final.

was it the alcohol?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"isn't it nice? to have someone to accompany you in this cold night"

nayeon chuckled bitterly as she remembered the other girl's question earlier at the farewell party (which is thrown by their friend since they have just graduated). it sure is nice.

she doesn't understand either, how she immediately agreed as the latter grabbed her wrist and muttered in a low voice, "run away from the world with me"

well, she could just tell the girl now that she changed her mind, and that the latter's idea is crazy. but here she is, walking side by side, about to run away with a stranger.

okay, maybe not a total stranger. nayeon had known myoui mina before as they've had some classes together. they never really talked to each other though. and as what nayeon remembered, the last time they talked was when the japanese forgot to bring her pen and ended up asking nayeon to lend her one.

"why were you chuckling?", nayeon immediately turns her head to look at the girl beside her, who turns out has already stared back. "well, can't i?"

"you can, obviously" mina replies, shrugging nonchalantly. "however, i don't think it is right to chuckle all of the sudden for no reason at all. hence, the question"

nayeon only rolls her eyes in response, chuckling again as mina follows along, before they then fell into a comfortable silence. the silence though was soon broken by nayeon's grunt, making mina once again stare at her, this time with a what's wrong? look.

"my feet and legs are starting to hurt, and my head is aching too" nayeon explains just as she could read the other's mind. "you know, to think about it now, running away with heels and a dress and plus, under alcohol is not actually a very wise choice"

"well.. it's too late to come back now"

"what do you mean too late? we're only a few meters away from the house"

"oh, shut up. i'm not letting you go"

it was when the japanese grabbed nayeon's hand and dragged the girl to continue walking that nayeon lets out a groan.

"are you planning to kidnap me, myoui?" the brown-haired girl asks, which was then replied by mina's small laugh. "and what if i am?"

"you'll continue to do it even if i say it's not okay, won't you?"

"hm. bingo"

nayeon still lets the japanese drag her anyway.

"you know, you're lucky you're that pretty" nayeon blurts out. "and you look nice with that black dress, have i told you that?"

"i guess you've said that earlier at the party. but thanks, you're not so bad yourself" mina shoots the latter a wide grin.

the last thing nayeon knew was she, grumbling that her feet hurts so much (mina ignoring her and proceeds on dragging her away anyway), when suddenly they reached a park nearby. nayeon immediately sits on the nearest bench, as mina follows suit and sit beside the tired slash a little drunk girl.

"ugh, finally"

"finally" mina repeats, letting out a light sigh awhile staring at the stars in the dark sky. nayeon too, stares at the star (the one sitting beside her, to be exact).

mina is so beautiful, is all nayeon could think about.

"look at the stars" the japanese says, snapping nayeon out of her own thoughts (and which makes her quickly looks away to avoid getting caught, although mina had already noticed earlier). "look how they shine for you"

nayeon almost immediately scoffs (playfully) at the girl, before adding afterwards, "don't pull a coldplay card on me"

mina chuckles, grinning sheepishly upon hearing that. "i meant it though. the stars really do look like it's shining for you"

"you think?" nayeon also stares at the stars above this time. "hm, i can't really see the stars since you shine brighter than them"

"okay, smooth talker" the japanese cuts her off, laughing softly. "nice try. that almost fluttered my heart"

"i meant it though" the other girl replied, as mina then playfully rolls her eyes. "don't use my line on me"

"well," nayeon lets out a light laugh in response. "that line almost fluttered my heart as well so i suppose i wanted to try it on you as well"

"mhm, i don't think you should though" said mina as she smiles at the girl sitting beside her. "i might fall for you"

"then i'll catch you" nayeon smiles back at the now chuckling japanese.

"i'm heavy, just saying"

"it doesn't matter" the brunette's smile turns into a small one as she fixes her stare to the sky above again. "as long as you fall into my arms"

(nayeon may not realised, but mina's stare at her turned softer and her heart starts to melt upon hearing those words.)

nayeon did realise now though, that when she agreed to run away with mina earlier, it's not only because she also did want to leave the party as much as the latter did. maybe it was also because truthfully, nayeon had always been wanting to get to know mina better.

they were only classmates who sometimes lend each other notes and only that. their group of friends are different. mina is different. nayeon wasn't sure what makes the girl different from any other girls she ever saw, or to be exact, special, to herself.

maybe it was the way mina would frown when she's trying to solve a hard question. or the way she's the seemingly quiet girl in the class bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter