always in charge of picking out the guests who got to participate with the dancers. He had a good sense of judgment, and could tell the creeps apart from the mere fans.

Kibum was still dancing when he saw the guy being ushered up on stage. He took in the man’s height and attractive side profile and made a mental note to give Jinki some props later. As he made his final turn to face the man now sitting in his chair, Kibum stopped.

It had all happened so fast, but he knew the minute they made eye contact that something had changed. He knew the man sensed it too, as they both continued to stare at each other, mouths agape, and the performance completely forgotten. It wasn’t until Kibum felt light tears upon his face that he quickly made his way to the stage exit. Somewhere in his subconscious he acknowledged the man tried to follow him, but the stage security intervened before he could get very far. Kibum ran until he was in the safety of his own dressing room.

Gasping for air he let himself slide to the floor, tears still flowing down his face. He sat and stared at the wall, waiting a few minutes till he grabbed his phone from the table beside him and switched it to the self-facing camera.

Staring back at him were two of the same colored eyes.


A/N: Thank you for reading! Comments are very much appreciated ^^