One Month

Love at Sixteen

#05: One Month

.As soon as Hana arrived home from ballet class, she ran to her room and went to her study desk. Hana pulled one of her drawers open and she took out a black thin permanent marker. She looked at the only Suga's picture she had and she wrote down his name.

 

"Yoon..gi.." she wrote it down and smiled in satisfaction. "There it is." She looked at the picture again and to the name written under it. "He has such a good name," she tilted her head and then blushed when her mind continued saying that his name is as good as his looks.

 

"Hana! Get ready for dinner!" Her mother's call killed her giddy thoughts. Hana face palmed before she grabs her towel and get into the toilet to wash up. She will have dinner after this and then to tuition class. A pathetic day as usual.

.

................

"Hana," Suga chanted the name softly as he was lying on the mattress. He had been chanting it ever since he had her name. The fact that she asked and told him her name was still amusing to him. Suga grinned again. He had been thinking to visit her again tomorrow. It seems like Thursday will be mutual day of their meeting. Because that was the only day with the only place Suga can find and meet her.

 

Suga didn't have any specific reason when he went there last week to meet her. He just, went there. Wandering around the town for a while before he finally realize that he had stood in front of the ballet studio and ended up staying there, waiting for her. Thinking he doesn't even need a reason to meet her, Suga is determined to go there again tomorrow.

 

But..the buts are coming again and again. It was stopping him from continuing to meet her. The buts that trying to make his wish went dead. The buts that, they are not suitable to be friends.

Suga still remember how her mother looked at him last two Thursdays. She had that hatred and disgusted look on her face. Hana and her mother looked alike and both of them had that pretty hazel brown hair. The only thing differs in them was how they looked at him.

 

Hana looked at him with her soft looks and her eyes always sparkle when she saw him. While her mother, she would stared at him with dark eyes as if she warned him not to get closer to her daughter.

 

"Huh.." Suga sighed in despair. He should stop thinking about meeting her. He should stop... chanting her name.

 

.

----------------

Every time Hana walked to her ballet studio, she will always looked around which she had never did before. She will just always go straight to her studio after she got off the car. But since last Thursday when she met Suga, she silently was hoping that he would be there at the entrance just like on that day.

 

Hana sighed in despair because the figure she had been waiting for wasn't there. Including last week and this week, it was already two weeks since they last met.

 

"Seriously? We just knew our name." Hana muttered with a pout as she entered the studio with a heavy heart.

 

.

----------------

From two weeks, the time passed to a month. It has been a month since Hana last seen Suga. She was wondering and worrying over him thinking did something happened to him or did he went somewhere far or she just don't know. Hana didn't know why was it so hard to see him even when they were living in the same town.

 

Their town is not that big. There are four neighborhoods, a lively town and side of the city where the villagers stayed there. People who lived in neighborhood usually are people that are rich; the first class and the middle class. Mostly they worked in the city that is one hour away from their town. The people who lived in the village are farming and gardening. Therefore, fresh vegetables and fruits are easily to get.

 

Both people from different side of the city are in good terms. Their teamwork and their good relationship mostly seen when the summer festival is around and when there are any occasions celebrated, both people will work together.

 

Now it is April already and summer will come soon. But that didn't make Hana happy or anticipate about it. She is more looking forward to have a further meeting with Suga. But it seems like she was the only one who feels like that. Because if Suga wants to meet her, he can just came on Thursday, like the other day since he already knew where he can find her. But he didn't.

 

"Who am I to him?" Hana suddenly thought. Yes, who is she to Suga? They are no friends or lovers. They are just a result of an accident acquaintance, and they are still strangers.

 

.

----------------

April 17th,

"Guys, thank you so much for helping!" Hoseok beams in satisfaction to see buckets of fresh vegetables that were already plucked and washed by him and his friends.

 

His friends are helping him and his grandparents to do the job which was also their part time job. His grandparents’ worker had quit since they are teenagers that will further study in college in the city so while finding another workers, Hoseok had asked his friends for help. It has been a month too since they did this job and they were told today is their last day.

 

During a month, they stayed over at Hoseok's grandparents' house causing the house suddenly was crowded and lively with 12 teenagers: 7 boys and 5 girls. They had a lot of fun helping while gaining tips from selling the vegetables.

 

"It was fun to work," Joy, the bob haired girl spoke after she finishes counting her salary for a month.

 

"It is, you should really work after this." Taehyung replied with a grin.

"We do have work," Kyra, the colorful highlights haired girl stated. She mentioned about their illegal work of stealing and selling in dark market.

 

"Yeah, and soon, we will have new work." Taehyung leaned on Jungkook's back behind him. When the others frowned, Taehyung looked at Jin and signaled him to tell the others.

 

"About the car..." Jin started reminding all of them to the most expensive car they had stolen almost two months ago. Jin together with Namjoon, Hoseok, Jungkook and two girls, Joy and Kyra worked on together in selling the car's sparepart and they modified the old car they stole recently into a moving juke box.

 

They installed turbo and speakers to the car. Their plan was to do a secret club hang out for their teenagers in their town. They got lots of request to do a club where the teenagers were already bored with somewhat bore and educated town. They want some fun other than watching movies in cinema and having fun in theme park.

 

"We shall start next week." Taehyung declared.

 

After chatting and discussing their new project, they went home. Each of them got free fresh vegetables and a buckwheat flowers as a gift. They separated when the members who lived in neighborhood will return home while the members who lived in the village will also return home.

 

As for Suga, he was in the middle of the two places. Together with Jungkook, they stayed in a flat. Instead of going home together with Jungkook, Suga excused himself because he wanted to go to the town. He wanted to buy new clothes for his mother at home.

 

Suga was the only son in the family. His mother worked as a home-tailor and he is fatherless. He pitied his mother for working hard to pay his expensive school fees until she fell ill. That was the major reason of why he stopped schooling in age fourteen and why he did the illegal job. He did it for money to help his mother.

 

Suga went to a popular mall in their town and bought himself and his mother a pair of new clothes. He was planning to do groceries together with her as they were short of home necessities and some are none already. Suga was all happy with a smile on his face until unknowingly he smiles wider when he sees Hana.

 

Hana who wears light blue dress today is waiting for the greenlight to cross the street. From her feminine attire, Suga tried guessing where will she go on this Monday evening.

 

 

"Hi, Hana." Hana turned to her left when she heard a voice that she had been wanting to hear since last month. She turned and saw Suga with a smile. He looks fine, and his hair is half mint and half blonde which she was positive, after the mint colour fades, his hair will be light blonde.

 

"H-hi," Hana was stammering because she didn't expect to meet him on Monday which is today. She wanted to call his name like he did to her but she just couldn't out of shyness.

 

Suga smiled again. "It's only been a month," Suga started. "And you already forgot my name." Suga slightly pouts. He was a little hurt because he remembers her name and calls her while she just hi'd him. Hana blush a little.

 

"No I didn't." She denied. Suga didn't say anything expect for staring at her face. Secretly, he had been missing her that he studied her face carefully. He wanted to memorize how she looks so that if he missed her again, he could immediately recall how she looks like. Especially, when she smiles.

 

The green light flashed but Hana didn't cross the street. She moves aside to give way to people who wanted to cross and she stood beside the phone booth near the crossing street. Suga followed her there as he can't take his eyes off of her.

 

Hana is beautiful. She is. But that was not the only reason why Suga was staring at her. He missed her.

 

"So, where are you going today?" Suga asked after a short silence.

 

"To attend music class." Hana answered as she braced herself to take a good look at Suga. Both of them just did the same. They are trying to save each other's faces in memory so that they can recall it when they missed each other. She wanted to ask him where has he been for a month but seeing him standing in front of her looking so fine, she couldn't ask for more. Seeing him good makes her happy.

 

Hana was so sure that after this, it could be another week or another month she will see him again. So, she took this chance to study his face features carefully.

 

"Music class?" Suga chuckled. Why does she sounded like she was one of the rich daughter and was sent to all this professional lesson like music and dancing? Or maybe, she is. Suga got reminded by the fact that she wore fine clothes and they met at the rich neighborhood street.

 

"Why?" Hana was weird because she didn't think that telling him she is attending a music class was funny. It wasn't even a joke.

 

"What a life. You attend school and go to these classes every evening?" Suga was curious about her life. She looks like she had all her activities planned for her.

 

Hana nods. "And night tuition." She added. Suga raised a brow in disbelief. How can she live in such life? Suga is pretty sure that if he was in her shoes, he will run away. He can't live in a locked cage because he wants to fly freely.

 

"Every day?"

 

Hana nods again to his question before she rethinks.

 

"I got free times on Saturday and Sunday evening. From Monday till Friday, it was school, music or dance lessons except for school club on Wednesday and night tuition."

 

"Okay lady, by hearing that, it sounds tiring." Suga commented. He was thinking to make her have some fun while she was with him. But it will not be today. Suga then walked her to her music class.

 

At the entrance, they stopped. Suga took out half of the buckwheat flowers he received today and he handed it to her.

 

" ’Till we meet again." He said with a promising smile which gives her hope. No matter how long it will be after this meeting, Hana is assured that they will meet again. Just like today.

 

" ‘Till we meet again, Yoongi." Hana quietly repeated Suga's word and she said his name while she looked at him who was crossing the street to go home.

 

-to be continued

 

HIXTAPE IS COMING!

HOBI I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR YOUR MASTERPIECE!! TT TT