Secret Love

Love Trials

"Hey ! You're early today huh ?" asks Dew. She's a friend of mine , the one who sticks with me everyday. Not that I mind, but everytime we're together I'm teased by everyone in my team. I'm a basketball player that's why when she goes to cheer me up or goes to my practices they teased us that we should get a room because we're too sweet together but everytime they says that , Dew would response 'soon' making me blush in embarrassment.

"yes, you too. What's up?" I responded . We're in the basketball court seated at the bench, and we're the only one here right now because it is still just about 7 in the morning and the others will be here at 8 at most. Well it's not like I want them to be here , I still want to be with Dew for now. I have a crush on her but I hide it carefully not to be found out because she might be disgusted by me and leave me. Even she's nice to me and the others , and when we got teased together she just throws whatever she feel like saying thtat's why i deny all of it because I know deep in her heart she only treat me as a friend like the others. If i fall to that jokes, i'll be hurt.

"I heard there's a new player of the basketball team so I want to check it out if it's a good looking one" she answered. See ? that's one of the reason I don't dare to think that she meant what she says in front of the others. Even if it hurts sometimes i need to cope with my feelings if I wanted to get close to her.

"Is it? Never heard that to our coach" I answered and I felt my phone vibrated at the bench i'm seated so I excuse myself and took the phone call.

When I came back I then told her excitedly "My bestfriend is transfering today in our school. I would like you to met that bestfriend of mine!" 

- - 

Their is a commotion going on at the door of the gym we're at, and there goes my bestfriend at the spotlight, and the cause of commotion. Golf. It's been four years since I last saw this guy and he became handsome and unlike when we're middle schooler that everyone would bully him. I hurriedly went to his spot when he called out for me in the crowd.

"wow! looking good now huh?"

"haha , same to you bro! you become boyish now" said Golf looking at me from head to toe, I'm a tom and when we're in the same school i still wear girls clothes but now isn't the same. I become manly. We chatted for awhile but remembering Dew I'm excited to let them met, but i didn't think that this day is the most hateful moment that i made in my entire life.

"hey I'd like you to meet someone!"

"your girlfriend ?" he said teasingly as he nudge me at my side

"Yeah, she's beautiful and you would wish that she'll be your girlfriend" I joked

"ohh.."  he answered with his brow raised

"just kidding, haha , she's just my girl best friend"

we then went to my teammates spot and where Dew is at. I introduced him to them and lastly Dew.

"hello... i'm Zee's friend" she said while looking at Golf with her sweet smile, i felt a knot in my heart seeing that but i ignore it thinking that i might have just had a heartburn or something.

"hello, i'm bestfriend of Zee, also the new basketball player in the guys team, i hope you'll cheer for me".

That's the day where i mostly want to punch myself for letting them meet.

- -

"Can I talk to you bro?"

"yes, what's up?" I ask Golf, We're the only one's left in the court , cleaning.

"Can you help me... court Dew?"

I was stunned but I fake my smile and said even if it left a bitter taste inside my mouth "s-sure"

"You like her don't you ?"

"what are you talking about Golf ? of course not"

"even if it is, I want you to give up on her bro, can you? i really like her"

"how can i prove it then?"

"let's play . whoever lost will give up on Dew"

"why do i have to? you can have her Golf , it's not like I have a chance to her"

"are you sure?"

"yeah..."

"thanks bro! you're really my best buddy!" he said while he mess my hair.

It's not like I can have Dew to myself... And I know Golf will treat her better and he's perfect for her...

- -

The courting started , I told Golf everything I know about Dew. Her favorites , her dislikes and so on. When Golf wanted to give Dew flowers, he passed it to me and I'm the one to give it to Dew. Everytime I saw her smile, I wanted to think that i'm the one who's making her smile like that but remembering Golf who's just looking at the side ,  I said honestly that Golf is the one who give that and just walk out after that.

Letters, chocolates , gifts and so on. i'm the one who's delivering it to Dew even if it hurts , i hold on to see her smile. But the smile i thought that can lift up my mood turned to that of something making me feel a billion knives stabbing instead.

- -

Everyday is not the same anymore, the teasing went to Golf and Dew and Dew seems not to mind it and just smiles that's why i only look at them and continue practicing in the other part of the basketball court with my teammates. The days I spent with them grew thinner , I avoid them and says that I am busy, Out of my frustration , I was practicing late at night without someone around and cried for the first time.

- -

"are you avoiding me, Zee?" suddenly asks Dew at my back. I'm at the bench near the school ground where I watch the soccer player practice because I don't want to watch Dew cheering for Golf.

"what are you talking about Dew? Of course i'm not" I lied and didn't look at her but she block my view instead and said

"then why aren't you answering your phone and my messages ?"

"I'm busy"

"busy? here you are just watching and you says you're busy? busy and you can even reply to others but you can't reply mine?"

"what are you doing here anyway? Golf is not here" I said , changing the topic

"what's wrong with you Zee? you're not like this!"

"I'm always like this, now you know"

"fine if you want me to be with Golf , i'll be."

"sure, you'll look good together anyways"

"you really want us together huh?"

"yeah, it's not like I like you or anything, so can you go now? I don't want to see you, you're annoying"

"is this how you always feel about me?"

"yeah"

I answered even if it's the other way around. She shook her head with a sadness all over her face, I looked down as she walk away from me.

I want you, I wanted to be with you always, I want you to annoy me and be teased by the others but how can I do that when in your eyes I'm just a friend?

- - -

I stopped going to practices and focus in my studies instead and only go there if i want to or when their is a competion going to happen the next day and practice. Whenever I saw Dew at the locker , I make a U turn and wait till she's not there anymore. Sometimes she call for my attention but I pretend to not hear it and hurried my steps.

- - -

I made new friends and tried to forget her... but can I ?

- - - -

Dew's pov

"Hey ! You're early today huh ?" I ask. She's a friend of mine , the one I sticks to everyday. Not that I mind, but everytime we're together I'm teased by everyone in her team. She's a basketball player that's why when she goes to competition or goes to her practices I always cheer her up and her teammates teased us that we should get a room because we're too sweet together but everytime they says that , I would response 'soon' making her blush in embarrassment and it's just to cute to see that side of her.

"yes, you too. What's up?" she responded . We're in the basketball court seated at the bench, and we're the only one here right now because it is still just about 7 in the morning and the others will be here at 8 at most. Well it's not like I want them to be here , I still want to spend my time with her for now that's why i came early, knowing that she's here. I have a crush on her this passed years now, but I want to stay friends with her because it might ruin our friendship if we broke up all of a sudden, I don't want that. I became nice to her and the others for my feelings to not be notticed , and when we got teased together I just throws what i really feel inside me but I guess she has no feelings for me at all because she always denies it.

"I heard there's a new player of the basketball team so I want to check it out if it's a good looking one" I answered. I want to make her jealous for her to notice me and if there is a hidden feelings she felt about me but to no avail she only response the way a friend responses. Sometimes i need to cope with my feelings if I wanted to get close to her even if it hurts to know that i'm branded as a friend.

"Is it? Never heard that to our coach" she answered and I felt something vibrated at the bench i'm seated and saw her grab the phone as she excuse herself. I'm just looking at her form that can make the other girls fall for her but i'm still glad that she stays with me and not having a girlfriend cause i don't think I can stand that.

When she came back she then told me without hiding the excitement she feels "My bestfriend is transfering today in our school. I woul like you to met that bestfriend of mine!" . I prayed that it's not a girl.

- -

She gave me flower out of the blue , so it made me happy but when she told me that it's not from her I instinctively look at her but she already walk away and i saw that her bestfriend waving at me , so it's not her huh? I feel dissapointed but i still smile to Golf, the gifts continued to be given by Zee , i always think that she's the one giving it to me but looking at the side where Golf is at, I can't pretend that it was her.

All of my favorites are being sent to me , and I know it was Zee's who told Golf about it but it's not making me feel better.

- -

I saw her just sitting in the bench watching the soccer players so I went to her side and asks "Are you avoiding me, Zee?"

"what are you talking about Dew? Of course i'm not" she said as I block her view because she's only focus on the players

"then why aren't you answering your phone and my messages ?"

"I'm busy"

"busy? here you are just watching and you says you're busy? busy and you can even reply to others but you can't reply mine?" said I, I always text her but she never replied and when I ask the others if Zee lost her phone they only replied that it's not.

"what are you doing here anyway? Golf is not here" she said while furrowing her brows ,

"what's wrong with you Zee? you're not like this!" I said because she began to be cold towards me and avoids me and never did we spent time with each other this passed few weeks since Golf was here.

"I'm always like this, now you know" she answered with a slightly annoyed tone. I don't know why but seeing her like this makes me want to cry because it's not like this, the Zee i know will never say or act like this.

"fine if you want me to be with Golf , i'll be." If this is about her bestfriend then what? 

"sure, you'll look good together anyways" she said indifferently

"you really want us together huh?" I feel dissapointed

"yeah, it's not like I like you or anything, so can you go now? I don't want to see you, you're annoying"

"is this how you always feel about me?"

"yeah"

I shook my head cause i don't know what to say anymore and the words i want to say have been stuck in my throat. I walked away cause I don't want her to see the tears

I want you, I wanted to be with you always but here you are, pushing me away to your bestfriend .

- - 

can I forget about you Zee?

 

-  -  -  -  -

The two went to their own world , not minding each other trying to forget their presence even for a little.

- - - - 

"hello Zee, I'm Spoii . Nice to meet you"